Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 78 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees!

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: The Mighty Kazzoo
Pokemon Showdown Username: The Mighty Kazzoo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5
Monday - Wednesday 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Thursday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Friday 4:00 pm - 1:00 am
Saturday 1:00 pm - 1:00 am
Sunday 1:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon since I was 5 (as far back as I've been reading) and have played through at least one game from every generation of the main series. In the past couple years I've widened out from just physical console pokemon games and wandered into the vast expanse of the interwebs.
Why pick me?: I know I have fewer than 25 posts. Truth be told, I came on here today just to make an account and see when the next training session was and it just so happened that it was in 15 minutes. I thought I'd take a shot. I've never strayed into the realm of competitive battling, and my knowledge doesn't rival some of the trivia obsessed pokemon fans, but I do know my pokemon. I'm a fair battler in my own right, I just don't know the strategy needed to compete against people who plan 3 steps ahead. I'd like to learn that on smogon, preferably from a tutor, but if I have to then just from rolling around the forums. I hope to eventually be able to contribute back.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.

Ace Emerald agreed to tutor me.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username: Karxrida
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Karxrida (on PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC
Availability:
Monday/Wednesday: 2:30-10:00 PM
Tuesday/Thursday: 1:00-6:00 PM
Friday/Saturday: 11:00 AM-10:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: B2W2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Pokémon, and I want to get better at teambuilding and battling the pros. I've been on Pokémon Showdown since August, and I feel like I'm struggling to get higher on the ladder.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If I get selected, I need one of the mods or the Tutor Program leader to PM me, since I have some personal info I need to share with them and/or my tutor that I wish to keep private.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: Kudos
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kudos (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Generally speaking, 9 am to 12 pm GMT +2 (1 am to 4 pm EST, I think)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU (my soft spot)/UU/OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing "competitively" (AKA having an alt on PS) since March, and I already tried to sign up for Battling 101 at the time; now I'm returning after the summer break, willing to expand my knowledge about competitive Pokémon as a whole, rather than a specific tier.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I'm trying to increase my postcount and become more involved in the community, and I feel like having a tutor could help me in this task as well.

I was picked last round, but my tutor hasn't been active at all in the last month.

Username: Ness21

Pokemon Showdown: Outsethero

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4
  • Sundays/Mondays/Wednesdays: 10:00am - 5:00pm
  • Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
  • Saturdays: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I've known about Competitive Play for quite some time now, and I've had someone help me out with making a Competitive Team. However, most of what they mentioned towards the helping I had very small knowledge of, and I really want to understand Competitive Battling and Team Building altogether myself.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I am not quite sure what it is, but I don't see why not.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.
Because although my account here is quite old, I just never really knew how to contribute to the community. I have little knowledge on Competitive Battling and sought to learn from reading posts but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. Only recently did I find out about this and I'd definitely love to learn through this manner.

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Username: Melonz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: WaterlessMelon (PS!)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I live in the Pacific timezone (UTC - 8 hours I think) and I will be available anywhere from 4pm - 10pm on the weekdays, but only for 3 of the 6 hours, because I also need time for homework. During the weekends, I am available from 12am - 10pm, generally speaking...
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I first started playing Pokemon on Pokemon Showdown! in about January of this year. I was playing LC mainly, but didn't have a good enough grip on how battles should be played and how teams should be made to rise in the ranks and get up high on the ladder. By late February, I had to many things going on to play regularly, and eventually grew out of PS!. I just came back about a week ago, ready to start again on LC. I think having someone to help me learn would be extremely beneficial and would improve my skills a lot...
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, I will...

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I believe I should be picked to be tutored in the LC meta game is because I pay attention and I have the determination to keep trying to be the best I can be at LC. I am interested in the meta and I understand it to a degree. Getting a tutor would be insanely helpful to my skills, and I plan to get involved in the community and stay active on the forums...

