Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Water Spout
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Aqua Jet

Here I have a pretty fun set that I originally took from the amazing innovator Kitten Milk (rip, you are missed) but I tried out in this meta and turns out to be hella fun. So here we have the lord Spoutstoise. Evs are pretty self explanatory with max spa to make water spout hit as hard as possible and max speed to go fast to minimize the possibility of being weakened prior to using water spout. Now pair this bad boy with your standard tornadus rain setter/ tailwind set and you have a hella fast, very strong water spout coming at you.

252+ SpA Mega Blastoise Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon in Rain: 249-294 (63.1 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery-- BROKEN
252+ SpA Mega Blastoise Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Florges in Rain: 280-330 (77.7 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery-- BROKEN

Here is 2 replays cause I think we need them or something

vs Arifeen
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-242993319
vs DaSpoofy
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-242989925

Probably still better off using standard stoise sets but this one is real fun

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, this is something that I've been using for a bit now and I really like the set. It shines particularly well versus Mega Aero offense but can work versus plenty of other archetypes so long as you play well and maneuver around its checks.

Bronzong @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Now OTR Bronzong may seem weird but it's good, trust me. I'm not sure if you know this but that Gyro Ball hits like a mack truck and is capable of OHKOing may offensive things after Stealth Rock such as Azelf, Hydreigon, etc. It even does around 50% to stuff like Darmanitan. Earthquake comes next as the obvious method of hitting Fire type switchins like Entei. I usually like to lure those in with something like Toxicroak or I like to pop off an EQ early game to weaken the Fire for later sweeping. This is only an issue when it's tough to set up SR because after SR most offensive fires just die. Explosion is used to weaken shit like Blastoise and Cresselia after the jig is up. Once it's revealed that you're OTR its harder to set up because they are aware of it, but dont let that dissuade you, so long as Aerodactyl is alive, Bronzong can sweep!

As you can see, most of these are against Aero offense BUT that isn't the only time you get utility out of zong. I only really saved replays where I was sweeping with Zong but there have been plenty of games where LO EQ catches Entei and it is neutralized for later.

Good evening from Down Under, Australia. One particular underrated set that most seasoned players will have faced before is that of Lead Mamoswine. Not sure how much usage this bad boy has been getting lately but seeing as I've only been running into LO variants on the ladder I thought I would bring this set to light. Fitting perfectly with many Heavy Offence builds it can set Hazards with ease as well as function as a Wallbreaker of sorts.

Divine Swine (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Fairly straight forward and self explanatory, Mamoswine has a good match up against most leads in UU due to it's immunity to Taunt (Oblivious) and great STAB coverage in conjunction with priority (Ice Shard) and the massively useful Endeavor. No wall is safe, if played correctly, this Mamoswine set can do some massive damage to the opponents team.

A couple of Replays for your viewing pleasure:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-245843761
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-241015465
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-241033334
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-241034145
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-241051379
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-241287441
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-241871383
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-241881861
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-241883032

Snorlax @ Chople Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk/Earthquake

I decided to try this set out a while ago just for the fun of it and it has proven itself to be quite useful on the ladder. Everyone knows that Snorlax is a fearsome sweeper, with great bulk and a typing that gives it only one weakness in the form of Fighting-type moves. Giving Snorlax a Chople Berry is a one-time remedy to this weakness, and it can help you in a sweep. There are many Fighting-types in UU and many 'mons that carry Fighting-type coverage, so this set is pretty handy. Though the lack of Lefties recovery and added Knock Off vulnerability hurts here, this is nonetheless a set that I think you should all try out, because it's not that different from the standard set anyway and arguably allows you to check additional stuff, most notably Calm Mind Reuniclus, which you can set up against more easily thanks to the berry.
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 144 HP / 176+ SpD Chople Berry Snorlax: 102-120 (20.5 - 24.1%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Aura Sphere vs. 144 HP / 176+ SpD Chople Berry Snorlax: 106-125 (21.3 - 25.1%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO
+2 4 SpA Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 144 HP / 176+ SpD Chople Berry Snorlax: 150-177 (30.1 - 35.6%) -- 32.2% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 144 HP / 188 Def Chople Berry Snorlax: 274-324 (55.1 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Cobalion Close Combat vs. 144 HP / 188 Def Chople Berry Snorlax: 169-201 (34 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Close Combat vs. 144 HP / 188 Def Chople Berry Snorlax: 348-409 (70 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These calcs, though they only represent a sample of UU's Fighting-type moves, show just how well Snorlax can tank hits with this item equipped. The best part is that, after a few Curses, the Physical moves do even less, making it even easier to break Fighting-type checks. This is another reason why I added EQ as a potential option for this set, because you can comfortably live hits from Cobalion or Doublade and strike back with a boosted Earthquake.

