Alphability ORAS [Check Post #232]

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just did a battle with The Immortal and I can conclude Simple Smeargle is pretty insane, he can give a double Shell Smash to any Pokemon that has a way of beating Wonder Guards and it's a pretty easy win, this is what I run.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Spore
- Baton Pass
- Magic Coat

Shaymin @ White Herb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Worry Seed
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Smeargle does the obvious easy passing which is hard to prevent, if you predict a taunt use Magic Coat, otherwise use Shell Smash or Spore (Don't use Spore if the opponent has the M of Magic Bounce), afterwards pass to Shaymin who ignores the drops with White Herb, hits most Wonder Guards in Earth Power/Psychic/Seed Flare and has Worry Seed for those it can't hit. It has pretty decent bulk as well to survive most priority and it can easily take a hit after the Baton Pass. Sheer Force just makes it even stronger than it would already be as it boosts all three moves. Eventually at +4 Seed Flare will destroy anything that doesn't resist it and the coverage takes care of the rest.

TL;DR Smeargle + Sweeper destroys everyone who isn't prepared (Sash, lots of priority, Scarf igglybuff)

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Inferno
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Extrasensory

Noivern @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

This is what I could scavenge for no guarders. Much disappoint.

Nosepass @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Power Gem
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
Get hyped

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Alright hello people :)

In light of recent developments, Blaziken, Blazikenite, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite and Genesect are unbanned. However, to balance out the meta, you may only have one of each ability at most on your team. This does mean, of course, that you *could* have Teravolt, Turboblaze and Mold Breaker if you wanted to x_x

How about sand stream shuckle? It boosts it's special defense and gives extra passive damage. How about:

Shuckle
252HP
252Def
4SpD
Bold/Impish nature
Sand Stream
Leftovers
Power split/sticky web
Rest
Encore/rock slide/sticky web
Toxic/rock slide/sticky web

This set allows shuckle to royally screw the opponent. Power split neuters the opponent's Attack stats while boosting shuckle's. Rest is for healing, encore is to lock an opponent into a set up move, and toxic is for extra passive damage. As for alternatives, sticky web is a great move for slowing down enemies and rock slide should only be used after a power split for a decent STAB attack. The evs maximize his defense since his special defense is boosted in the sand. Unfortunately, it is helplessly walled by steel types.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For Pokemon starting with letters X, Y and Z, why not make them have abilities based on the next letter in their names with an available ability? For example Yanmega would get Adaptability or Aerilate, Zygarde would get Gale Wings (lol), Guts etc.

Or would that make it too complicated?

Last edited:
shedinja + sturdy - invincible to direct attacks
arena trap + perish song azzumaril - perish traps grounded things
shadow tag + perish song smeargle - perish traps all things (not ghost)
trick + shadow tag + shell smash + baton pass smeargle - traps, tricks, and passes +6 attack/speed
parental bond + trick room + endeavor + level 1 - trick rooms, then spams endeavor to KO anythi- wait, this is not legal, and if it was, endeavor parental bond does not hit twice. thank GOD.

Last edited:
Pinsir
Ability:Prankster
EVs:252atk,252sp.atk,4spe
Nature:Mild
Item:Choice Specs
Moveset:Me First, 3 other moves

Enjoy

Smeargle
Ability:Sturdy
Lvl. 1
Moveset:Leech Seed, 3 other moves

Last edited by a moderator:
Pinsir
Ability:Prankster
EVs:252atk,252sp.atk,4spe
Nature:Mild
Item:Choice Specs
Moveset:Me First, 3 other moves
As a wise man once said, "I live in shadows, a ninja! My intricate style will confound and destroy you! Confusion, sleep, poison... Prepare to be the victim of my sinister technique! Fwahahahaha! Pokémon is not merely about brute force--you shall see soon enough!"

You mean Koga.

[sarcasm="You don't say"] Yes. I have made an exact quote, word for word, without knowing that it is Koga. [/sarcasm]

Last edited:
wow, this is basically a more broken ABC abilities.
Wonder guard whishcash/wormadan/wiglytuff/weavile
shadow tag anything
arena trap anything
fur coat ferrothorn
parental bond pikachu, porygon,...

but unlike abcab, there's no topsy turvy thundurus (w/prankster) to counter everything :S

can you do the same thing as Alphabet Cup did and limit to one of each alphabet? otherwise I can see full wonder guard teams becoming a little too much, or something similar

thought dump time:

- Sand Stream Shedinja is probably the most reliable supporter for a sand team
Please say you're trolling there rather than just being stupid.

It's a suicide sand starter. It allows for a sand abuser to come in with 7 turns of sandstorm (assuming you hold a Smooth Rock).
Wow, that is actually kinda brilliant. Lead with a Magic Bouncer to prevent them from setting up SR, then switch to Shedy to set up the sand. Sadly since you can't have more than 1 Pokemon with the same ability, seems kinda wasteful to make your only sand starter a suicide Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)