Serious Zimmerman Acquitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really hope most of you never get served for jury duty. If you're going to take this kind of attitude and insist a person is guilty based solely on what you've seen in the news, we might as well just convert every available open building to a prison right now. We'll be needing all the space we can get with all the zealots handing down decisions...

^ Admittedly, the news is all anyone here has. I'm pretty sure nobody else that happens to be here was in that courtroom and hearing the cases of the prosecution and the defendant directly. What do you want them to do?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
^At least some simple research, to find out things like that NBC completely edited the original 911 call to show racism that wasn't there

For that matter, why the fuck are we still listening to Al Sharpton? Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you; this is like what the seventh or eighth time he's accused someone of a hate crime that didn't pan out? Take him off the air already, my god.

Thats the good thing about media... You don't have to listen to someone you don't want to hear. That is why DK's selective use of media (cnn in this instance) to explain his point is intriguing and hypocritical.

I really hope most of you never get served for jury duty. If you're going to take this kind of attitude and insist a person is guilty based solely on what you've seen in the news, we might as well just convert every available open building to a prison right now. We'll be needing all the space we can get with all the zealots handing down decisions...
As opposed to the current US state where you've got a higher portion of the population incarcerated than the fucking soviet union?

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
you guys are focusing way too much on the tree instead of the forest in this situation

i feel like people who are simply arguing about if zimmerman was a racist or not completely miss the point of what people mean when they say this is a case about racism-

its not about a single, person to person encounter- i dont know if zimmerman was a racist or not (to me, his actions indicated he did indeed have some sort of prejudice, but that's not really important), and its not about the character of either zimmerman or martin
i dont know if this was a hate crime or not, that's missing the point of why this case was important

its about the long standing, institutionalized racism in this country
it is about the justice system and a society following the longstanding idea of the inferiority of minorities;

a minority was killed and under a ridiculous law and the person who killed them was not reprimanded in any way at all. this person followed trayvon against the advice of 911 dispatchers and trayvon ended up dead from a gunshot wound. in this country, if you accidentally run over and kill somebody over with a car, you are faced with manslaughter. trayvon was purposely shot and his killer did not receive any punishment whatsoever

he was protected under a law that just months ago was rejected as a defense when a black woman fired a warning shot at her abusive ex husband
nobody was even hurt and she was sentenced to 20 years in prison

the hypocrisy of this law is astounding and the people who can only be assed to look at zimmerman rather than the atmosphere of the country clearly dont have a clue as to why this case is important

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
DK when you get rid of your fear of black people then we can have a logical discussion about the case. This is the same fear that led zimmerman to get out his car in the first place. Every kind of walk of life from presidents to the homeless have smoked weed and put up the middle finger so I don't get the point of spamming pitcures of martin doing that. Zimmerman didn't see those pics when he approached him and that is why they were left out of the case.
Excuse me, but can we stop associating every single thing with racial business?

It's getting really annoying, the whole thing is being twisted by the media.
And then there are crusaders like you, who think about stuff like "Oh! An ethnic minority! Help needed immediately!"
Which is even more racist-- according to the UN's definition of racism (look that up yourself) -- because you obviously are pretending that all of the people from this certain race are defenseless nice people, and you like to coin anyone from the opposing side as "racist".

Seriously, in every single race, there will be bad people and good people, but right now, you are obviously giving privileges to a certain group.

If the photos of Zimmerman's injury are from the police station, they are very unlikely to be fake.
And IF Trayvon could injure him like that, he's not a defenseless little kid, is he?

He's the neighbourhood watcher, and is legal to carry a gun although not encouraged.
If he conceives threat of his life and his neighbourhood, it's called self defense, not murder.

Murder itself does not even apply to every situation where a guy is killed.
In law, murder only refers to a situation where the killer HAS the INTENTION to kill that person.
Applies to other countries too.

Manslaughter, well... they would have a better chance of winning if they accused Zimmerman for manslaughter, really.
But somehow, in America, you have this self-defense and stand-your-ground law.
Now this is special.
Because in many other countries, you still are not allowed to kill anyone during self defense.
Some countries even disallow self-defense, meant to run away and call the police.