Have fun with this set, and thanks for your attention!

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion

Aerodactyl @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unnerve
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

Alright so last night myself, YABO, and Thisbemyalt were in a skype call and YABO decided he wanted to use scarf aero. I honestly did not think anything of it because it sounded like complete and utter gabbage, but in the end this mon has to be one of the coolest lures I've seen. It acts as a surprisingly good cleaner as well once you get rid of a given check or two like a bulky water or any offensive check it has. you have access to solid coverage moves in EQ and aqua tail even though they are kinda weak but w/e. YABO actually did win some games with aero being a huge factor in doing so. This thing is a monster I swear.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-246415084 (Bulky water gets taken out and aero does the rest)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-246418310 (Lured that driller nice and ez and then made lucario more easily revenged)

yeah im chris...u_u but ill probably try and add a few more replays because thats all I got from the like 5 battles he did. I just wanted to get this up because I thought it was really cool.

Hope you guys like it!

Last edited:

Wanka

UUPL Champion
I'd have to go through the speed tiers because I honestly don't know off the top of my head, but you could probably still run adamant and be fine I don't think there is anything that could outpace you except maybe a jolly +2 cloyster.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'd have to go through the speed tiers because I honestly don't know off the top of my head, but you could probably still run adamant and be fine I don't think there is anything that could outpace you except maybe a jolly +2 cloyster.
Not even that. Cloyster hits 262 at Jolly, meaning it caps at 524. +1 Adamant Aero hits 538. I'd probably go Adamant for the power boost. (Adamant will also still outspeed max Speed +2 Slurpuff, which is slightly faster than Cloyster.)

Wanka

UUPL Champion
Yeah then ill just edit it and make adamant the first slash thanks for the suggestion

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

This former S-rank threat has fallen since early XY, but it's still very underrated and good, especially in a Pidgeot-less meta. It's good Speed tier puts it above threats like Cobalion, Salamence, and Heliolisk and good STAB combo + access to Nasty Plot let it tear holes in defensive cores lacking Blissey. While its typing is mediocre defensively, it does provide a nice way to check some stuff, including Chandelure, Doublade, and Azelf. Protect is probably the most unique aspect of this set, but I believe it's Houndoom's best fourth slot in the current metagame. Protect lets you safely evolve against the aforementioned threats without taking a hit. It also lets you scout Scarfers (especially Hydreigon, the most ubiquitous Houndoom check), which are commonly used on offense to revenge kill Houndoom if your opponent lacks Beedrill or Aerodactyl, so yeah Protect is much better than the extremely situational Flame Charge. I ended up getting council reqs with a Houndoom + Slurpuff combo, since Slurpuff deters most Scarfers from clicking their STABs, putting Houndoom in a very favorable position. Houndoom also destroys Slurpuff checks like Doublade, Forry, and Bronzong. Doublade is another cool Houndoom partner since it deals with Aero, Beedrill, and Snorlax/P2.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

krookodiles switch ins include the likes of whimsicott chesnaught fat mence gligar defensive pert and tangrowth, and they all share incommon the absolute hatred of toxic. This set gives up pursuit to lure in these checks and counters and render them as a negligable threat the rest of the game.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-250524239

only one replay for now courtesy of my ladder slave goo friend Thisbemyalt n_n krookodile gets a toxic off on the opposing fat mence rendering it as basically fodder meaning both coba and escavilier become massive threats (ignore all the shit talking between me and tbma its all friendly)

ill be sure to get more replays soon

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

CB Guts Heracross can pressure as well, because the mon who can resist to Close Combat or Megahorn are really limited, so he forces a lot of switch. Pursuit is pretty good, he can trap Reuniclus who cannot stay against hera, it's really funny to see Reuniclus take ~60% on a switch out. Yes, we are lock to pursuit so. But the switch in to heracross are pretty easy to kill (I think to Salamence and florges) so, if pursuit heracross is well surrounded, it's a monster. I play him with Mamoswine and Future Sight Reuniclus, Mamoswine can pressure Salamence, and Reuniclus can pressure all of the switch in of Heracross and can easily help heracross on his sweep.