Username:ManlyMudkipz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:ManlyMudkipz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -7
School ends at 2:15 and I normally go to bed around 10 pm-3 am. Other than that weekends are pretty much a free for all, because some weekends I may never leave the computer and others I might not have access.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 anything but OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a High School Junior in AZ and am very interested in becoming more active with the Smogon community, but also playing with my local friends. I really want to become a better battler over all and becoming more involved with the community. I'm interested in learning any tier but OU (just doesn't interest me). I won't be getting X&Y for lack of a 3DS, but I really want to learn the BW2 metagame.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. I haven't participated in the forums so far because I haven't felt that I had anything to add, rather I've just been lurking for a few months. I still think I should be tutored, because I want to become a part of the community and have a strong interest in learning the ins and the outs of competitive battling.

Username: Pat Labor
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pat Lab
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, 8pm - 12pm
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU and DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Zzzzz. I'm a student who likes beer, mountaineering and some other shits.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: My tutor want a badge, I want few teams in ADV/DPP, and it will not happen by magic.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Username: LilOuOn
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: LilOu / The Only Exception / Beater.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. Usually from 5 to 7 pm on weekdays because of school. However, I can still talk with my tutor about it and get some other free hours somewhere.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU or BW UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Emma Watson, Paramore and playing guitar :] Also, I got bored of OU and want to learn something about RU because it seems like fun.

Ahh, almost forgot. Skipped last round as well as sixty nine I guess.

Sorry, I won't be able as a tutee, so don't take me unto account.

Last edited:
Username: Laurel
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Laurel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4. 5 - 7 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like charmander. I like tennis. I like avicii, punk rock, and taylor swift. I suck at gen 3.

I was skipped over last round, and round 75 my tutor did not tutor me once.

Username: ogasian
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown
Username:
Tournament Test, Facepalm Test, ogasian
Your timezone and your usual hours of availability: USA Eastern Time Zone, about 10:00 PM Weekdays cause high school.
What tier do yiu want to learn?: BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to write and read and I am a smogon bum. Also, I'm decent at Ubers (98 on ladder but ladder sux) and want to improve ever since I joined an Ubers tournament.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes indeed

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Username: Trainer Au
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Trainer Aurum01
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST. Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun, anytimes.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I've gotten pretty bored of OU and UU and I want to finish Gen 5 off with knowledge of one of the coolest metagames. I was tutored once almost a year ago in ubers but due to a really bad timezone matchup we barely got to meet. I consider myself a pretty average player in ubers but I really struggle with teambuilding.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Albus
Pokemon Showdown Username: Albus80
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; everyday from 8:00 to 11:00 PM or the entire day in most weekends, unless i have a lot of college work or something else to do.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU; VGC '13; ADV OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm someone who used to be a full-time-battler and had a good competitive level and understanding with/of nearly all the tiers (mainly OU and VGC); hovewer, since i became a full-time breeder/RNG Abuser, an addict of playing Gamecube games (specially TLOZ: Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4 and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness) and having the rest of my time sapped by my pre-universitary studies, i stopped playing competitively since like um...7 months ago? (like a week or two after Deoxys-D became an Uber iirc) So... i want to "re-learn" how to play in OU and adjust to the new (to me) playstyles/threats, etc; to become a much better teambuilder (i suck at teambuilding btw); and as a bonus, to learn how to play in ADV OU.
My personal interests are mostly reading English-written stuff (my first language is not english btw), playing video games, my physical fitness and TV shows like The Walking Dead (only 1 month left for the TV series' return!).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course i will.

I was skipped over in the last round.

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Username: MCBarrett
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Barrett50cal and OG $wank mostly
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4; 11 AM-4 PM besides lunch and 8-12 PM
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 NU or BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I feel like I'm pretty good at NU, it just seems to fit my preferred playstyles and it has come pretty naturally to me. I'm still relatively new to the tier though and would like to really get to know it in and out at some point. I've also been introduced to Ubers very recently and it seems like an interesting tier and I would like to get to know it better. As far as personal interests go I play basketball, go to school in Boston, and I'm pretty into rap like A$AP Ferg and Danny Brown atm. But I'm chill and will talk about anything, so its all good.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:fo shizzle

I was skipped last round.