I personally am against the self-defense/ stand your ground law though, because I personally think that killing anyone no matter what the intention is should be charged of at least something, instead of being completely free. Killing anybody is just too brutal for me. I think it would be more appropriate to disarm a person during self defense, instead of being allowed to kill.

Anyway, if you understand none of the above,
I suppose understanding that Zimmerman is part black is a bit easier?
Zimmerman has a white father and a Peruvian mother who's part Hispanic and part black. (proven!)
That is, if you think that race should be part of a logical argument.

Sorry if it hurts, but this is probably the most polite way I could think of right now, because I'm obviously angered by how twisted the media is, and that the lack of knowledge and research ability of some crusaders.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
@kd24 - yeah, sorry for bringing up Davis. I was just bemused that the "right to life" was finally being acknowledged, and wanted to poke the bear a little. I get shit brought up about me in threads I haven't even posted in, just figured a little fair play is well within the unspoken rules of decorum in this forum. Don't like it? I'll turn around in an instant if you want to get some standards around here.

You mean you like the unity of an unthinking mob trying to turn George Zimmerman into George Wallace? Jesus Christ also brought the unity of all walks of life to one cause when the Pharisees and their assembled supporters shouted "CRUCIFY! CRUCIFY!" during his hearing with Pontius Pilate. That behavior isn't new or even original.

Nor is your behavior of putting evil thoughts into the minds of people who don't share your view of the world. I don't know why your philosophy and logical process is so weak it requires you to think people who disagree are full of hate and bigotry - but I will say it's an indication that maybe you should be a lot less judgmental and actually study the issues independently rather than regurgitate talking points. Get out of your bubble world.

But lets get back on this racial thing. Breitbart has a timeline of the media coverage that desperately tried to paint Zimmerman as the poster child for white racism: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/07/13/Media-Zimmerman-Coverage-Rap-Sheet

Problem is, Zimmerman is Peruvian. His great-grandfather had very dark skin. Zimmerman comes from one of the most multi-racial families in America.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...-grandparents-would-have-looked-lot-george-zi

George Zimmerman's great-grandfather holding George Zimmerman's mother when she was a toddler.
I just want to say upfront that I've thoroughly enjoyed your attack on the media portrayal of Zimmerman. And I know that sounds sarcastic probably, but I can't word it any better other than saying "Yeah, actually you're way right on that". So... good on you.

And now I'm going to switch gears from praising your good arguments to pointing out your shit ones.

George Zimmerman saw a young guy wearing a dark hoodie walking close to houses on a rainy night, in a neighborhood that had a recent rash of break-ins committed by young guys likely wearing Martin's style of clothing and around Martin's age.
The bolded words imply that even you recognize this as conjecture.

Given he has his own history wearing county orange, he might have thought Martin was casing houses from stories he heard in hail or general knowledge of criminal behavior. So he called the police via the 911 dispatcher.
Holy shit, that's like the most convenient set-up for a plot ever. Man goes to jail, and is tutored in all the ways of criminology by the masters themselves and upon release becomes a master investigator. Fiction aside, I don't see how walking down a street listening to music holding skittles and Arizona in the middle of the night is "normal criminal behavior for casing a place they're going to rob." That sounds more like "the most dense criminal behavior in the history of all criminals, especially for one who has gotten away with robbing multiple houses in the same area".

Then again, if you're point with this line of thought was proving Zimmerman as a moron with horrible judgment, then by all means, this story supports that claim. However I believe your story was an attempt to have a non-racist person find themselves in this situation. Frankly that's not possible, there is a racist sentiment inherent in this no matter how you look at it. That said I'm still not sure if Zimmerman is actually racist or just so stupid he accidentally was racist.

Sharpton is now going around trying to rile up riots (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/07/15/NBCs-Al-Sharpton-Plans-Protest-in-100-Cities) on the [unstated by him] basis that police are part of the problem.
Irrelevant to everything else but I found this line amusing. "He's doing something for this reason, even though no one has ever said that's the reason, but I know how they think, that is the TRUE reason." The level of assumption is just A+.

