Ability Shift

Remember there is moody clause so you cant use moody, and gyradosite and ampharosite are banned, so Moody is dead.
And this is new because...? Moody was intentionally killed by Moody Clause back in Gen V, and Gyaradosite and Ampharosite are banned because Moody's their only Ability after Shifting.

When I try to use Mega Gengar, I can't because it says, "Gengar-Mega can't have Levitate." But it doesn't have levitate. What's going on?

But Rock Head Nidoking with Double Edge and Head Smash...

But seriously, that might make up for its wanting attack stat.

I also tried Prankster Dragalge with Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Venom Drench, and Dragon Tail.

Ok I feel the best attack in the metagame is ludicolo's scald it gets pb so thats a really high burn chance and it's so lolzy ludicolo is really underrated.

Awesome new set I have been experimenting with:

Muk @ Leftovers
252HP 252SpD 4At
Prankster
Curse
Rest
Sleep Talk
Poison jab/coverage move instead

This Muk set is really cool because everything gets priority when asleep! He has reliable recovery because now he can set up on physical attackers getting a defense boost before they attack, and can heal before they finish him off. Then, if you're lucky, he gets to attack with priority! Steels and wonder guarders should be eliminated before attempting to setup full on, but otherwise it works wonders!
A good partner for Prankster Muk is:

Toxicroak @ Leftovers
Combination of speed, hp, and attack
Arena Trap
Bulk up
Sub/Poison jab
Drain Punch
Sucker Punch

This guy traps and kills steels that get in Muk's way. He can also setup on a wide variety of things and sweep himself. These two should also be run with a ground immune cleric like say Togekiss, or also can function just fine separately if the idea of two setup poison types is unappealing, but Muk will need someone to eliminate steels.
Thoughts?

Yup, I'm going to ban both of them. I will go with the popular suggestion of moving the abilities down one. I will pm TTT when I see him next, or he'll check this thread. idk
What do you mean by banning "both" What are the both. Is it imposter,wonder guard,and shadow tag? Also consider Banning Greninja and venomoth.

Last edited:
Oh, I said earlier that I would decide on banning shadow tag and imposter today. Shadow Tag and Imposter are banned

Is there any chance that white smoke will ever become wonder skin rather than wonder guard?
Wonder Guard is on suspect with Greninja with Pure Power. Wonder Guard has been increadibly harsh on new players, and the metagame is kind of centralizing on Wonder Guard. Hopefully Burger bans them soon :c, he is considering the bans.

One interesting Pokemon I've found is Parental Bond Slowking. And with Nasty Plot, it is seriously hard to wall:
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Parental Bond Slowking Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 616-727 (87.5 - 103.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Parental Bond Slowking Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Aggron: 388-457 (112.7 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Parental Bond Slowking Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 204-241 (51.7 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Parental Bond Slowking Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 358-423 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
It 2HKOes the largest Special Wall with a non-SE Attack. It is very difficult to stop after it sets up thanks to its great bulk! Still has notable flaws, but still!

EV

Banned deucer.
Yeah Parental Bond is just beastly on anything and since Slowking is very slow, it doesn't have to invest anything into Speed, dumping what it doesn't put in SpA into HP. What else do you run? Fire Blast?

Yeah Parental Bond is just beastly on anything and since Slowking is very slow, it doesn't have to invest anything into Speed, dumping what it doesn't put in SpA into HP. What else do you run? Fire Blast?
Nasty Plot / Scald / Psyshock / Fire Blast, but tbh I'm considering running Sub > Fire Blast, because:
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Parental Bond Slowking Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 204-241 (57.9 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Parental Bond Slowking Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 151-180 (42.8 - 51.1%) -- 50.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Parental Bond Slowking Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 327-385 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
You don't really need to run Fire Blast, I can't find anything that Scald / Psyshock don't hit well enough to warrant running Fire Blast.
Also, Mega Gyarados appears to be a counter, resisting its STABs:
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Parental Bond Slowking Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 184-219 (55.4 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)