Calc on reuniclus :

252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 244-288 (57.5 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It's a calc on a switch. If he take that, he cannot really pressure you after, it's pretty nice.

I post some replays tomorrow, i'm not on my personal computer.

an example of Pursuit epic fail : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-251168891

Last edited:

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Whimsicott lure Chesnaught. Pretty straight forward, Ches baits Whims in, since it resists both STABs and is immune to leech, and you blow it away with a 4x Super Effective Pjab on the switch or after tanking a MB. OHKOs offensive variants and cleanly 2HKOs Defensive variants. It's a really great partner for things like Feraligatr, Sharpedo, and DD Dragons that really appreciate the removal of Whimsicott. The EV spread is customizable to your liking, I just chose max Spdef to take special attacks like Moonblast and Scald better. Moves are pretty much up to you too with whatever fits your team best: Seed Bomb/Spiky Shield etc. Enjoy :toast:

Edit: here's some calcs to look more official

0 Atk Chesnaught Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Whimsicott: 280-332 (107.2 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Chesnaught Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 132 Def Whimsicott: 244-288 (75.5 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Chesnaught Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Whimsicott: 200-236 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Totally stole this from watching SirVictini in tours rocking the HO. Was surprisingly really effective as people never see grass knot and endeavor. Its great coverage that does not mean you have to go for endeavor after rocks to KO. Overheat plus blaze is incredible powerful. With infernape's great speed, 1hp means a hole in your opponents team!

Replays against well known players:
Total destruction vs pokeaim
Well played match vs GULLY
★r0ady: wtf ★r0ady: knot and endeavor

Donphan @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

A really funny set i have try in bw2 ou but, he work in the current UU too, it's similar to the Infernape of DaSpoofy but, with the Custap Berry, you have an endeavor with priority. It's pretty cool to see your adv "sac" a mon on Donphan. It really need to be on a special weakness to be weakned and go on the range of the Custap. And, if your adv try to set up (like a heracross/reuniclus/snorlax or whatever), you can rk with Ice Shard. And, with the Custap, Donphan can spin before die if needed too.

Last edited:
Not even that. Cloyster hits 262 at Jolly, meaning it caps at 524. +1 Adamant Aero hits 538. I'd probably go Adamant for the power boost. (Adamant will also still outspeed max Speed +2 Slurpuff, which is slightly faster than Cloyster.)
just wanted to say that jolly scarf outspeeds stuff like adamant +2 regular sharpedo, and outspeeds tailwind jolly hera by 1 point Q_Q (which is crazy to me...) but ya adamant seems better overall

Hi Bob here, I'd like to share with you an interesting and effective set I've been very fond of lately.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot/Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Personally I've always ran this set without sucker punch as I felt the coverage and power given by gunk shot is far more useful than priority as the primary function of this set is as an extremely potent stallbreaker.

The main purpose of running earthquake is to lure and kill doublade. Most people expect croak to only have sucker punch to touch doublade so they'd switch it in and SD trying to stall out sucker punches, this is when I'd SD to +4 and ohko it. This set also lures in poison types like nido/dragalge coming in to revenge kill as well as allowing it to beat chandelures that are lacking a scarf.

This set pairs up really nicely with pursuit mega aero against offense as aero can get rid of annoying things such as crobat and scarf chandy for croak and in turn croak can get rid of doublade+other steels/waters for aero (sorry don't have any good replays with my croak+aero core team). Also works very well with slurpuff as doublade is the dankest counter to it.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-247327880
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-249812077
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-248910423
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-251763439

Last edited:

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Alright, finally updated this. I have been really busy with finals, but now found time to do it.

I have also updated the definitions of underrated/creative sets after a conversation with Hikari so that it is clearer now and you guys have it easier to identify if your set should go here or nah.