More to the point Zimmerman didn't even give Martin's race until asked to by the dispatcher. NBC edited that tape to make it look otherwise and fuel the white racism false narrative, but the fact is he thought Martin was acting suspicious probably on the basis of what clothes he was wearing and how close he was walking to the houses.
This is the first I've heard of Trayvon Martin walking "suspiciously close to houses", so either I'm uninformed, or you're making another assumption. Not sure. Honestly, not that important.

Martin was in Zimmerman's neighborhood.
No, Martin was in his own neighborhood. He has every right to be where he was considering he was living there. Unless you're saying this from Zimmerman's perspective to outline his stupidity again, at which point, I don't disagree, Zimmerman was a very irrational moron who made way too many assumptions.

Zimmerman has every right to walk around there ask people there what they are up to. What I imagine happened is that Zimmerman tried to talk to Martin after the call just to explain that he'd called the dispatcher and was waiting for the police, just to be safe given the neighborhood has had a bunch of break-ins recently. You can question the wisdom of confronting someone you just called the police on, and maybe that's what set off the physical altercation. Only Zimmerman has the potential of knowing, and who knows what trauma he suffered altered his memory of that night.
Alright, the first sentence is perfectly correct. It's rather rude and presumptuous, but not 'wrong'. However everything after that is complete fabrication. And sure, it's possible to create a story in which Zimmerman isn't all that bad of a guy, just an idiot, but that doesn't prove anything. All it proves is that it's possible he is just an idiot, and not some comical villain who is out to "get the blacks". Not that he necessarily is just an idiot, only that it's possible. It's also just as possible to paint a line of thought that shows him as some villainesque caricature of a person who thinks "all them silverbacks are just horrible scum".

As a said before though, even if he's just an idiot who makes too many assumptions, at least one of those assumptions is racist, as I'll touch on later.

The other problem is Purple Drank. (http://www.examiner.com/article/trayvon-s-skittles-arizona-tea-and-something-called-purple-drank) The night of the incident Martin had Skittles and a can of Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail [that is the product name, spare me the hyperventilating] - which are two ingredients in the Purple Drank mixture (the other being cough syrup [Codeine]). If what I suggested above and Zimmerman tried to talk to Martin and explain he called the police just to see if Martin knew anything, and Martin was holding 2/3rds of the ingredients for Purple Drank - whether he was going to make it or not - he might have panicked thinking the police would arrest him for that and that's when the beating started.
Or he could've just been to the store to buy some Skittles and Arizona, which are rather popular snacks, and perhaps being threatened by an armed man who has 70 pounds and has lived half a lifetime longer than him is threatening enough in itself that he panicked and tried to fight Zimmerman.

Again, we can paint pictures with the given facts but they don't prove anything. And really you should be more aware of what you're implying with the way you paint the pictures "Zimmerman is a misguided person who made some mistakes that night, but Trayvon was trying to make an illegal drink and had run-ins with the law before, of the two he was clearly the worse person." I'm sure that's a claim you don't want to make, because of the two, only one has killed a fellow human being. As you're so fond of saying, "the onus" is on the people claiming Zimmerman's a racist, you'd be better off pointing out where they make their assumptions and misguided thoughts, rather than trying to prove he ISN'T a racist, because it ends up making you look bad.

Now, Martin had trouble in school as well. In fact he was suspended from Krop High School in Miami-Dade county and he was living with his father's girlfriend the night of the incident. There's an article pointing out that because of Miami-Dade school system's attempt to improve their crime statistics through bureaucratic redefinition, some of Martin's criminal behaviors went uncorrected as they were redefined to disciplinary actions. (http://spectator.org/blog/2013/07/15/trayvon-crime-school-miami) Martin doesn't live in Sanford, unfortunately his family life is not as good as I imagine he and everyone looking into this wishes it were.
These are all true, but you're missing the point. It doesn't matter if Trayvon was a mass murderer, Zimmerman didn't know any of that, and even if his assumptions proved accurate they were still assumptions.

