2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Strong finish by van persie imo...

In my mind chicariti should come on for van persie now that welbeck is on so they have a striker with pace out there to push in the counterattack

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whistling it before the corner exactly as the clock ticks to 93 what...?

Beautiful play by de gea and jones to hold real to 1 despite united getting significantly outplayed on the whole

1-1 final

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
everything about the valencia yellow card makes me really upset about the direction football is going in

Evra was through on goal, gets fouled.. no free kick?
more importanly.. why was Evra up front? lol
RVP should have buried that :(
what ref blows the whistle before the end of time and at a corner? after the corner yes.
and Big save Dave lives up to his name

Decent match! I really liked Fergie's team selection, he always pulls out some sort of surprise for big matches and the inclusion of Jones really helped keep their defence tight, while the free roaming front three did its job. I might have liked to see Rooney in the middle 3 and Valencia on the right but he's been in terrible form lately. With CL matches there always seem to be some sort of dodgey refereeing, like blowing the whistle when there's a corner, it just doesn't seem like something that a professional referee would do under normal circumstances right? It just gets me all suspicious and paranoid, like that ridiculous Chelsea game and Arsenal's second leg against Barca when RVP was sent off for no reason when Arsenal was winning. Maybe I just don't trust anything these days...

Also what happened to Ashley Young lately?

we just got raped by zenit. for a club that prides itself on white players, they're pretty much nothing without hulk and witsel's BBCs

i hope we can rape swansea this weekend!! we've been on a dryspell for way too long

Wasn't Zenit's fault though, Liverpool was dressed provocatively!

Speaking of the Zenit game, didn't watch it but from what I heard Suarez seriously needs to maintain focus and finish his chances. Suarez has been scoring a lot more this season but Liverpool have been playing really well in a lot of games, if he was as clinical as RVP I think he'd be top scorer in the PL right now with the amount of clear cut chances he's had. Sturridge's past record suggests he will be able to and Liverpool need a clinical finisher like him playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)