Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer

1.Almost 40% (10/25) of the pokemon in Ubers are Dragon-typed, is there any way to build a successful team in Ubers without using more than 1 Dragon?
2.Why isn't ubers a popular tier?
3. Can a team built around Wobbuffet work?

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1.Almost 40% (10/25) of the pokemon in Ubers are Dragon-typed, is there any way to build a successful team in Ubers without using more than 1 Dragon?
2.Why isn't ubers a popular tier?
3. Can a team built around Wobbuffet work?
Dragons are a huge part of the uber tier, you may be at a disadvantage if you decide to only use one, but it is definately doable.

Ubers isn't that popular for several reasons:

1: Some people just prefer standard and never try ubers.
2. Some people are frightened by 150 Base SpA with Draco Meteor
3. Some people say it takes no skill, just spam Dragon attacks, although that is far from the truth.

And yes, some very successful teams have been built around Wobbuffet.

I'm going to give a CB Tyranitar a try as a lead, does anyone have any suggestions for an EV spread? I know I want him pretty bulky but I'm having a bit of trouble creating a spread that satisfies me.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well I think you would be fine with a spread of 216 Hp/ 46 Atk /252 Spd with a Careful nature. Tyranitar needs as much bulk as possible to stand up to powerful ubers special attacks.

firecape

This is the end...
I'm pretty sure Tickle Wobbuffet was given out as a promotional event, so I'm afraid you can't get one without trading. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey I was wondering what does a current uber stall team consist off?
I was just curious since I was testing stall in Ubers (I know stall is a lot harder in ubers) and was wondering if I was on the right track since I looked at some RMT archives and I see Giratina on some teams, Lugia and Taunt/Will-o-wisp/Sub/Recover Mewtwo on others and I am kind of confused lol. Is there a thread or article on Ubers stall or something?

firecape

This is the end...
You could try this article to learn about the walls, but I don't think thats what you mean. The "cookie cutter" ubers stall team is usually Groudon/Blissey/Forretress/Giratina/Latias/Filler( Sometimes something like Choice Scarf Palkia to revenge dangerous threats, and sometimes an additional wall). Taunt Will-o-Wisp Mewtwo and Lugia are both extremely effective as well, and as long as you make sure your team can handle as many threats as possible, you should be fine.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Stall teams come in a few different forms, Classic Stall, modern Stall and Quick Stall.

Classic Stall usually follows the core of Groudon/Forretress/Blissey/Latias/Giratina/Filler. Darkrai is probably its biggest enemy, and Baton Pass Mew also gives it problems. Wallbreakers like MixQuaza can do a good number to them.

Modern Stall pretty much uses Giratina-O instead of Giratina. Best described by Jibaku's team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57681

Quick Stall is relatively new, and uses stuff like Stall Mewtwo and stuff like that. A great example would be bojangles and Fireburn's team: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue5/featured_rmt_uber

If mewtwo has the highest sp atk stat in the game, but kyogre can use the most devastating move in the game, what would this mean if you used a team of mewtwo against a team of kyogre?
(in the situation where the kyogre only use water spout, and the mewtwo only use psychic, all equiped with choice specs)

first of all Deoxys atack form got the highest special atack(as far i know) with a base 180. second kyogre water spout in rain is THE strongest atack in the entire game as long he is at full hp, if you were to put mewtwo and kyogre on oposing teams though the mewtwo team would be the winner given both are using specs, as specs thunder from mewtwo ohko specs kyogre and he clearly outspeed. even if he does survive(dont ask me how) water spout will be let with pathetic base power because kyogre hp will be reduced by lots of points. IF mewtwo can only use psychic then he still win since specs psychic 2hko while not ohkoed by the now weakened water spout.

firecape

This is the end...
first of all Deoxys atack form got the highest special atack(as far i know) with a base 180. second kyogre water spout in rain is THE strongest atack in the entire game as long he is at full hp, if you were to put mewtwo and kyogre on oposing teams though the mewtwo team would be the winner given both are using specs, as specs thunder from mewtwo ohko specs kyogre and he clearly outspeed. even if he does survive(dont ask me how) water spout will be let with pathetic base power because kyogre hp will be reduced by lots of points. IF mewtwo can only use psychic then he still win since specs psychic 2hko while not ohkoed by the now weakened water spout.
Actually, Choice Specs Thunder does 83.4% - 98.5% to 230/0 Kyogre. In addition, the most powerful attack in the game is Lickylicky using Explosion. Kyogre's Choice Specs Surf will always OHKO Mewtwo, so I would say Kyogre would win that fight.

after SR its pretty much a ohko most of the time. he said they can only use water spout and psychic. true that if they can use other moves kyogre would win but if they can only use water spout and psychic(like he said) then mewtwo would win.

I don't play Ubers very much, but I was wondering if there was a viable set that allowed Dialga to use Metal Burst? Seems plausable because of Dialgas bulk.

firecape

This is the end...
I couldn't see why it wouldn't be viable, but as of right now there is no set on site. The user calze6 reserved the set write-up, so maybe you can get in contact with him?

Hello, Im new to uber battling, or competitive battling for the most part, and Im trying to think of a good team to build for ubers. I want to include Lugia, Kyogre, Lucario, and Forretress. After that I dont really know what I want or should be putting on to my team. I would plan on using lugia as a wall, and kyogre and lucario as sweepers. Any suggestions as to what I should add?

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you are using Forretress to set up Spikes then you possiable need a spin blocker such as a Giratina O. I would also recomend something like a Rayquaza (to draw in Scizor's Bulet Punch or Dragon Attacks that Lucario can set up on) or Wobuffet (Encore) to let Lucario set up easier.

Set for Giratina O is

Giratina O @ Griseous Orb
Naive
248 Atk / 64 SpA / 196 Spe
-Hidden Power Fire
-Outrage
-Shadow Sneak
-Dragon Meteor

Have a Nice Day!

thanks a lot, one other thing. What would you recommend I lead with? I was thinking forretress, but anything with taunt would easily counter it so im debating on whether or not to lead with it. I chose to add giratina O and wobuffet. Thanks for the help

Most Taunt Leads are prette frail anyways,and are wide open with the typical Psycho Weakness,so a Forretress with Payback should work finde.
The real risk is something like Trick Darkrai or Darkrai in generell

What's this "Arceus' EV limit" thing I've been hearing about? Why can it only have up to 100 EVs in one stat?

What's this "Arceus' EV limit" thing I've been hearing about? Why can it only have up to 100 EVs in one stat?
The only LEGAL Arceus release for the carts is a level 100 one. Because you don't get XP at level 100 you don't get EVs either so you're limited to the 100 from the meds and using the box trick so they are applied.
If Arceus is ever released at level not 100(The Azure Flute one is level 80) the restriction would be removed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)