ZUT ZUT ZUTT, MERRY REGIGIGMAS! (Festive Feud Giveaway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So as some of you may know, Gamefreak's latest crazy, weird tournament metagame starts this Thursday: Festive Feud! In this Triples metagame, only Red, White, and Green Pokemon are allowed in the spirit of the holidays!

In this case, there is one obscure legendary Pokemon that... while not normally good, is actually a great option in this metagame. Yep that's right: Gamefreak finally made a metagame where Regigigas is good, and I'll be giving away 30 of these beauties. Feel free to clone them and give em away yourself with no strings attached too, as sharing is caring!

BIG SPECIAL THANKS TO NOVED FOR CLONING THESE FOR ME!

IVs: 31/31/31/31/30/31
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpD / 4 Spe
Moveset: Wide Guard / Thunder Wave / Knock Off / Return
OT: Theorymon
ID: 64264
This Regigigas is Gen 6 Native AKA it has a pentagon!

Just note: you'll want to get Regigigas's happiness up if you want to use Return, so use a sooth bell and walk around / battle with it. Also, Brick Break is a totally viable option as well if you want to break reflect and light screen!

Here's all you gotta do to get this Regigigas!

1. Sign up for the Festive Feud tournament on the Global Link. This is to make sure these Regigigas are going into hands that will actually use them for battle! First, sign in with your Global Link Account in this website http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/

After you've signed in with your Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire account, click on the menu in the top right hand corner, and click "Online Competitions". You should be able to get to the sign up page from there.

2. Take a screenshot showing proof that you signed up for this tournament, and post it in this thread. You can use the print screen (also known as prtsc) button, take a photo, whatever works for you!

3. Upload a Zigzagoon on GTS, asking for a Regigigas. Post your in game name and message in this thread.

Giveaways are great and all, but what use is a Pokemon if you don't know how to use it effectively? That's why I'm gonna go over what to do with Regigigas, and general tips on what to expect from Festive Feud! Click on the hide tag below to learn the art of Regigigas, and Festive Feud in general!

The point of Regigigas

Since this is a Triples metagame, this means that you can expect plenty of spread attacks flying around. In regular Battle Spot Triples, you got plenty of great Wide Guarders such as Hitmontop, Hariyama, and Aegislash. Guess what though... Festive Feud bans pretty much every relevant Triples Wide Guarder, meaning stuff like Mega Gardevoir and Charizard can go on a rampage!

That's where Regigigas steps in: Using your trusty Wide Guard, you can make moves such as Heat Wave, Hyper Voice, Rock Slide, and Earthquake fail to even touch your team! And its not like Protect either: it protects your entire team, and it won't fail based on previous usage! Also, Regigigas's Special Defense investment means that common spread attackers will often have trouble 2HKOing Regigigas outside of insanely strong stuff like Drought Overheat. This pretty much means that Regigigas is built to last!

Outside of that, Regigigas will often Thunder Wave fast threats, and use Knock Off to destroy items, or Brick Break to get rid of dual screens. Return is honestly just there for chip damage. Something to note though: Regigigas is extremely bulky, so there will be times where it gets past the 5 dreaded turns of Slow Start. Even without Attack investment, Regigigas hits very hard, which is a nice bonus! Still, just remember that Regigigas is mainly a support Pokemon, who protects your team from spread moves so your other two opponents can safely deal damage.

The Other Pokemon

While I may just be giving away Regigigas, there's more to this metagame of course! Let's briefly cover what you can expect to find in Festive Feud, and what to do about them!

Spread Attackers

These are very dangerous Pokemon that you can expect to see a lot in Festive Feud! Regigigas can help a lot against these, but remember: Regigigas won't totally solve problems against these Pokemon!

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest / Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Shadow Ball / Imprison / Trick Room
- Protect / Imprison / Trick Room / Hidden Power Fire

Here it is, the most common spread attacker, Mega Gardevoir! Pixilate Hyper Voice hurts like hell, especially when a lot of important Pokemon are weak to it. The Psychic move is there for when you yourself are blocked by Wide Guard, or just want to hit Amoonguss hard. I prefer Psyshock since it hits Mega Charizard Y harder, but Psychic does hit Talonflame harder. The last move is sorta filler. Shadow Ball hits opposing Gardevoir harder, Imprison blocks Protect / Trick Room and stuff opposing Gardevoir is using, and Hidden Power Fire can roast Scizor when paired with Quick Guard. Despite its speed, Mega Gardevoir is also a very capable Trick Roomer, so watch out!

