Media Attack on Titan (final season coming!)

I've caught up to episode 8, and I honestly feel like this show will go downhill from here. The "major event" during episodes 7 and 8 was pretty obvious and I'm not sure how they'll capitalize on it. I almost feel like it's the climax of the show and don't know how I feel about it. I realize they'll need to explain it more and whatnot but I'm not sure how well it will be done. I have 0 knowledge of the manga, so I don't know if this is just the start of some massive plot twist but I'm staying cautiously optimistic about future eps. I don't want it to become another SAO.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok i have no doubt the anime adaptation for this is way better than the manga but...

doesnt anyone else feel like its very, very, very poorly animated when it's not an action scene? it just feels weird as all hell.

weird enough to make a post here.

edit: also fuck Mikasa. useful in a unique way to the story but absolutely boring character.
The only episode I found boring was #3, which was actually a filler episode.

I agree that Mikasa as a heroin leaves something to be desired, but her flashback story when she encountered Eren was touching. It reminded me that she was not always super saiyan. The anime did an excellent job bringing out the weaker characters, letting them express the fear and powerlessness that they experienced in the face of these titans. Yet, by drowning their fear through team play and leadership they are able to smite some titans.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
the flashback was very good but i dont see why Mikasa has to be the blandest character ever. she feels very incomplete/lacking. it's like "oh yeah she's the perfect war machine, no feelings. yeah."

like well ok then, whatever Mikasa. go kill every titan.

edit: i think i hate Mikasa

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Really? I haven't found any episode truly deserving of the title "boring" yet. It's not like they are spending 5 episodes powering up or anything...

The anime is slowly bringing along Mikasa's development. I think if you understand where Mikasa started (her family killed in front of her eyes, the flashback with eren where she must murder as a young girl) you can understand he somewhat "hollow" behavior. She's been showing more emotions as each episode passes. Her struggle with what to do now that "her last family was dead" and then she finally started crying in episode 8, so I say she is trending in the correct direction. Overall I would have to disagree and say Mikasa is a really well done character so far. She provides badass moments and we are beginning to see more of whats going on inside her head now that the focus was off Eren for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sj4yJ4MPYA for all you bronies out there... .-.

tape

since i havent read the manga i guess i cant read what youve just said, so ill just wait.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I thought the rule was if you don't specify it as manga spoilers... its free game

tape

oh i thought non-specified spoilers were like word up to the manga and word of god.

i read your post now but im not crossing my fingers. so yeah ill just have to wait to see how she unravels.

Crux

Banned deucer.
I'm actually enjoying Mikasa as a character. This is the first manga of its genre that hasn't made the heroine completely useless and I enjoy the relationship dynamic between Mikasa and Eren quite a lot. I think that she is a really complex character that is only starting to be developed in the anime, and even to that extent I really buy into her character based on that flashback.

tape

this is the best gif ever

edit: i want it everywhere ill leave the obligatory "hurrdurr they said Erin" post for someone else

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
episode 9 was messed up - Erin & co are pretty much exiled now -_-;; I am guessing they will team up with elite recon and reclaim the third wall. It would be kind of dumb if more people got their hands on the transformation serum, and the anime end up being about a team of human titans...

tape

clearly only Eren can make use of it through his determination to kill them all

blitzlefan

shake it off!
I think the anime is incredible, and the level of detail as well as the animation in general is pretty amazing. I personally prefer the anime to the manga as the manga's art style is just a little bit off-putting (it's a little hard to follow, and somewhat sloppy-looking at times). The censorship of the manga is a little annoying too; the first anime episode scarfed the crap out of me though.

Manga stuff
Is everybody a titan? It seems as if more an more people are turning out to be titans. YIKES!

well just gonna say its crazy how popular this has gotten with so few episodes. I really enjoy it but in my opinion the fight scenes are a bit lacking. As epic as they are, theyre so often completely one-sided. It's usually titans eating people with little resistance or Mikasa kicking tons of ass (which is always cool). But i love every other aspect and im hopeful that itll only get better from here

stayed up till two in the morning the other night and read all 45 chapters of the manga. i'm on the fifth episode of the anime.

all i can really say is...

you know that restaurant that everyone raves about, saying it's the greatest food out there, but then you try it yourself and realize it's actually pretty mediocre?

that's attack on titan with me. don't get me wrong, it's good if you like the concept, but i'm just not invested in any of it. the characters are boring imo (plus eren is so annoying to me ughh), the style puts me off, and, well, it's not really that profound to me as much as crudely unpleasant. it reads itself like it's a totally original concept when i can watch a war documentary and get the same effect.

but that's just my opinion. i expect to get chewed out like i have no taste but honestly i am just not a fan.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
stayed up till two in the morning the other night and read all 45 chapters of the manga. i'm on the fifth episode of the anime.

all i can really say is...

you know that restaurant that everyone raves about, saying it's the greatest food out there, but then you try it yourself and realize it's actually pretty mediocre?

that's attack on titan with me. don't get me wrong, it's good if you like the concept, but i'm just not invested in any of it. the characters are boring imo (plus eren is so annoying to me ughh), the style puts me off, and, well, it's not really that profound to me as much as crudely unpleasant. it reads itself like it's a totally original concept when i can watch a war documentary and get the same effect.

but that's just my opinion. i expect to get chewed out like i have no taste but honestly i am just not a fan.
To be honest, the manga for me does give that impression. I read the manga in two days, and I found it rather underwhelming. The art style seems sort of crude as well, and the pacing of the manga just seems off. Lastly though, just cramming all the chapters down in a couple hours really takes the fun out of any manga. However, on the flip side, the anime might change your impression. Just take it slow :P

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
HEY. HEY YOU. Chapter 46 fresh from /a/.

So basically, we don't learn much other than Monkey Trouble is for certain not allied with Ymir's faction or Bert and Reiner's faction, and is the source of the titans within the walls.

We also learn that Reiner thinks Christa/Historia is madly in love with him, and that both he and Ymir can trust each other on the fact that they want Christa as their waifu and she needs to be protected.

P.S. Seriously Reiner is off the charts crazy, holy shit I'm still laughing.

episode 9 was messed up - Erin & co are pretty much exiled now -_-;; I am guessing they will team up with elite recon and reclaim the third wall. It would be kind of dumb if more people got their hands on the transformation serum, and the anime end up being about a team of human titans...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)