Ability Shift

It's ability to heal is garbage and it lacks good support moves in general. Heatmor can actually do stuff like trap opponents, keep switching in and out on Rocks, Taunt attempts to Toxic it, etc. Heatmor is also better durability against Special moves due to its higher HP, in spite of having slightly lower Special Defense than Torkoal. Why the heck would it matter that Torkoal has good Defense when everything else about it is less useful than Heatmor's traits?
Honestly you might've been the only one to use heatmor and bk probably didn't want to ban it without proof of brokenness

Torkoal is banned because torkoal gets shell smash. That in and of itself was a huge part of what caused it to be broken - it could set up on almost anything and have a very easy time sweeping. It could also use rapid spin.

It has 20 Speed. The turn it Shell Smashes is the turn just about anything capable of hurting it switches in, and then the turn after that it dies horribly because it's not that tough, is horribly slow even after a Shell Smash, and has no priority. I'm not seeing how Shell Smash makes it broken, especially not when Ability Shift was dominated by hilarious stuff like Parental Bond Slowking, which will laugh off anything Torkoal does even at +2 and then instagib it with Surf/Hydro Pump/Scald. What kind of competitive team in Ability Shift struggles to KO Torkoal so much that it Shell Smashing matters?

It's not that. The issue with torkoal was that it turned matches into killing the opponent's Torkoal answer, smashing up, and winning. It was uncompetitive, and made Torkoal broken. This is compounded by the fact that Torkoal could easily perform other roles for the team such as rapid spinning, and so on.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Oh btw when ORAS comes out is Defiant going to be changed to switching to Desolate Land instead of Download and is Pressure going to be changed to switching to Primordial Sea instead of Protean? Or will it be the same?

(Waits for ORAS to get Primordial Sea Suiciune, Zapdos, Raikou, and Wailord if thats the case)

Last edited:
They will switch, as well as any new abilities, and oh my god, primal sea Moltres could also be big with that STAB hurricane, although it misses it's fire moves a LOT.

When Delta Stream is coded into showdown, all Defiant users would get it (in this meta).
What would be interesting would be Delta Stream Thundurus, as he won't have any weaknesses (so would Tornadus and Farfetch'd)

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
When Delta Stream is coded into showdown, all Defiant users would get it (in this meta).
What would be interesting would be Delta Stream Thundurus, as he won't have any weaknesses (so would Tornadus and Farfetch'd)
Also Braviary, but yeah Thundurus will be very interesting

I see weird and cool things here...

Nothing that gets Flare Boost can use it, due to it shifting into Flash Fire... I'm sad now.

Arena Trap Toxicroak .-.

Iron Fist Ferrothorn XD

Tough Claws on all Water starters and Pan/Simipour (cool IMO, Samurott and Feraligatr in particular really benefit from it), Bulletproof on all Fire starters and Pan/Simisear (O.o), and Own Tempo on all Grass starters and Pan/Simisage (weird, but could be useful).

Prankster Seismitoad, which will be useful for getting SR (and maybe rain) up.

Moxie Electivire.

Toxic Boost Mega Zam .-.

Thick Fat Kyurem-Black. Switch it into a physical Fire- or Ice-type move and watch it do next to nothing!

Sturdy Tyrantrum. I like this one (:

Scrappy Bouffalant, so Banded Return is a little safer.

Sheer Force Scrafty (It has Crunch, the elemental punches, Iron Head, Poison Jab, Rock Slide, and Zen Headbutt) and Arbok (It has Gunk Shot, the elemental fangs, Rock Slide, Crunch, and Iron Tail).

Pure Power Kecleon...