What is a new and creative, good moveset?
  • It doesn't have an analysis on site and no one uses it.
    • It successfully pulls off a role, and is not strictly outclassed by others.
    • It takes advantage of metagame trends.
    • It might be able to surprise and demolish Pokemon that normally counter the usual sets, but does not become a gimmick in order to do so.
    • It has had some success. Post replays / logs to strengthen your case.

What is an underrated, good moveset?

• It is a set that does have an analysis on the SmogDex but it is extremely uncommon in the ladder or tournaments.
  • It is a set that doesn't have an analysis, but is fairly common (underrated enough to not have a mention on the analysis).
  • Its use is meant to prey on specific facets of the metagame.
Thanks for posting!

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
Enter Stage left: Offensive Leech Seed Abomasnow. Special Abomasnow is a huge nuke but easily gets walled by the bog standard special walls like florges, Blissey, Umbreon,Snorlax and Porygon2. So what better way to remedy this problem, than too use these pesky walls as a method of parasitic survival. Once you have revealed your special set, special walls become an easy predict and you can leech seed on the switch. Leech Seed+Hail turns special walls into a liability and they forced into a wish protect cycle while the user can heal his health. Furthermore, anything other than dedicated special walls that want to switch into a blizzard, don't have reliable recovery and take a 40 chunk from a blizzard(looking at you Doublade). Porygon2 and Bold Florges flat out lose to seed+hail+potenitally tspikes(hint: Tentacruel makes a good teammate). Blissey and Snorlax gets their hp stat turned into a liability and umbreon is treading water. Hail+Leech Seed also does a number vs stall as it wears down the opposition. Mega Aboma also becomes an effective mamo and gatr switchin because giga drain can recover some of the damage it takes, although this feature is common to all special Abomasnows. Oh, it also beats cune so this set is automatically viable xD.

252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 114-135 (35.7 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after hail damage
252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 109-129 (29.1 - 34.4%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after hail damage (And now consider the Seeds+Hail output)
252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Florges: 135-160 (37.5 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 120-142 (30.4 - 36%) -- 48.8% chance to 3HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery

The three are forced into wishtect cycles which gives ample time to seed

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-253078694
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-252451758

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Rhyperior @ Lum Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Rock Polish
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
This is Dual Dance Rhyperior, like Dual Dance Rhydon in NU. With Swords Dance, Rhyperior can boost it's attack to crazy levels. And with Rock Polish, he can boost his speed to nice levels, outspeeding a good portion of the meta. EdgeQuake hits everything hard, especially after a SD. This set has the ability to clean up late game after it's checks and counters are removed. You set up SD versus more bulky teams, and Rock Polish versus offensive teams. Overall, this set is pretty good and should be recognized.

Rhyperior @ Lum Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Rock Polish
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
This is Dual Dance Rhyperior, like Dual Dance Rhydon in NU. With Swords Dance, Rhyperior can boost it's attack to crazy levels. And with Rock Polish, he can boost his speed to nice levels, outspeeding a good portion of the meta. EdgeQuake hits everything hard, especially after a SD. This set has the ability to clean up late game after it's checks and counters are removed. You set up SD versus more bulky teams, and Rock Polish versus offensive teams. Overall, this set is pretty good and should be recognized.
you need replays man

View attachment 44482
Tornadus (M)
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up

bulky rest talk torn set given to me by NV thats been fun af to use.

with the best offensive stab in the game mono attacking bulk up torn can really put in work versus unprepared teams. having access to priority bulk up lets this guy take some clutch hits then fire off the priority rest and be at full to do it all again. Channeling your inner linda with sleep talk acrobatics can be a godsend at times.

the ev spread allows it to out speed entei have nice bulk while still being able to hit hard unboosted. This guy Just pretty much wins versus stall from the games ive played once phaser went down so thats a bonus, and versus offense like i said the ability to fire off priority acrobatics off a base 115 attack stat can be clutch af
Hello all, over the past few days I've played quite a lot of games using a team with this Tornadus set (with a superior secret bob spread). Let me tell you this, this thing is the absolute embodiment of hopes, dreams and dank memes.

It straight up 6-0's like half of the teams I come across and it pulls off miracles just when you think that all hope is lost. If you manage to get like 1 or 2 bulk ups it's pretty much unstoppable unless you get critted or if there's a healthy opposing electric type.