As I said before, Zimmerman also had brushes with the law, and the most popular photo of Zimmerman in the media was in his "county orange" jumpsuit mugshot.

Bottom Line:

Neither of these guys are saints. Both of them had bad judgement that night, and it ended up getting one of them killed.
This is true, no complaints here.

The problem is that in the aftermath people are being stupid and insisting that calling the police is racist, following a guy wearing form-concealing clothes who isn't from your neighborhood is racist, and being overzealous in trying to protect your community after a rash of break-ins is racist.

People would rather call anything racist that deal with the fact that walking around at night in a neighborhood that has break-ins wearing the same clothes and fitting the same general description of the suspects is going to earn you scrutiny if the neighborhood watch captain is making the rounds. The people crying racism seem to think the ONLY thing that might cause suspicion is Martin's skin color, when the fact is his clothing and behavior are the more likely triggers.
First, clothing and behavior being more likely triggers has been entirely conjecture.

ALRIGHT. Here we go.

Why is Zimmerman a racist? Why can't he just be an idiot?

Well, because even if he's an idiot, part of his assumptions have an inherent racism in them. "Fitting the same general description" of previous break-in suspects? That's just it, it was a general description. To paraphrase one of my favorite films: Oh, and no young black male wearing a hoodie and walking through a gated neighborhood late at night could possibly belong there, therefore couldn't possibly be any other young black male than the burgler. Is that what you're saying?

Zimmerman took the description of "Young Black Male" and assumed the first one he saw was the burgler. Can you not see how that's slightly racist? Even if it's just from pure idiocy, assuming that any young black male in this neighborhood that late at night has no business being there is in part racist. Not entirely racist, or only racist mind you. It's not just because he is black, but rather because he is black AND young AND male. So slightly sexist, racist, and... agist? Overall just bigoted. He didn't follow Trayvon around to find out more, to see if he lived there, or if he was visiting a friend's place, he made an assumption, called the police, and even confronted Trayvon for no other reason than he fit the description of "Young Black Male". He discriminated against Trayvon on the basis of a description that fits around 10 million people (Black Male, Ages 15-30). The implication that any one of those 10 million people are equally worthy of suspicion for the crimes of one is horrendously bigoted.

Now are his reasons SOLELY because of race, no of course not, but race is a factor in it, no matter how you slice it. Racism isn't... for lack of a better term, "Black and White". The world is not separated into pure black-hating racists, and normal people. It's not as if race has to be the ONLY reason for him to be racist, just the fact that race itself is a reason at all is enough for it to be racist.

Keep in mind, I agree that the race aspect of this case has been heavily hyped up and overblown, but I disagree with the idea that there isn't a race aspect of this case.

All you have to ask yourself is - if Zimmerman saw a white kid in a hoodie that looked like he was casing houses, would he have called the dispatcher? Zimmerman seems pretty cowardly and meek, so I'd say yes.
I know this was entirely unintentional, but adding the qualifiers to Zimmerman being cowardly and weak makes it seem as if you need more reasons to call the cops on a white kid as opposed to a black kid, and one of those reasons is "cowardice".

That's just regular funny, but I know you didn't mean it that way.

@jynx

You misunderstood the entire point.... The point is that those pictures don't really prove anything or add anything to the discussion... I can grab 5 random teenagers 13-17 of any race or background in america and I guarantee someone has at least tried weed or has touched a gun. The fact that the media used his younger pictures is irrelevant... You didn't see Amanda Todd's naked pictures in the media when that story was big did you? No... you saw the pictures of her happy and smiling.... So what is the problem with trayvon? People are acting like those pictures are proof that Martin was the big bad "6'2 athletic thug" aggressor that attacked poor little cop beater zimmerman. Like you and others I believe both persons made mistakes during the incident... But I know for a fucking fact if he would have backed down and waited for the police to show up he would be living a normal life.

Let me address the race issue also.... This isn't a black vs white issue... Who really gives a fuck if zimmerman is 2/169th black.. If Zimmerman was black and the situation was still the same there would probably still be the same amount of coverage... It is a judicial system vs blacks/minority issue.

