Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is a modest kyogre with 252 sp atk and 252 speed worth it or does it not do any better with the ev spread of 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Max Speed with Modest doesn't really outrun anything of note and the extra bulk afforded by the HP is more helpful in most cases.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
epicturtle, Another spread could be 220 Hp/ 252 Spa/ 36 Spe, this allows you to outspeed most Groudon and Ho-Oh while still keeping a lot of bulk. For instance, you will never be OHKOd by a non boosted Thunder, and even Specs Thunder off 150 Base SpA can't OHKO you without SR, and even then its not guarenteed.

Is there a point in running a hasty/naive deoxys-A anymore? With things like timid scarf kyogre and jolly dragon dance rayquaza, would it be better to just go for rash/mild instead?

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there a point in running a hasty/naive deoxys-A anymore? With things like timid scarf kyogre and jolly dragon dance rayquaza, would it be better to just go for rash/mild instead?
Speed-tying with other Deoxys-A can be quite important.

Deoxys-A is hardly even used anymore, because of his fragility. The mirror match would be rather rare, so I'd go for the extra power. Scarf Ogre runs 459 and +1 ray is 475, so running that +speed nature is pointless. The only thing you will beat between neutral and +speed is scarf heatran, which is way too rare to forgo the extra power.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For Palkia and Dialga you can find the analysis here.

All the of the base 90 Speed Pokemon (Kyogre, Ho-Oh, Gratina-O, Groudon, Dialga) can effectively abuse Trick Room, and with an Iron Ball faster Pokemon can too. Some non-ubers like Bronzong and Cresselia can effectively abuse it/ set it up.

The second part, weather ubers is easy to get into or not, is an opinion. I would say not initially, but once you get a feel for the sets Pokemon commonly runs and what checks what, you can get into it fine.

firecape

This is the end...
Look at the link I posted, it gives you a set for TR Palkia and Dialga if you click on the respective analysis.

I'm wondering where I can find a reliable and quick place to get good Ubers on Smogon. They can be redis, freebies, I don't care, really. I just want to know who has a good selection. Maybe there's someone you know?

I figure I may as well ask here since this IS the Ubers subforum, right?

why cant they just put salamence back on OU tier? i mean, garchomp is in uber tier, and i wiped it out with ease!
It makes no deal weither Mence is moved up to Uber or not. It got moved up to Uber because it was too strong for OU, not that it would work better in Uber. We've been able to use it in Uber the entire time since R/S/E days, since almost nothing is banned from Uber.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Is there any offical movest for Ubers support Jirachi? As i've seen people use them, I just don't know if the movest if diffrent for ubers than OU, as it probubly is.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there any offical movest for Ubers support Jirachi? As i've seen people use them, I just don't know if the movest if diffrent for ubers than OU, as it probubly is.
Flashstorm1 has a C&C Jirachi analysis that's been around for ages here. It may be a bit out of date, though, but I'm sure you'd be able to play around with EV spreads and stuff to suit your needs. Calze6 also has a Sub-Wave Jirachi (Can't remember the exact EV spread, you can ask him if you like).

What happens if you use Knock Off on a Giratina-O? Does it go back to a normal Giratina, or does Knock Off's effect not work on it?

firecape

This is the end...
Knock off will simply be a 40 Base Power Dark Attack, and fail to get rid of its item (or 60 with Technician).

To expand on what Firecape said, Arceus, when holding an elemental plate, and Giratina-O have a hidden effect of Sticky Hold effect. Knock Off, Trick, Covet, and Thief will fail to work on them.

firecape

This is the end...
The Griseous Orb will unequip itself from Giratina, so it is unusable in Wi-fi, thats why you cant use Giratina-O there.

Thnks ... I have other doubt: I want to build a team around mew (sweeper) , is it a good idea? and what are the correct teammates?

firecape

This is the end...
Mew is inferior in (almost) every way to Mewtwo in the terms of sweeping, so you would probably be better off using Mewtwo as a sweeper.

Ill just list some Pokemon that can perform well on really any team:

Latias @ Soul Dew
Nature: Timid
Evs: 112 HP/ 204 SpA/ 196 Spe
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunder
-Calm Mind
-Recover

Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 200 HP/ 56 ATk/ 252 SpD
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Evs: 230 HP/ 252 SpA/ 36 Spe
-Surf
-Water Spout
-Ice Beam
-Thunder

I could go on, but I'm not going to list every Pokemon.. You also check out this for tips about ubers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)