Username: ceciunni
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ceciunni

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 (USA pacific)
  • Weekdays (M-Th): 7PM PST to anytime
  • Weekends (F,Sa,Su): 11AM PST to anytime

Reason for not having 25 posts:
At a glance, the forums look rather intimidating to a newcomer. And for a person with very limited knowledge on the technical aspects of Pokemon, I thought I didn't have much to contribute. Rather, I thought I'd start by reading the strategy pokedex and the Smog articles to get on even grounds with rest of the forum posters. Of course, to simply read articles, I didn't need to make an account and didn't have to post anything on the forums.

Tell us a little about yourself
:
I've silently "lurked" on Smogon forums since Platinum. I've mainly been checking the Battle tower (Pt/SS) and the Battle subway (Black 1) records, and have spent countless hours and days trying to get somewhere near the people listed in the hall of fame. (in vain of course.) With the introduction of random matchup in Black 1, I got very more interested in strategies on how to use certain pokemon and started to come to Smogon very frequently. Eventually, I started using the simulators more so than my actual DS. The main reason I want to be tutored is that in order to improve, I need to know where to start or what I am doing wrong. For example, understanding why certain attackers are chosen over others, given relatively similar coverage movepools, would be one goal I hope to achieve, should I be chosen for the tutor round.

As for myself, I'm a senior in college (last semester, yay!) and my major is accounting. I start full-time work next July, but until then I have rather large amounts of free time since I'm finished with my core classes.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username: piikachuu
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: piiiikachuuu (Pokemon Showdown!)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -4), on around 9-10 PM daily, although I'm often on well past 10 PM as well.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a junior in high school, and I've loved Pokemon for years. I only started playing competitively at the beginning of 2013, after having played at least 1 game from every gen and running out of things to do. While I wouldn't consider myself to be a weak battler, I feel that I still have much to improve on, in areas such as teambuilding. As for me, I swim competitively, speak 3 languages, and play violin. I take several AP classes (fun) and I've only recently started posting on the forums, most of which has been put into Grammar and Prose in C&C.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Not exactly clear on what this is, but sure.

Username: Skarm™
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Skamory7
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, usually between 5-10 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm in middle school and have been playing competitive since June 2012, but have never gotten any better since then. I want to become a better battler so I can help out my clan more and just be a good battler. I've been skipped a round or two (forgot the round number, but it wasn't the last one) so hopefully I get picked. I have a YouTube channel and lead a clan on Serebii.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, why not?

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Treecko
Showdown Username: Treecko
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: usually later at night, GMT-6
Tell us a little about yourself: NU player looking to get started in UU. I like doges, drag, and alcohol.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Username:Maxson
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Maxson
Your timezone and usual hours of availabilityGMT-08:00 I am free anytime, except for Wednesday after 10pm and Saturday after 5pm
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU and XY OU when it comes out
Tell us a little about yourself:I am an avid athlete and video gamer. But I am completely new to competitive pokemon. I am interested in learning the Micro and Macro aspects of competitive Pokemon and also improving my battling skills.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Not only do I want to learn how to play competitive pokemon correctly and successfully. I am a quick learner, and I pick up concepts extremely quick. I know I am new to this scene as this is my first post, but to make up for that I am willing to work hard and not waste the tutor's time if I am chosen. I feel like scanning the forums or watching competitive pokemon is not the fastest to learn, but getting tutored is. Finally, I like to help people, once I gain enough knowledge and skill on competitive pokemon. I am planning to apply to be a tutor so I can pass those skills and knowledge to the next person and expand this ever growing community.