And with that mental image fresh in my mind, I'll end this post right now O.o

Covering the new megas..
M-Beedrill gets Aerilate, which is neat, I guess.
M-Pidgeot gets Normalize...Hurricane wasn't STAB already.
M-Slowbro gets Shield Dust, so no Scald burns or flinching, which is cool.
M-Steelix gets Sand Rush, to hit max speed of....280..
M-Sceptile gets Limber, so either way, fuck yo T-Waves.
M-Swampert gets...Symbiosis. You probably don't even know what that does, but it has a chance to pass an item to an ally..
M-Sableye and M-Diancie get Magic Guard, which isn't too bad.
M-Sharpedo gets Sturdy...any ideas on what this can do guys?
M-Camerupt gets Shell Armor, so no more crits, yay.
M-Altaria gets Plus, which is really a Minus.
M-Glalie gets Regenarator, which is pretty bad when thinking about Glalie's bulk and typing..
M-Salamence gets Aftermath, so maybe a Salamencite unban?
M-Lati@s still have Light Metal, so yay.
M-Rayquaza gets Desolate Land, which is fitting, since it made Ubers desolate.
M-Lopunny gets Serene Grace, which sucks but eh.
M-Gallade gets Insomnia, which is a nice upgrade.
M-Audino gets Heatproof, which actually would make it a decent ZardX counter in OU.
And finally...
M-Metagross gets Toxic Boost, which really helps it out, as it now is the ultimate Poison switch in, being immune to any sort of poison ain't enough, fuck the hackers, am I right?

So overall, most new megas got fucked over, mainly Metagross, Altaria, Swampert, and Lopunny, but a few actually benefited from this, like Audino, Gallade, and maybe Mega Salamence could be unbanned?
By the way, with the new abilities, Pressure is no longer turned into Protean, it is turned into Primordial Sea. And what can use this ability, Zapdos, Raikou, Suicune, Wailord and Bisharp. Not a lot of options, but still things to consider.
And I am going to review what I think is good.
Infernape now gets Justified, making it the ultimate Bisharp counter.
Sudowoodo gets Reckless, but no Head Smash :pirate:
Wait, couldn't Lickilicky hit you with two CB Explosions thanks to Parental Bond?
Ya know, Pokemon with Pickup getting Pixilate would be pretty cool, but all of the viable ones are Normal types..
People talking about Exploud getting Speed Boost, what about Mr. Mime, it is pretty interesting with Baton Pass, but only if BP chains weren't banned..
Noivern and Yanmega gets Gale Wings from Frish, so that's cool.
M-Ampharos may be a loss to Ampharos' general viability, but I feel Poison Heal from Plus makes up for that.
Chansey can abuse No Guard Sing and Dynamic Punch lol

Overall, a pretty nice meta, sucks that a few great abilities can't be played due to the sole owners of abilities before them being banned, like Unaware only avaliable to Reshiram and Kyurem White and Filter only avaliable to Xerenas. I mean, there is a good trade-off for this, being Yveltal being the only Pokemon to get Defeatist....wait....UNBAN YVELTAL!

The reason I don't do skips is because other pokemon are still able to hold the abilities. Skipping over multitype would be the same thing as skipping over honey gatherer, which I won't do, it's just how the abilities work. Looking at the new mega abilities, I think Lopunny is better than you give it credit for. Also, I'll unban salamencite.

The reason I don't do skips is because other pokemon are still able to hold the abilities. Skipping over multitype would be the same thing as skipping over honey gatherer, which I won't do, it's just how the abilities work. Looking at the new mega abilities, I think Lopunny is better than you give it credit for. Also, I'll unban salamencite.
But this:
- When choosing your abilities, you skip over flower gift, forecast, stance change, zen mode, shadow tag, moody,
Other Pokémon can still have Flower Gift and Forecast, they just can't use them. Right? So why not skip over Multitype as well?

Could we also unban Yveltal and Darkrai? Yveltal gets Defeatist, which A. Makes it lose power in its Dark STAB and B. Makes it significantly weaker when at 50% or below. And Darkrai loses its Dark Void+Bad Dreams combo, so both seem manageable in this meta.

Could we also unban Yveltal and Darkrai? Yveltal gets Defeatist, which A. Makes it lose power in its Dark STAB and B. Makes it significantly weaker when at 50% or below. And Darkrai loses its Dark Void+Bad Dreams combo, so both seem manageable in this meta.
Unbanning yveltal would be a bad idea since it tends to run special/mixed sets anyway. not to mention its flying stab of choice usually keeps/gets it out of defeatist range with its good SpA and balk.

Unbanning yveltal would be a bad idea since it tends to run special/mixed sets anyway. not to mention its flying stab of choice usually keeps/gets it out of defeatist range with its good SpA and balk.
You could at least try unbanning Yveltal. Archeops doesn't get used at all in standard OU because of Defeatist, despite a rather Ubers-like statline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)