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze / Solar Power
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat / Flamethrower / Tailwind
- Protect

Mega Charizard Y does have some unfortunate weaknesses such as that 4x Rock Slide weak, but in return, its the most powerful spread attacker around most of the time! Heat Wave does massive freaking damage under the sun, while Solarbeam deals with Water-types. Overheat and Flamethrower are your anti Wide Guard attacks, and plus they do more to individual Pokemon under the sun. If you want more support though, feel free to use Tailwind to speed up your team! Funnily enough, Charizard itself loves Wide Guard support to get rid of Rock Slide!

Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Dark Void
-Fake Out
-Wide Guard / Quick Guard
-Quick Guard / Trick / Feint

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo / Moody
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Dark Void
-Fake Out
-Spiky Shield
-Wide Guard / Quick Guard / Trick / Feint / Endeavor

Smeargle isn't exactly a bastion of attacking power... but it has one may be one of the nastiest spread moves of all: Dark Void! Unfortunately for Regigigas, Dark Void actually ignores Wide Guard! This makes Smeargle an extremely dangerous Pokemon that you probably want to prepare for! A lot of them run Choice Scarf to outspeed everything, but some run Focus Sash to take one hit, or be used under Trick Room (which in this case, you'll probably want Relaxed with no Speed EVs). Smeargle is pretty much all about Dark Voiding, so the other moves are a lot more situational (but still useful). Make sure to have a gameplan in handy, such as Prankster Safeguard from Meowstic, or heavy priority (just watch out for Qucik Guard, because people tend to use those with Smeargle!)

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Protect

You can expect to see this thing a lot on Trick Room teams, because good lord is Mega Camerupt powerful! Thanks to Sheer Force, Heat Wave does almost as much as Mega Charizard Y's (and if your opponent has Mega Evovled Charizard... oh god). Outside of that, Earth Power still does p;enty of damage when Heat Wave is blocked by Wide Guard or weakened by Rain, and Ancient Power is your Charizard and Talonflame slaying tool. By the way, you might want to consider pairing Camerupt with Cradily, since that can use Storm Drain to lure away those devastating Water-type attacks!

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Superpower

This is the closest thing to Landorus-T thats allowed in Festive Feud. It's certainly not as good, but it'll do when its one of two only allowed Intimidaters! Earthquake still does nice damage, and Rock Slide hits those flying fire-types hard, and can even flinch! Since this is triples, you probably want to put this thing in the middle, so it Intimidates all 3 Pokemon, and can hit all 3 mons with a spread move! Just watch out for Bisharp and Braviary, who actually get boosted by Intimidate! Knock Off does good damage and destroys items, while Superpower is for hitting Scrafty and other Krookodile hard. Some Krookodile may also elect to run stuff like Focus Sash or Life Orb, but Scarf will probably be the most common since it outspeeds important stuff like Smeargle and Charizard. Also one last thing to note: Your own Regigigas Wide Guard will prevent Earthquake from hitting your teammates, which is pretty handy!

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break

Tyrantrum doesn't seem to have much on the surface, but it does have the most powerful Rock Slide in this metagame. The other notable thing is that it gets Head Smash and Rock Head, which is insanely powerful, OHKOing stuff like Mega Gardevoir! Dragon Claw is pretty much filler for opposing Tyrantrum, and Brick Break destroys screens and lets you smash up Bisharp. Just watch out: Head Smash's 80% accuracy can screw you up at the worst moments!

Jellicent @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cursed Body / Water Absorb
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
-Trick Room
-Water Spout
-Scald
-Shadow Ball

Jellicent may not seem powerful compared to the other opponents, but Water Spout more than makes up for it, especially under the Rain! Jellicent is also one of the best Trick Roomers around, so it can still be a big threat even after its HP is whittled down! Cursed Body is pretty nice for screwing up indiviual Pokemon, but if you want to add to the spread attacks, you can use Surf Politoed or Ludicolo with Water Absorb to keep Jellicent's health up!

Feint and Snatch

These are Regigigas's biggest enemies, since these moves will steal or nullify Wide Guard! Let's look at the common ones so you don't get caught using a bad move!

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind / Quick Guard
- Snatch / Quick Guard

The bird of Smogon gets its holiday groove on! Of course, Gale Wings Brave Bird is the point of Talonflame, but it also happens to be one of the best supporters in Triples and Festive Feud, thanks to having access to Snatch, Quick Guard, and Tailwind. Snatch is especially nasty in the case of Talonflame, because if it takes away your Wide Guard, you can't even Rock Slide it! Talonflame itself also happens to love Wide Guard, so don't be afraid to pair it with your Regigigas!