-Black kid gets killed

-Zimmerman gets set free for self defense

-Racist start rubbing it in with trayvon gun range shit

-People have marches and rallies

-Zimmerman finally gets arrested.

I think any biases created by the media were offset by the biases of the Florida judicial system and the atrocities of the racist community.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
@jynx

You misunderstood the entire point.... The point is that those pictures don't really prove anything or add anything to the discussion... I can grab 5 random teenagers 13-17 of any race or background in america and I guarantee someone has at least tried weed or has touched a gun. The fact that the media used his younger pictures is irrelevant... You didn't see Amanda Todd's naked pictures in the media when that story was big did you? No... you saw the pictures of her happy and smiling.... So what is the problem with trayvon? People are acting like those pictures are proof that Martin was the big bad "6'2 athletic thug" aggressor that attacked poor little cop beater zimmerman. Like you and others I believe both persons made mistakes during the incident... But I know for a fucking fact if he would have backed down and waited for the police to show up he would be living a normal life.

Let me address the race issue also.... This isn't a black vs white issue... Who really gives a fuck if zimmerman is 2/169th black.. If Zimmerman was black and the situation was still the same there would probably still be the same amount of coverage... It is a judicial system vs blacks/minority issue.

-Black kid gets killed

-Zimmerman gets set free for self defense

-Racist start rubbing it in with trayvon gun range shit

-People have marches and rallies

-Zimmerman finally gets arrested.

I think any biases created by the media were offset by the biases of the Florida judicial system and the atrocities of the racist community.
Oh, I should have been more specific as to what photos I was talking about.
I wasn't referring to the photos of Trayvon.
I was referring to the injuries of Zimmerman.

So my point was that Zimmerman was injured on the front and the back of his head.

I mean, if I was injured like that, I think I'd probably fight back as hard as I could, whether legal or not.

Well... I do think that Zimmerman should be charged of something. Just not murder.
I don't understand why they decide to accuse him for murder, the one who decided that is faulty. He/ she could be inexperienced/ overly ambitious, or many other reasons.
It's a true tragedy that they picked the wrong term to accuse.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
found this on reddit and thought it was interesting

The facts:
  • Zimmerman claimed to be trying to follow from a safe distance just so police would have a chance to question Martin. There had been break ins and what George did really isn't any different than what other neighborhood watches have done in the past. Martin didn't like being followed so he gave Zimmerman the slip, hid in the shadows, waiting for Zimmerman to pass, and then Martin approached Zimmerman from behind, initiated the confrontation and broke Zimmerman's nose. No evidence or testimony has ever contradicted this.
  • Other than the single point blank gun shot wound, Martin had no injuries. Zimmerman on the other hand looked beaten all to hell. This was consistent with Zimmerman being on the receiving end of an unexpected one sided beat down.
  • When investigating officers lied and told Zimmerman that they had footage of the incident, Zimmerman was relieved, and said something along the lines of, "Thank God! I was hoping someone would have filmed to help prove what happened." This convinced the officer that Zimmerman was telling the truth.
  • Trayvon who has been regularly depicted in the media as younger and practically a saint, was actually suspended from school, not for being absent, but for having drugs and possible stolen goods at school. While he no doubt also had his sweet side, his twitter handle was “No_Limit_Nigga” filled with gangsta nonsense, and the only racial slurs ever uttered in the case were said by Trayvon and not Zimmerman. I'm not saying that any of this proves Trayvon was guilty or by any means deserved to die. The only thing that the evidence clearly points to Trayvon being guilty of is initiating the Assault on Zimmerman.
  • The officers who investigated the shooting found no probable cause for arrest, because every part of Zimmerman's story was supported by the limited evidence. The chief of police later lost his job because he refused to arrest Zimmerman without more evidence, despite all the political pressure. The normal prosecutor didn't take this case for 'mysterious' reasons, likely because he didn't want to take a losing case and prosecute a man who as so obviously innocent. Normally the prosecutor gets to decide if he wants to pursue a case, but not this time, the activist pressure was too high. Even the ringers they brought in to substitute never really presented a good alternate explanation, and admitted in summation that the only two who really knew what happened were Zimmerman and Trayvon. It's obviously way past reasonable doubt when even the prosecutor can't say he knows the guy did it.
Essentially this open and shut case only went to trial because racist racial activists went off before the facts were in and they even realized that George Zimmerman wasn't even white.
You can argue that getting out of the car wasn't smart, but the evidence shows George Zimmerman did nothing wrong.
THE SOURCES (Since everyone I mention this to immediately asks me for them anyway.)
Point 1. The videotaped walkthrough of the scene of the crime and the recounting of that night that Zimmerman did with the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1sxARNq_c
Point 2. Summaries of the autopsy of Martin and medical examination of Zimmerman's injuries.
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/world/Trayvon+Martin+wound+backs+shooter+story+pathologist+says/8638161/story.html
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/10/george-zimmerman-murder-trayvon-martin-autopsy
Point 3. The investigating officer testifying on the "It looks like he recorded the whole thing," bluff. Skip to 1:16:00 to cut to the chase.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoPhJP5TmJo
Point 4. Links on Martin's Checkered past.
Caught with Weed Pipe and Marijuana Bag at school - http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Trayvon-Martin-Suspended-From-School-Three-Times-Report-144403305.html
Caught with suspected stolen property and burglarly tools at school -http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html
Thug life Twitter Feed: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/the-daily-caller-obtains-trayvon-martins-tweets/
Martin's Racial Slurs: http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06/saturday-night-card-game-would-zimmerman-case-have-been-filed-if-creepy-ass-cracker-comment-known/
Point 5. Video of the interview with the Police chief who was fired for refusing to arrest Zimmerman for lack of evidence. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaiO23GcGzY

