Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 76 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees!

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: Snorlax 94
Pokemon Showdown Username: Lax_94
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2; 4PM - 10PM (later is definitely a possibilty though)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19 years old guy that still goes to school and enjoys playing videogames in his free time.
I started playing competetively about three years ago and found Smogon shortly afterwards. I however never really got into the community and as a result failed to advance in battling and team buiding. When BW came out i kinda got stuck with DPP and were helpless to actually get into the metagame additionally to my battling problems. It is only a month that i restarted frequenting this site and Competetive Pokemon in general again and I'm now hoping to this time get the right start by trying to get tutored.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Why I think I should be tutored: I consider myself to be a fast learner. I really enjoyed my time back in DPP and I am sure that going prepared into Pokemon this time would enable me to really become an active part of this community.

Fusxfaranto

gonna smoke five blunts and watch anime
Username: Fusxfaranto
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Fusxfaranto
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, most of the afternoon the whole week
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I joined Smogon a few years ago, then took a long break from Pokemon, but I've been back and active since about December. I've been playing a lot of NU since, and I'd really like to try out RU, since it seems like a fun tier. I'm also almost always on IRC in quite a few channels, so I'm pretty easy to reach :)

Molk has agreed to tutor me

Username:TeraVoltage
Pokemon Showdown Username: Voltage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT -6) 4pm-10pm, on weekends 2pm - 12pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW2 LC, BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself:Junior in high school who has been playing pokemon with smogon for almost a year now. I've gotten decent but my skills are still lacking, so a tutor could help me with that. Mainly play OU and UU and ubers some. And I really wanted to play in 4th gen but never had the chance, so I would like to learn how to play it now as i never have.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup!

Idk If this counts but, My Tutor last time Completely ignored me. So I was pretty much skipped.

Last edited:
Username: dbza_ssgoku
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: dbza_ssgoku for both PS and PO
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 / GMT -5 (EST) 5:00 - 6:00 PM and 7:00 - 7:55 PM, and on occasions anywhere from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU/ BW2 VGC 2013
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Pokemon fanatic and I love the game. I have been working on competitive battling for the past 6 months. However, I have had a hard time with it. However, I am a very good listener, usually have a flexible schedule, and LOVE the games! It is something I love doing!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely! I will also do anything else in interest of the program.
Why I should be tutored if I have less than 25 posts: Like I said above, I am a good listener. I also learn things extremely quickly, and absorb knowledge like a sponge. I also LOVE the Pokemon games. I have currently been keeping track on Pokemon X and Y news, and I cannot wait to learn how to become a better battler! Pokemon is something I simply love to play.

Username: Aguadiablo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Aguadiablo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - I work on a shift rotation, so I'm available for two weeks mornings then two nights.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing the Pokemon videogames since Pokemon Yellow, so I've a lot of experience with the games themselves. I've had ago at attempting to build teams based on the information in the Strategy Pokedex, but I haven't had a lot of luck with coming up anything really good. I've also played a few battles on Pokemon Showdown, and I have links of replays to show my battling style if it's of any use. I'm eager to learn, and easy to teach.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Hulavuta
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Hulavuta
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Usually I am available all day but school is starting soon so 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM are the best hours to reach me. Available from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturdays and 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM on Sundays.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I'm Hulavuta, I am a 17 years old Asian-American and I am about to go into my last year of high school. I've been experimenting with most of the metagames and I feel like UU is my favorite so I want to get good at it and make it my main metagame. I really want to get good at teambuilding and metagame knowledge in general. A lot of people will say in their applications that they really want to post in the metagame forums but they don't have the experience to contribute to a discussion, and that's absolutely true for me as well. It is my goal for this round to get good and be able to become a frequent poster in the UU subforum.
I sincerely believe that I have the proper attitude, listening skills, and respect when it comes to being a student, so if you pick me you won't be disappointed :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I don't think I have a choice xD but of course I would be more than happy to. :D

Not sure if I should put this, but I was chosen for round 74. However, due to Smogon being down that month, my tutor and I weren't able to meet much, we only were able to have one session.