Here's a whole bunch of replays showing just how potent this set is since r0ady is a shit and didnt post any:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-253545012 - Torn 1v1's mega aero and turns the game around
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-253677509 - Made a comeback with Torn as it took on scarf mence and set up in its face, would have cleaned up if it didn't catch a crit
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-253679701 - Pretty much cleaned up once Empoleon is dead
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-253686325 - Was down 3 mons against 6, pulled a miracle and swept all 6 mons
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-253737272 - What looks to be a hopeless 1v5...
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-254007427 - Clean sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-254057762 - Only threat was encore from whims, knew I had the game once i found out it didn't have encore
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-254315186 - Torn doing some major work mid game to pave the way for its own sweep late game
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-254337658 - Pulling back another seemingly hopeless game

ALL HAIL LORD TORNADUS FOR HE SHALL HEAR YOUR YEARNINGS AND GRANT YOUR WISH

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
So apparently Psych Up Hydreigon wasn't good enough to be kept on this thread (smh haters gonna hate). I am here again (with replays this time!) to share with you all the pure sex set that is known as Psych Up HydreiGOAT

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Psych Up
- Roost

EVs allow you to outspeed Jolly Tyrantrums and KO with DPulse. The rest is poured into special bulk so you can handle Reuniclus' focus blasts. You can roost stall out focus blasts since Lefties + Roost recovery is more than a max roll focus blast from Lefties Reuniclus. Anyway, as you may have guessed, Psych Up Hydra is the ultimate Reuniclus lure for stall, which struggles mightily against the green blob. I like to let it get to +6 on my Forry, then Volt Switch out on the last CM into Hydra. Proceed to copy its stat boosts and sweep the opponent's team (of course, you can't sweep if they have a Shao in the back or something). You may ask, why use this one trick pony just to beat Reuniclus when I can use something like Curse Quagsire? Well, to that I say Hydreigon is NOT a one trick pony. Choice Chandy + Rotoms are a pain for stall since they can cripple one mon with trick, and Hydra can sponge all their STABs and doesn't mind getting a Choice Specs tricked onto it. Another huge threat to stall is SubCM Chandelure, which again, is destroyed by this set. Krookodile? Ez switch. Feraligatr can't OHKO it unless SD ICe Punch which is uncommon, so Hydreigon can revenge it. It also walls Curselax since it copies the defense boosts (although this shouldn't be your curselax check lol). CroCune also is walled by Psych Up Hydra and can kill it with a crit, and it has like a 75% chance to get a crit assuming all your attacks have max pp. Other things you check are Entei, Swampert, CM Slowking, Stallbreaker Jellicent, and more!

Oh and don't use this outside of Stall. Please.

4 SpA Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 124+ SpD Hydreigon: 182-216 (47 - 55.8%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO

REPLAYS

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-255688773

Turn 14 Hydreigon copies Reuniclus' boosts and punches huge holes in his team. Ampharos dies, and he is forced to bring out Haxorus and click Outrage. This is huge since Forry can Gyro Ball it and get off massive damage, allowing Blissey to kill it Turn 85. I did misplay by sending Forry in on +2 Reuniclus, but I got lucky and it missed FB.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-255365349

Hydreigon walls Sub Willo Chandlure.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-255695545

Turn 53 Hydra gets to +6 on Reuniclus. Florges can't break +6 hydra and nothing can revenge it, giving me the win. He had Shadow Ball so I could stay in on Reuniclus the entire time, not fearing Focus Blast.

Final thing to say is its best to switch in Hydreigon ASAP on reuniclus and not let it get to +6 unless you can sweep the remainder of the opponent's team since you shouldn't risk it attacking whatever mon you have in. I don't do this in the first replay cause yolo, but its effectiveness is still shown in the later turns by keeping Reuniclus at bay despite missing all its HP EVs.

Last edited:
1094.gif

Vaporeon@Wacan Berry
Ability:Water Absorb
Bold Nature
EVs:252SpA 252HP 4Def
-Scald
-Surf
-Acid Armor/Protect
-Ice Beam

346.gif

Cradily@Sitrus Berry
Ability:Storm Drain
Modest Nature
EVs:252SpA 252SpA 4Def
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Ancient Power
-Recover

The Surf/Storm Drain combo, has proven successful in many Battle Spot Doubles battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)