2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lee sometimes I wish someone would cut off your dick and put it in a bag then you'd be less enthusiastic about using that word

@ nosferalto pic - i don't get it?

heh kinneas
1) 'you'll never walk with girls' written on shankly gates
2) rainbow in the background
3) liverbird replaced with cock
4) 'Gay Pride' written on the green ribbon

12 year old me would have laughed hard

bale needs to stop playing so well!! my fear is that if he continues playing this incredibly without lapsing into inconsistency like he usually does - unlikely, admittedly, but we could potentially be witnessing the step up to the next level of bale's career ala when ronaldo started to become a consistent goal scorer and match winner at man utd (happened around the same age iirc) - if he keeps this up then real madrid will defy sense and buy him this summer just because theyre gonna be so butthurt by their domestically catastrophic season that theyre gonna be pressured to do their usual thing and splash out on the next big thing. if bale chills out a little and has a couple off color games, i think the insane hype dies down and real aren't pressured into an impulse purchase but instead will take a more long term and calculated approach.

analyzing it from all angles, i think a likely scenario is that, assuming spurs get CL, bale stays with spurs for the whole 2013-14 season then leaves in the summer of 2014 for £50 mil, possibly as a replacement for ronaldo who might want to leave if next season is a repeat of this one. i feel like with barca having messi, it is imperative to real madrid's ego that they have a comparable "best player in the world" candidate. in this respect, i think madrid are already plotting their next big superstar just in case ronaldo leaves - and i think they will look to either neymar or bale, depending on how the next 3 months/year plays out.

however, with most spurs players playing so shit, the team is in a weird situation where they actually need bale to be playing this well in order to keep him, but him playing so well might convince real to splash out this summer!

I heard that Ronaldo will come back to Utd and Fergie will sign Bale in the summer giving a front two of Van Persie and Rooney with Ronaldo and Bale on the wings :)

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Strong result by arsenal, losing 1-0 at home to blackburn...

You have to question Wenger resting so many starters and not getting a result. Even with the champions league this week, you need to get ahead and then maybe you pull some guys to get them some rest...

Just embarrassing really... The problem with Arsenal is that the midfield is overloaded and there's only one striker, so the whole system and formation needs a top class striker at the top to link play and actually finish all the chances created.

Gervinho is doing his best to be worse than useless, it's like he's playing for the other team the way he gives the ball away and shoots into the stands; Giroud does not have that extra spark of talent that may see him produce something from nothing, he'd be a decent striker for Sunderland or West Brom but not for a team apparently still trying to win trophies... Even though I didn't want to see him go, I still maintain that Walcott lacks the footballing qualities to be great. He's just a hit run player and he doesn't have any skills or awareness to call upon to change a game. His finishing has improved immensely but he's a decent squad player for a top team at best, can you imagine teams like Man Utd or Real Madrid relying on a player like Walcott as their main source of goals? It's a joke.

The midfield is all well and good keeping possession and threading lovely passes but there's no striker and no attacking mid either willing to take responsibility and actually get forward and take a shot. A top class striker and good left back was the minimum that I thought Arsenal needed in the transfer window, I wasn't even moaning about another right back or defender or winger or defensive mid or keeper... Wenger went and signed a left back so fair enough but the lack of a striker is just ridiculous.

But I guess Wenger has just been outdoing himself all this time, spending 8mil or 12mil when Utd can throw 20mil on a keeper and Chelsea chucks 30mil on Hazard and City 40mil on Aguero... All these seasons he's been making a transfer profit to fund the stadium and his insane utopian 'every player in the same team should earn the same' wage structure has taken its toll and soon we'll be competing with Sunderland and West Brom for a place in the top half of the table and a decent cup run like the quality that is now left in our squad deserves!!!

P.S. Gervinho is an absolute joke it's a wonder he remembers to breathe.

at least you can concentrate on the PL and the CL now.

rooting for arsenal & dortmund in the champions league btw. i hope i don't see any other teams winning it (maybe Galatasaray i like them)

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oldhams keeper is officially the greatest goal scorer ever now... karate chopping the ball past howard on a corner in the 94th lmao

at least that atrocious call probably wont affect much since i dont see oldham managing to beat everton on the road...

@imanalt... I hope that is a joke.

Honestly a replay isn't good for Oldham, especially since they have to go to Goodison, just adds another game to their plate and more importantly a game that they will no doubt lose.
liverpool - the gift that just keeps on giving

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)