Ace Emerald has agreed to tutor me

Last edited:
Username: lokt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: lokt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-7, 4-10pm on weekdays, 1-9pm on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: bw ru
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to get into the ru tier. I laddered for reqs in the recent suspect test and used august's stall team. I really enjoyed playing ru due to the increased viability of stall compared to ou.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes

Username: noobcaek
Pokemon Showdown Username: butteredtoast12 / n00bcaek
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT. Normally 14-4 GMT.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW(2) OU, UU?
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to browse Smogon frequently in DPPt times but started competitive battling in summer last year. I took a break and started again this year, not too long ago. I'd love to get back into competitive battling. I tend to use Pokemon from a range of tiers in my battles; I find it tends to catch people off guard.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Why I think I should be tutored (less than 25 posts): I'm quite a fast learner and I'm willing to learn a lot. I would love to become a part of this community and make new friends as well.

Last edited:
Username:hydreigon1998
Pokemon Showdown Username: Infinity98
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: mountain time and 12:00pm-3:00pm and 8:00pm-11:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or smogon doubles
Tell us about yourself: I am a 15 year old Pokemon player living in Canada as of now and have been playing competitive Pokemon for a year and a half. I am looking to get more integrated into the community and learn to be a better battler and general smogon member. I have an extensive knowledge of Pokemon but require help with putting that knowledge to use. A large portion of my life is dedicated to Pokemon and filling in the other spots is hockey, swimming, school and art. I feel that this month was an excellent month to become a tutee
I am also a good student and would be beyond happy if I was to be picked
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes!!!
Why I think I should be tutored: I know its not a necessity but I'm doing it anyways. I am a very fast learner and, beleive that I would be an tutee that is ready to embrace my tutors learning and become a better battler

Last edited:
Username: Palika
Pokemon Showdown name: Palika
Your time zone and hours of availability: Eastern Standard, (GMT -4/-5) I'm usually available from 10 A.M. to 8 P.M. (I don't have much of a life :c)
What tier?: BW2 OU
Tell us about yourself: Well, I'm sure you've heard this before but I've played Pokemon all my life, picking up Gold when I was about 3 or 4 if I recall. I've played the games to hell, know most things about the random NPCs, after playing the same games 10 times each or so. I figured it's time for me to learn competitive battling, not just the easy mash-the-a-button style of the single player runs. As such, I'm taking up competitive battling, but the problem is I just know too little about competitive battling and metagames and all that jazz, so here I am. But, I do know a lot about Pokemon, so it won't be a lost cause in tutoring me. Other than that, there isn't too much you need to know (that's really relevant, anyway).
Will you do a tutee talk on the forum?: Sure, Wynaut?
Why do I think I should get tutored: Like I said, I know almost all there is to know about Pokemon, after countless Bulbapedia reading and replaying the same games 10 times over. But, I'm inexperienced when it comes to competitive. A tutor's effort would not be wasted trying to explain simple game mechanics, letting us delve right into the real meat of competitive battling. Not only this, but I wish to get involved with the competitive community, and not embarrass myself sucking at battles while doing so, so I believe I should be tutored.

Username: HispanicPanic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: HispanicPanic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-6 Any time after 4:30PM during the week and anytime during the weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 NU or UU
Tell us a little about yourself:I like pokemon and making puns, so competitive pokemon battling seemed like the perfect thing for me. I've been learning and playing on my own for a bit, but would love to learn under a tutor. I'm from New Orleans, so I have a bit of an accent if that's of any interest.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Absolutely

