Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: dbzmariogeno
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Whatever alt i'm on for anything will have Geno as the first word
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 and 8am - 10pm. Skype (dbzmariogeno) is the easiest way to contact me due to Smogon being very slow and glitchy over the past few weeks
What tier do you want to learn?: RU or NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I usually play Ubers and want to play lower tiers. Other then not being able to walk for a while from my surgery (which explains me being free all day) not much really to say.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

I have been, in the past 8 rounds, skipped 5 times, had no sessions twice, and on the other round had only 2 short sessions which weren't even for the right tier.

Username:haxu
Pokemon Online Username:arkhaminmate42
Timezone, availability: CDT 5-9 pm
Tier: UU
Tell us about yourself: I throughly enjoy pokemon and hope to gain more battle expirence and knowledge
Tutee talk: yes

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:SomaLokz(Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (i live in California), free on Mondays and Wednesdays, a life rest of the week till 7pm I'd say.
What tier do you want to learn?: I guess the current ou/doubles so BW2. Still getting used to the terminology.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a college student primarily, going for English or Bio. I love music, playing and listening, and I like to spend time with friends and loved ones. I like playing Showdown whenever I rest at home.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, why not.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Competitive battling has always been on my mind ever since I heard of EVs and IVs. Then breeding got mixed in and wow, there's just so much. I started playing on Showdown not so long ago, but getting up that ladder is hard with teams of "random" pokemon I find amazing. I recently got my butt handed to me, so I hope to learn a lot new here.

I was skipped last round *sad face*

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:GhostJinx(Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC+5:30, I am free 3:30 PM to 6:30PM (UTC)(except on Thursday)
What tier do you want to learn?: I'm open to any tier
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a college student, am studying physics.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, why not.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I have recently started competitive battling, but I am finding battling difficult and am unable to understand the basic concepts. I hope I learn a lot and become better in battling.

Last edited:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: UltimaBane (Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, free after 7.30pm every night
What tier do you want to learn?: Current OU
Tell us a little about yourself: HND Student, determined Steel-type veteran
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: when i find its location, sure

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Been casual pokemon player for numerous years, growing ever more addicted, and edging toward competitive battling. my reason for applying is because when i enter competitive, i look to be prepared

Username: klvkboom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: klvkboom, vuuu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, 5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC Doubles, BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a OU Singles player ever since D/P came out. Since then, I'd say I am one of the more proficient players as it shows in many matches against my friends. I am well aware of EVs, IVs, breeding, team-building, strategy, and many concepts that apply to Singles. However, recently I've been looking at Pokemon from a more competitive standpoint, particularly VGC. Since my Regionals is coming in a few weeks (Houston), I'd like to take in whatever I can to have the best experience at the event. Being primarily a Singles player though, my experience seem to be only marginally useful when playing Doubles. It's also my first time at Regionals, or any big Pokemon event for that matter.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Username:Omnistasis
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Omnistasis
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:-6(Central USA) Can be worked out with tutor, I have a very flexible schedule. Weekends I'm usually out, but can stay in to learn.
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Sean, I go by the handle "Omnistasis" or just "Omni" I have been playing pokemon since Red/Blue Release(1st grade...the feels, man!). I have bought every Pokemon game since. I have a basic understanding of the competitive scene, but I have not fully delved into it since MidGen3-EarlyGen4. I'm hard working, dedicated, and love learning new things. I'm doing this so that I can have some sort of foundation going into the next gen, where I plan on aiming for the top of the ladders in competitive OU.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? But of course!
Under 25 Posts: It's probably a bit shady that THIS is my first post...isn't it. I hope this doesn't count me out. I signed up today, but I do, however, plan on becoming an active member in the community. I'm no troll, just an honest Pokemon fan, who is looking to further his understanding of the game.

Username: Noctem
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Noctem
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (Los Angeles, California) and afternoon to late night every day!
What tier do you want to learn?: OU (maybe UBERS)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've loved Pokemon ever since I got my hands on Pokemon Red! Loved the shows, collected huge amounts of Pokemon cards in elementary school. However, with each Pokemon gen I played less and less. I haven't played competitively, but with Pokemon X/Y coming out, I'd love to learn and get started. For some reason, X/Y seem to be a good place for me to come back into the Pokemon universe! I'd like to learn the basics of competitive play so that I can grow as a battler and actually compete.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes!
Low amount of posts: I've been on Smogon here and there over the past few years, always tempted to really get into it, but have either been too busy or felt like mid-gen would be hard to start in. With Pokemon X/Y coming, I decided to really sign up and give it a go!

Last edited:

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: FireMage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: FireMage, Bland, Limited
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Depends on Work / Tour Schedule. Usually available most nights
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU / UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I mostly play NU and LC - but i'm probably known better for my tournament hosting. I want to learn one of these two tiers so I participate and do better in tournaments (and maybe the ladder too) UU is a tier I've wanted to learn for a while now and would like to give it a shot before the gen is over.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah

Requesting Bloo if he's available

Username: Jolteezy1
I play any tier on Pokémon, I play showdown, I play ds mostly, but im having trouble playing the game, I know my types, and type advantages, but I cant seem to make good decisions in my battles and I copy other peoples movesets if I like it, but I don't know to use the moveset sometimes. I don't know who to lead with sometimes, somebody told me my pokemon lack defense for status inducing strategies and my pokemon need more speed. Is there somebody that can help me with this, I don't wanna play x and y and still play the same way, and I am so undersubbed on youtube.

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Just wanted to thank everyone for the great turnout. As always, some of the time zones were hard to matchup, but we did the best that we could. If you are having issues meeting with your tutee, mention that in your tutee thread, and we'll give you priority next round.

You are required to make a tutee talk thread within one week, no matter if any lessons have taken place or not. You will be subbed out for another applicant if no thread is made.

Tutor - Tutee [Metagame]

Ace Emerald - The Mighty Kazzoo [BW2 UU]
Molk - Kudos [BW2 RU]
Ojama - Laurel [ADV OU]
yee - BananaShoes [BW2 OU]
Psych071c - Dr Ciel [BW2 UU]
Remedy - CaptainTalon447 [BW2 OU]
EonX- - dbzmariogeno [BW2 RU]
Jirachi - [Soma] [BW2 OU]
dragonuser - Karxrida [BW2 OU]
Kidogo - Ness21 [BW2 OU]
Funkasaurus - Pat Labor [ADV OU]
Go10 - ogasian [BW2 Ubers]
Dice - Trainer Au [BW2 Ubers]
plus - Albus [BW2 OU]
Annoyer - MCBarrett [BW2 NU]
BKC - ceciunni [BW2 OU]
Remedy - Skarm™ [BW2 OU]
AB2 - piikachuu [BW2 OU]
Metal Sonic - Treecko [BW2 U]
Charmander - Melonz [BW2 LC]
FLCL - ManlyMudkipz [BW2 NU]
Hot N Cold - Kingler1234 [BW2 RU]

I'm sorry for those who signed up in BW2 OU but we didn't have enough available tutors but if some of you want to learn the BW2 RU tier, there are 3 available tutors with no tutee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)