also i just reread the thread and saw deck knight has posted p much all of this but in his classic deck knight tone. i rly hope ppl are attacking him for the deck knight tone and not the facts in his posts because what hes posting about (not how hes posting) is pretty much spot on.

• Trayvon who has been regularly depicted in the media as younger and practically a saint, was actually suspended from school, not for being absent, but for having drugs and possible stolen goods at school. While he no doubt also had his sweet side, his twitter handle was “No_Limit_Nigga” filled with gangsta nonsense, and the only racial slurs ever uttered in the case were said by Trayvon and not Zimmerman. I'm not saying that any of this proves Trayvon was guilty or by any means deserved to die. The only thing that the evidence clearly points to Trayvon being guilty of is initiating the Assault on Zimmerman.

Point 4. Links on Martin's Checkered past.
Caught with Weed Pipe and Marijuana Bag at school - http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Trayvon-Martin-Suspended-From-School-Three-Times-Report-144403305.html
Caught with suspected stolen property and burglarly tools at school -http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html
Thug life Twitter Feed: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/the-daily-caller-obtains-trayvon-martins-tweets/
Martin's Racial Slurs: http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06/saturday-night-card-game-would-zimmerman-case-have-been-filed-if-creepy-ass-cracker-comment-known/
Point 5. Video of the interview with the Police chief who was fired for refusing to arrest Zimmerman for lack of evidence.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaiO23GcGzY
The post was reasonable until this.... why not bring up Zimmerman's actual criminal past? None of this stuff about trayvon actually means anything. TM having a "thug life" twitter (stupid saying.. what does "thug life" even mean.) and getting caught with weed have nothing to do with the case and does not reflect any actions that night. I would question Zimmerman's history before trayvon's..... If Zimmerman could assault a cop what do you think he would do or say to a teenager? You basically assume that because of his twitter and pictures that TM attacked first... Which is dumb....

"he has an urban teenage lifestyle he must have attacked that man"
all i see out of DK and that reddit post.

Oh and everything you quoted arent facts at all. It is opinion.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
All of that. You can take the media angled anti-racism crusade out of the door along with yourselves. Miscarriage of the system my ass. To the contrary this is proof that the system is working splendidly.