Scizor @ Life Orb / Metal Coat / Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant / Brave Nature
-Feint
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite / Knock Off / Quick Guard
-Knock Off / Protect / Quick Guard / Tailwind

Scizor is a lot bigger in Festive Feud than normal triples, thanks to all the Mega Gardevoir running around, and a severe lack of Heatran! Feint breaks your guards, and even smacks through Protect, making it a very reliable KO against weakened mons. Bullet Punch smashes Gardevoir, and has good general power. The last moveslot is a bit of a mess though. Bug Bite does a ton of damage to Dark-types, and eats berries too. Knock Off hits Jellicent hard, and gets rid of items. Quick Guard on the other hand, saves your team from opposing priority except for Feint. Finally, Tailwind offers some good speed control.

Scrafty @ Lum Berry / Dark Glasses / Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant / Brave Nature
-Fake Out
-Drain Punch
-Knock Off
-Quick Guard / Snatch / Protect / Rock Slide

Ok this thing isn't guranteed to run Snatch, but its pretty important we talk about Scarfty anyways! Scrafty is the other intimidator of Festive Feud, and its pretty good! Fake Out is an excellent support move, while Drain Punch hits other Dark-types hard while givng Scarfty some survival power. Knock Off hits Jellicent and Bronzong pretty hard, and as a bonus, destroys items! While we already know what Snatch does, Quick Guard is especially useful since Scrafty is a very common target of Talonflame's Brave Bird. If you're using Assault Vest, you can also go with Rock Slide to slam Charizard and Talonflame. Also of note: Scrafty hates Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice, so its a great thing Regigigas is around, isn't it?

Rotom-Formes @ Sitrus Berry / Chesto Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
-Snatch
-Thunderbolt
-Protect / Will-O-Wisp
-Hydro Pump / Overheat / Leaf Storm

A lot of people don't remember that the Rotom-formes get Snatch, so watch out for that! That electric typing and Will-O-Wisp make it a pretty great support Pokemon outside of Snatch as well. Which form you want depends on your needs. Rotom-W is very powerful under the rain, and happens to smash up Mega Camerupt when Cradily is out of the way. Rotom-H is a more reliable Mega Charizard Y check, and roasts Scizor as well. Rotom-C is sorta the odd one out with that unfortunate neutrality to Brave Bird and Fire weakness, but don't be fooled: It's grass typing allows it to take on Ludicolo better than the other formes!

Meowstic Male @ Light Clay / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish / Bold Nature
-Snatch
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Fake Out / Helping Hand / Safeguard / Thunder Wave / Quick Guard

Meowstic is already a Triples staple, and that's because of that amazing movepool! Unlike other Snatchers, this thing has priority dual screens to help protect your team! Meowstic has a ton of other support options, that can actually replace dual screens if you don't need them. Helping Hand is awesome in triples considering the spread attackers, Thunder Wave can quickly cripple a threat, Quick Guard blocks priority (including from other Meowstic!), and Safeguard protects your team from Dark Void. You can also use Safeguard + Swagger to power up your physical attackers if that suits your fancy, and he's a totally viable Trick Roomer too!

Medicham @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: Adamant
-Fake Out
-Feint
-Drain Punch
-Psycho Cut / Zen Headbutt

Medicham is probably the frailest Guard breaker you'll find, but its especially dangerous due to its high attack power! Notably, it hits your Regigigas for super effective damage! Fake Out is great as always, and Psycho Cut will smack Amoonguss around. Also note that Medicham happens to get Quick Guard, though it's pretty hard to fit it in. Finally, if you wanna risk a 10% miss chance in exchange for a bit more power and a 20% flinch chance, Zen Headbutt is available as well.

Kecleon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
-Fake Out
-Feint
-Trick Room
-Foul Play

Kecleon?! Yeah this may seem strange, but this thing has been around high ranking triples players for a while. Its basically a very unique Trick Room support Pokemon thanks to having Fake Out and Feint! It also has Foul Play, which with Protean, can actually deal a pretty serious amount of damage! Shame that there aren't any Aegislash for Kecleon to destroy in Festive Feud like there are in Triples...

There's a lot more to this metagame than this of course! But sadly, I don't have time to write a full article. Don't fret though, you still got more options to learn!