Username: BananaShoes
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BananaShoes on Pokemon Online or Pokemon Showdown, whichever is preferable.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (UTC-05:00) I'm generally available from 9pm - 3am and 8am - 11am; however, i can be flexibile and work whenever my Mentor is free.
Tell us a little about yourself: While I've been playing Pokemon since Gen I, I've only been into the competitive battling scene for about a year now. After DPPT my interest in the games started to dwindle as i felt that Game Freak was really starting to tap out their creativity. As such, i took a short break from the games until a friend of mine introduced me to the competitive aspect of such. I had always known a bit about the Meta; however, it wasn't until about a year ago that i really took interest in it. Since then, I've been on PO almost daily working on really learning the Metagame and trying to hone my skills as a competitive player. While i know I've come a long way since i started (boy was i bad), i feel like there is only so much i can personally teach myself. I feel like I've more or less reached a plateau: and, i'm hoping that being mentored by someone will really help to get me past this wall that I've hit. I still have so much to learn, and i feel that this program is exactly what i need to truly become decent at the game.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely!
Why I feel i should be tutored: While i'm brand new to these forums, i do expect to become an avid member one of these days. I'm a fast learner, and i am extremely dedicated to anything that i set my mind to. If given the chance to be tutored, you can rest assured that i will be putting forth my utmost effort. My schedule is flexible and i am happy to work with any tutor you can give me; long story short, i will do anything that is asked of me to help better myself as a battler, and to make sure my tutor is satisfied with the work they are doing. I'm happy to work in a Tutee Talk Forum, and i'm happy to fill out any kind of Mentor review or recommendation that i need to after this is all said and done. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to be mentored by one of your members. Thank you for this opportunity!

Note: I was accepted last round; however, i only got to talk to my mentor for three fairly short sessions. He was busy with school and the Smogon Tour for most of our time; and, as such wasn't available too often. I understand this happens, and that these are understandable circumstances; but, it would be really awesome to be able to get some complete tutoring. He never really got around to coaching me when it comes to battling, the most we covered was team building; and, only 2 different kinds of teams at that. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, i would just really like the opportunity to actually be tutored :[

Username:Daniel Law
Pokemon Online: daniellcl49bm
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, I'm usually free from 9am to 10pm since my holidays have now started and I'm not working, I can be flexible though if my mentor isn't free.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I have been an avid pokemon fan ever since generation I. I used to keep up with pokemon until it reached generation 4... The amount of pokemon, the additional abilities, the additional items, the variety of teams that exist all made me very confused as to how to build or even start off competitively battling. Currently I am studying on the different types of DPP and BW2 pokemon that exist, and contemplating a well rounded team but as I said, I am not really sure as to how I can go round making a decent team. I only took interest in competitive battling when gen 4 came out as it actually looked very fun and very strategic, just like my hobby chess. However, only until recently did I have time to spare for learning competitive battling. It's very hard to maintain your GPA in college.. I am also now studying about different types of teams I can utilise, and the general strategies for pokemon competitive battling. I have tried to learn on my own for some time now but I feel like I've hit rockbottom since there is only so much I can do myself.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!

Note: I am very new to gen 4 pokemon and above. Even though I am trying my best to learn everything, it is really hard. Trying to grasp the concept of each and every pokemon, and their abilities to sweep, be utilities, be baton passers, etc is very confusing. There are also a lot more new moves and items which make me spoilt for choice since I don't actually know whats the best for each pokemon, even after doing intensive studying on Smogon university's extensive data about items, moves and abilities.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. I really am very new to pokemon competitive battling. However, if you can overlook the fact that I am a newbie to pokemon, I really am a very good learner. I listen well, respond well to criticism, am open to new opinions and ideas and am a fast learner. This is actually my first post on these forums, I have always been a very secretive lurker and kept to myself. I tried building a team, but it got crushed by an average team. I realise that theory isn't all there is to battling, and experience plays a part. If I could get advice, and tutored by an experienced tutor, I am sure that I would make the best out of his/her teachings, and that I would be able to soar to new levels.
Recently, I discovered the wonders of weather teams. It actually changes my view on pokemon competitive battling since I have always looked down upon rain dance, and sunny day due to it wasting my single turn trying to setup, and therefore potentially risking my life. However, I realised after reading more about it that there are ways to setup safely, and there are ways to abuse these weather conditions. These are just recent revelations that in my opinion, make competitive battling all the more interesting. I am always immersed within strategic, and mind stimulating games, and pokemon competitive battling is no different.