Curtains said:
have nothing to do with the case and does not reflect any actions that night
Wrong. It corrobates and backs up the fact that Martin was an actually capable and completely willing to undermine the law and also be involved highly dangerous and violent acts like burglary and the 'being assaulted by black guy' part was not part-fabrication of some racist imaginings.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
You basically assume that because of his twitter and pictures that TM attacked first... Which is dumb....

"he has an urban teenage lifestyle he must have attacked that man"
all i see out of DK and that reddit post.

Oh and everything you quoted arent facts at all. It is opinion.
i knew you were dumb but not this dumb holy fuck

only point 4 of those relates to trayvons past, its not a "TM attacked first because he was scum" its a THERES PHYSICAL EVIDENCE THAT TELLS US HE ATTACKED FIRST"

and you need to learn what a fact and an opinion are god dam

Wrong. It corrobates and backs up the fact that Martin was an actually capable and completely willing to undermine the law and also be involved highly dangerous and violent acts like burglary and the 'being assaulted by black guy' part was not part-fabrication of some racist imaginings.
You associate having a twitter and smoking weed with being highly dangerous? How about beating up a cop? You can't even do that in video games....

only point 4 of those relates to trayvons past, its not a "TM attacked first because he was scum" its a THERES PHYSICAL EVIDENCE THAT TELLS US HE ATTACKED FIRST"
Those Pictures and his school records are not physical evidence numbnut. That is why that stuff wasn't even in the case. Also turn off the caps this is an adult conversation. How can you make an assumption like that based on his past? The fight wasn't premeditated on TM's part.... You can't look at someone's twitter and say "oh hes gonna attack someone". Get real.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Those Pictures and his school records are not physical evidence numbnut. That is why that stuff wasn't even in the case. Also turn off the caps this is an adult conversation. How can you make an assumption like that based on his past? The fight wasn't premeditated on TM's part.... You can't look at someone's twitter and say "oh hes gonna attack someone". Get real.
the twitter feed doesn't prove anything, you're right. However, it does corroborate Zimmerman's story of a youth who's a lot more likely to start a fight than the media's pictures of him as a 12 year old would have you to believe.

Another thought: "Adult conversation" doesn't simply translate to the formatting of your post, it also addresses the content. I would argue that Rey is having a much more adult conversation with his presentation of facts and drawing of conclusions (ie logic) than you are with your repeatedly fucking up this (and most OU) thread with a bunch of unsubstantiated "nuh uh" and ad hominem, regardless of whether he is using caps lock

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
The facts:
  • Zimmerman claimed to be trying to follow from a safe distance just so police would have a chance to question Martin. There had been break ins and what George did really isn't any different than what other neighborhood watches have done in the past. Martin didn't like being followed so he gave Zimmerman the slip, hid in the shadows, waiting for Zimmerman to pass, and then Martin approached Zimmerman from behind, initiated the confrontation and broke Zimmerman's nose. No evidence or testimony has ever contradicted this.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/26/justice/zimmerman-trial

The lady Martin was talking to while this happened said it didn't happen that way. I watched the walkthrough and I still haven't seen any evidence that Martin attacked first. I'll keep looking though.

Its sad how many people assume their conclusions are "facts".

Where are the stats that say that TM was more likely to start a fight than any of the other millions of teenagers on earth?

Also rey copied and pasted an opinion piece from reddit and added 2 lines of commentary on deck knight. Thats not even a conversation its copy paste.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Where are the stats that say that TM was more likely to start a fight than any of the other millions of teenagers on earth?
I never said that, I said a 17-year old kid with a twitter called No_Limit_Nigga who posts pics of himself smoking weed and flipping the bird is more likely to start a fight than a smiling 12 year old in a red t-shirt.

do you lack basic reading comprehension? I said a 17-year old kid with a twitter called No_Limit_Nigga who posts pics of himself smoking weed and flipping the bird is more likely to start a fight than a smiling 12 year old in a red t-shirt.
I can read just fine thank you. However, I just don't understand your faulty logic... What does the age comparison even have anything to do with the case? 12 year old TM could have easily gotten into as many fights as older TM. Older TM might not have gotten into many fights at all.... Like I said you can't take a twitter handle and then write a book on someone. Assumptions like that are just so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)