Last edited:
Username: Meteorr
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: I have quite a few alts, but my mains are Meteor2, Justace4All and ohnoitsgarbodor.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, and I can be quite flexible in the times I can get online, due to my holidays, and outside of holidays I am usually busy with school, but can get online anytime between 4PM to 10PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: Although Generation V is near its end, I'd really like to be able to improve on my teambuilding abilities, which I will more than likely be able to apply to Generation VI.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 13 year old kid living in the UK and have loved playing Pokémon for as long as I can remember. I started competitive battling around March 2012 and I find it a relaxing and fun way to kill time, and I'm very knowledgeable about the Generation V OU metagame and although I don't have any above average ladder peaks or tournament wins, I still consider myself to be quite a good battler, aside from my sub par teambuidling abilities. I also really love using under appreciated Pokémon that don't see too much usage, such as Yanmega, or Whimsicott.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I'm very active on Pokémon Online and Pokémon Showdown and I'm on IRC sometimes as well, and I really want to be able to improve my teambuilding skills so I can truly battle to the best of my ability, and become well known, and I believe I have the potential to win many tournaments and peak the ladder, while peaking the ladder may seem pointless, I feel it would be a nice achievement in my career as a competitive battler. I also have a passion for the RMT forum and hope to one day become a good team rater.

Last edited:
Username: CaptainTalon447
Time Zone: Pacific Standard GMT -8
Pokemon Online Username: CaptainTalon447
Tier: OU, BU, UU
Reason: When I was in high school we had a Pokemon tournament in our games club. I thought I had the strongest team and that stats didn't matter. I was out in the first round. The same story had happened both times. So I wanted to figure out why I was always losing. It was then that I had started hearing all of this lingo to the game like IVs, EVs, and even ways on how to manipulate stats on Pokemon. After a little bit of searching I tried putting these ideas into actions but had little success. I have a lot of trouble of forming a good team with right moves and good stats. I want to be able to put the concepts of good breeding, EVs, move sets, and predictions into good use and have some wins because of it.
Under 25 posts: Being a student takes a bit of time so I haven't spent a lot of time. Also, I feel it's very difficult for me to post anything on these meta games when I myself am not able to provide any good insight into the game itself. That is also why I am here at tutoring.

Last edited:
Username: Nomark
Pokemon Showdown Username: Nomark27
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 2:00PM - 10:00 PM, can be later if necessary. I can do any time on Sunday.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not good at writing (this took me an hour), but here it goes...
I have been battling competitively for almost half a year. I play for fun and use a riskier team and playstyle than I should, but want to be able to contribute, so I want to be taught how to play 'right' and become better at team building, prediction, and strategy in general.
More personally, I'm a soon-to-be junior in high school and a (weak) computer programmer. I have a lot of time to contribute to Smogon's forums, but that could decrease during homework season. I hope to meet some people here and become more integrated into the community.

Last edited:

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Username: Mikedawg
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mikedawg (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5... all day until friday. After around 4:00 on weekdays after that.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I'm Mike. I like pokemon I suppose. I built two successful teams but I'm fairly certain those were flukes as every other team I've built has sucked. I would like to be able to make good and accurate contributions to Smogon, and I believe the Tutor program will assist with that.

*Was skipped last round

"dice said he'll tutor me or w/e"

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Minime1164
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sexy TCR/ Urza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -7(pacific?) and changes
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 ou plox
Tell us a little about yourself: well, ive been meaning to sign up for a while. I like to think im pretty good but i can always get better, and would like to get number 1 sometime (in any tier tbh). Im currently number 5 on the lc ladder and am hoping that any battle skills i learn from this will transfer over to other tiers, not just bw2 ou.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: ofc!

Username: JayJay21
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokemon Online and Or Pokemon Showdown
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT/UTC + 08:00 hour. Im on from like usually 7pm till like 3 am LOL. So for UTC/GMT -4 hours that would be from 7am - 3pm but because a little bit of insomnia ill be online At 3am till 12-pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon since BW1. i have always love Martial arts and have taken a bit of Wing Chun, Judo, and Karate also after this summer ill be taking Muay Thai. I love and listen to Rock and Metal. Im currently learning guitar (again) and write poetry ever now and then. I am 18 years old, 6'1 and will treat people how they treat me. Although i have not posted 25 times, it is due to personal/family issues causing this problem however i will become more active in the near future.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes ofc :]

I HAVE GOTTEN TUTORS IN THE PASS BUT THEY ALL LEFT HALF WAY AND IN TOTAL GOT ONLY 5 SESSIONS.