-Take a gander at the Festive Feud metagame thread, which talks about a lot of important Pokemon! Feel free to post any questions you have here too: we'll help you out! http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/online-competition-festive-feud.3556178/

-For a lot of important Festive Feud Pokemon such as Amoonguss, they tend to run the same stuff they do in Triples. Check out the Battle Spot Triples statistics here to learn more about their movesets! http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/#triple

And with that... HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

Last edited:

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
upload_2015-12-7_23-35-38.png

Is this good?

Also I submitted my Zigzagoon looking for a Regigigas

Last edited:
Hi! Just want to check: is this a Pentagon Regigigas? O.o

Either way, I've put up the following:

Deposited: Zigzagoon (lv.3 male)
IGN: Kyle

Thank you so much! :)

Attachments

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi! Just want to check: is this a Pentagon Regigigas? O.o

Either way, I've put up the following:

Deposited: Zigzagoon (lv.3 male)
IGN: Kyle

Thank you so much! :)
Yep, it is indeed a Pentagon Regigigas, since Festive Feud only allows Pentagon Pokemon!

I've also traded with everyone whose posted so far :D

Finally! a Regigigas with a use! Too bad I probably won't use him after this competition (unless they get rid of that dreadful ability or reduce it to 1 turn). XP

Deposited a lvl 2 female Zigzagoon holding a potion
IGN: Sigma

Thank you! I was in need of some sort of Wide Guard Pokemon and it looks like he will fit the bill. :3

Oh and if it gets sniped because it has no level requirement and I have to redeposit what level is the Regi? Otherwise, ignore this part if you successfully send it to me.

Attachments

Last edited:
Great Giveaway..!
I have deposited: Lvl 2 male Zigzagoon
IGN: DoubleD

Thank you so much!!
Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 11.49.14.png

Theorymon

Finally! a Regigigas with a use! Too bad I probably won't use him after this competition (unless they get rid of that dreadful ability or reduce it to 1 turn). XP

Deposited a lvl 2 female Zigzagoon holding a potion
IGN: Sigma

Thank you! I was in need of some sort of Wide Guard Pokemon and it looks like he will fit the bill. :3

Oh and if it gets sniped because it has no level requirement and I have to redeposit what level is the Regi? Otherwise, ignore this part if you successfully send it to me.
Don't worry: If weirdos ever keep sniping a Zigzagoon with Regigigases, I'll just do a personal trade!

Also, while there's a good chance that this is the only time Regigigas is gonna be useful... I'm gonna probably try it in regular Triples too, just in case. I mean... it is bulky and lacks the weaknesses of the other Wide Guarders. Don't get your hopes up too much though, I'll have to do a lot of testing to determine if theres any legit reason to use Regigigas in regular battle spot triples :P

Anyways, traded the Regigigas to you two, got 23 left!

IGN:YourRival
Poke: level 7 zigzagoon
Hope i uploaded the pic correctly. I was actualy going to SR Regigigas for that very reason today but i would be happy for some saved time so this is realy handy.
Thanks a bunch for the great giveaway!

Attachments

Hi! I would like to get a Regigigas too, and try it out to see how it goes :) My 3DS is Japanese, so it reads Japanese on the registration page; it is still Festive Feud though. And it is screen-captured with my phone, hope you don't mind.

IGN: Sapphire
Pokemon deposited: Female Zigzagoon, level 2

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

IGN: Stitch
Deposited Poochyena lv2
The screenshot is in italian, but you can translate "Hai effettuato l'iscrizione alla gara Baruffa Festiva - Categoria Master" with a translator to check ;)

IGN: Stitch
Deposited a lv 2 female Poochyena
The screenshot is in italian, but you can translate "Hai effettuato l'iscrizione alla gara Baruffa Festiva - Categoria Master" with a translator to check ;)

Last edited:
IGN : Doliprane500
Pokemon : Zigzaton lvl 2 FemaleMessage : Merry Regigigmas ! :3
Capture d’écran 2015-12-08 à 19.50.43.png

Sorry i'm french so the language is in french :c

Awesome GA! :D

Deposited a Level 2 female zigzagoon, requesting Regigigas
IGN: Cannibal

Thank you! <3

Last edited:
Hi theorymon,

Thank you so much for doing this giveaway. I wasn't originally planning on going through the trouble to get a good Regigigas.

I deposited a lv 2 female Zigzagoon.
IGN: Chris

Last edited:
Deposited lev 2 male Zigzagoon from IGN Issy requesting Regigigas with message Theorymon. All signed up

Thanks very much for the giveaway and for the tips as well :)

Edit: Received and thanks again :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)