SOMALIA HAS AGREED TO TUTOR ME

Last edited:

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, normal school hours is 4pm onward, free for whole of saturday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Sonic the Hedgehog. I want to improve at LC or NU. I feel sad that BW is ending because I feel apprehensive about XY
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yeah sure

Charmander has agreed to take me for tutoring again this round ^_^

Username: Goomantra

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Goomantra

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (UTC-05:00) I have a very sporadic sleep schedule, so I can be free pretty much whenever I need to be.

Tell us a little about yourself: Honestly, I’m fairly new to Pokemon as far as competitive battling is concerned. The games were a huge part of my childhood, and I still play them to this day; however, it’s not until lately that I have taken an interest in the competitive aspect of Pokemon. I’ve spent a fair bit of time on Pokemon Showdown over the past couple of months; yet, I can’t seem to progress past where I am. This frustrates me because I’m incredibly competitive and typically strive to reach my maximum potential in nearly everything I do. I’ve heard people mention this program a number of times; yet, sadly, I’ve missed the last few deadlines. I’m very happy that I finally managed to catch one. I think that this program is exactly what I need in order to push myself to become a better player. I’ve spent countless hours scouring the Internet and looking for help; however, I don’t think anything can really compare to direct tutoring from some of the best there are.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I would be happy to.

Why you should choose me: I’m brand new to Smogon, and I know that might be a bit of a turn off for the tutors; however, I’d like the chance to prove myself a beneficial addition to the forums. While I want to be tutored quite desperately, I would also like to become a dedicated member in these forums as a whole. I feel like being able to frequently talk to one of the higher ups or veterans would help me to be able to maximize my abilities as an overall member. That aside, I’m extremely dedicated to this game. I may not be wonderful, but I am prepared to do everything that I must in order to change that. I’m a fast learner, a good listener, and I’m willing to put in the hours. Long story short, my goal is to learn Pokemon and I will do anything I have to in order to do so. Thank you for your consideration.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Username: Dr Ciel

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Lady Samantha

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 Free all afternoons and weekends, very flexible. ( University started, so these times are subject to change )

Tell us a little about yourself: Hello there, I'm a 24 year old nurse from the town of Venice Italy, I'm an avid fan of 80s Music, and follow the NFL and MLB.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of Course.

Was skipped over last Round.

Username: CaptainTalon447
Time Zone: Pacific Standard GMT -8
Pokemon Online Username: CaptainTalon447
Tier: OU, BU, UU
Reason: When I was in high school we had a Pokemon tournament in our games club. I thought I had the strongest team and that stats didn't matter. I was out in the first round. The same story had happened both times. So I wanted to figure out why I was always losing. It was then that I had started hearing all of this lingo to the game like IVs, EVs, and even ways on how to manipulate stats on Pokemon. After a little bit of searching I tried putting these ideas into actions but had little success. I have a lot of trouble of forming a good team with right moves and good stats. I want to be able to put the concepts of good breeding, EVs, move sets, and predictions into good use and have some wins because of it.
Under 25 posts: Being a student takes a bit of time so I haven't spent a lot of time. Also, I feel it's very difficult for me to post anything on these meta games when I myself am not able to provide any good insight into the game itself. That is also why I am here at tutoring.

Was skipped in round 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)