Username: Brammi
PS Username: Brammi
Timezone + Availability: GMT+10, I'm available most afternoons into the late night.
Tiers to learn: ADV OU (pref), Will happily also study in BW LC, BW RU, BW UU or BW OU. I'd like a tutor that can do multiple. I'm an active irc'er so I'll be able to partake in as much contact time as needed.
Myself: I'm a pretty chill guy. Been playing pokes since 2008/09 and had most success last gen in UU and LC. Never really got into this gen and hoping to change that. I study at uni. So ya.
Tutee Talk? Why not, yes.

I got a tutor a number of rounds ago but didn't end up getting to do anything with them at all, so I may as well have had no tutor.

Last edited:
Username:Tek
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Tek32
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:-5 Eastern Time (After 11 PM est time)
What tier do you want to learn?:BW Ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a returning player. I was in the competitive scene quite extensively during the ADV generation and have been out of the loop since the inception of Diamond and Pearl. I am in my last year of college and looking to graduate. I just really want to get back into the competitive aspect of pokemon and just need some help with the new mechanics and the how the meta game has changed since I last played. I've been around at smogon for a long time, just not been here in some time either.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I would be more than happy to give back and help support the program.

Last edited:
Username: Louvre

Showdown Username
: Louvre

Your timezone and usual hours of availability
: 7 pm - 12 pm GMT-6

What tier do you want to learn?
: BW2 OU

Tell us a little about yourself
: I've been playing almost all alone since I was a kid. Never had the chance to travel to a bigger city to meet other players or participate in a tournament. Now that I'm older I'd love to learn how to play properly, and maybe one day be able to teach someone else. I would love to participate in a real tournament (to have the chance to meet other players) once Pokemon X & Y are released. I'm also easy going, and a fast learner. I speak spanish, english and some german. I'm a graphic designer, a pixel artist, and also an amateur programmer. Oh, and I'm veggie (I <3 apples).

Sorry that I have no previous forum posts. I'm rather shy, and just found out about this apprentice program while talking to some guys on the chat for the first time. I am willing to commit myself to this, and I give you my word that I won't dissapoint you :)

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?
: Yes, of course.

Username: Modestgarchomp
Ps and Po Usernames: Modestg
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Online most of the time unless something comes up. (gmt -4)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP Ou
Tell us a little about yourself: Began playing at the end of Bw and after watching multiply Dpp games, an interest to learn this gen developed. Mad Men is the Greatest Show. Mainly looking to improve in the teambuild aspect of this gen.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username:InsaneDragoniteHD
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Draggi or Nico Serperior
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 4-9 EST,depending on day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I did the program for NU and it helped me a lot, I am a very prominent NU player and I wanted to learn RU because it looks likes a really fun tier :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, I would.

Username: Charazardin (although my most common name anywhere else outside of the forums is BLUES)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/: BLUES/BRUSU(PO) / Blues7x(PS!)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5, weekdays from 8am-around 9 pm depending on what happens throughout the day
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been in competitive for about 2-3years now and Ive done pretty good on PO's ladder, peakling at 1444 in BW OU1 and 1538 in BW OU2, but I had a 5-6 month hiatus and I havent been able to do very well since returning to competitive mons...
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Why should I be tutored even if I have less than 25 posts: I have been part of the forums for a while now, mostly taking part in wifi battling (especially after the start of the find battle system). Also, I am more active on a different forums (which I will not name for obvious reasons). However, I am looking to improve and one of the top players recommended to sign up here. Hope I get in :]

Also, I was skipped in round 75

Username: Rayleigh
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/: Rayleigh8 (or anything)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, after dinner, from 9pm to 3am.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 (Any tier but I would prefer Ubers, OU and UU)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I am new here at smogon but I play competitive pokémon since 2010 (but I never took it seriously). I am trying to get advices and tatics from a experienced player to improve myself and become a better player.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Why should I be tutored even if I have less than 25 posts: Well, I am not from a country that speaks english so I get lazy to post here because I have to think in phrase structures and that things eheh. To add that unconviniency I am not ambientalized with the forum yet so I still don't know where am I able to discuss without showing my ignorance eheh.

Also, I was skipped in round 75 because my tutor had problems and couldn't be online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)