Other XY Icon Compendium

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Megas would have to be old fashioned way but I could make sure they don't overlap and kill 12 mons in one vid relatively easily.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't care since they are unreleased and we probably won't have them until they are released.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Hey Antar I've done a first round of videos now that I got a new XL.

UTYW-WWWW-WWW3-ZM8Z
LTHW-WWWW-WWW3-ZM9W
CSBG-WWWW-WWW3-ZM93
9XAW-WWWW-WWW3-ZLRZ
W3LW-WWWW-WWW3-ZLRT
MWEG-WWWW-WWW4-XR3S

I know ium wants some mons on the dex so for those we'll conduct the old trades, but this should help when we can't all meet together.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Ok so I've just uploaded most of the minisprites to the site, and the rest will all be along shortly enough but for now I'm going to detail the numbering scheme that was used for the sprites. When compared to the past one ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/onsite-sprite-numbering-compendium.3463775/ ) the numbering system works until alternate forms arrived then the index number no longer matches the national dex number.

This order fixes that, all pokemon can be found via their national dex number: 1.png is Bulbasaur, and 3.png is Venusaur, 3. Mega Venusaur is 3-m.png, Mega Charizard X is 6-mx.png. The dashes to state alternate forms are very logical, 'm' for mega 'f' for female, although rotom uses it for frost. I also need a suggestion for Rotom-fan with I have as 479-s.png which stands for spin, or maybe shit who knows I forget. Florges lines uses the first initial for all non-red colours, Gastrodon uses pink as cannon, and I don't have blue/east yet.

Vivillon forms all use -*** to signify their coat, since using one or two letters wouldn't be enough we have three. Meadow is default of course

The current ones are here: http://www.smogon.com/media/sprites/xy/mini/

(if there are just Kalos ones at the moment the others are probably still watiting in the scms).

I'm going to pin sandshrewz for feedback who has been of much help and assists greatly in sprite to site uploading in the past. If anyone has any suggestions make a quick statement here perhaps or message me. Once they are all done I'm sure people won't like me changing them willynilly.

Last edited:

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Layell yea following the national dex number would be the best. In fact that's what this project did. The BW minisprites on-site also follow the national dex no. http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bwmini/ is the index. I've also merged your commit in the SCMS. Note that the xymini folder should probably be moved from the SCMS to the main repo in future when it's done so it would be in /download/sprites/xymini/ then perhaps a folder for animated minisprites if that were to happen. Great work there! :)

edit: regarding Rotom etc formes; just use the annotation used when writing their names. So Rotom-S for fan is right yea. Same for Wormadam and other Pokemon with formes.

Is it possible for me to use the above mentioned sprites for my project? (PokeDB)
I already know how to download them easily, but I'd like permission to do so.
The sprites directly trough a zip would be the best though.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Yeah they will be free to use, I'm not going to make a public zip until I get them all. Sandz there aren't animated versions, as far as I can tell they just move in position up and down on the bottom screen, so no need for animations there.

also big ugghhh why are they not being ordered numerically I don't even know.

Another thing what would be the advantage of moving the mini sprites to the other repo? I do sort of like having them all found here: http://www.smogon.com/media/sprites/xy/

then again the xy custom sprites are a thing I'll constantly update and after I finish this I'll probably never look at these things again.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They're ordered more like 'alphabetically' :d hmm there isn't really an advantage of moving it to the main repo but that's where all the mini sprites and normal sprites sans XY are. Probably just to standardize where all of them are I guess. Or perhaps just copy the file there since people are already using the image path for the urls so just not to break them I guess :d where the sprites are located is trivial matter though so up to chaos's preference or whoever idk ?_?

Hi guys, I'm making an IconDex on DeviantArt which is almost finished. However I still need some cleaned icons; Articuno, Togetic, Grumpig, Spiritomb, Krokorok, Mega-Venusaur, Gyarados, Mewtwo Y, Ampharos, Blaziken, Garchomp, White Florges, Blue Basculin, Unown forms, Castform forms and some Furfrou.
I would be really thankful if some helped me with that.
http://krocf4.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-X-Y-IconDex-398921766

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
We'll be finishing soon, right now I'm just Deoxys hunting.

(also thanks for some of the ones you collected Kroc)

I'll only be doing Unown A for now, I have no care for the others.

We'll be finishing soon, right now I'm just Deoxys hunting.

(also thanks for some of the ones you collected Kroc)

I'll only be doing Unown A for now, I have no care for the others.
I already got the Deoxys formes. I don't get why people want all the Unown forms.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
hmm ok time to clean up I suppose

RJKW-WWWW-WWW4-5CGE
T6FW-WWWW-WWW4-5GYF
R6ZG-WWWW-WWW4-5HKZ

Antar if we finish these plus the 6 megas I still have, Cherrim, + Castform weather this will be the last of what Smogon and PS needs, what other sites might wants (Unown, Deerings for one) we don't care about/can let someone else finish.

Last edited:
Aaah, thanks so much for all this! Would you be willing to screenshot the Unowns and Deerlings if I got the battle videos together and did all the getting icons out of screenshots? Twelve icons per video only means like three screenshots, right?

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
^That's super-cool. But the question is, can minisprites change mid battle in PS! ?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
With the exception of Unown/Deerling/Sawsbuck alts this project is done.

I will post a public zip in the coming day.

Thank you so much for doing this for the community. I have implemented them in my program as you can see.
Just beautiful.

IMG-20140126-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20140126-WA0003.jpg

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Since we've been able to extract sprites from the game we no longer need capture cards. I already grabbed the ORAS stuff from ProjectPokemon and Veekun has provided clean rips of the previous icons. Grab them from those sources.

MBCMechachu

formerly Pikafan2000
is an Artist
Since we've been able to extract sprites from the game we no longer need capture cards. I already grabbed the ORAS stuff from ProjectPokemon and Veekun has provided clean rips of the previous icons. Grab them from those sources.
I have tried but I dont know how to get the icons from project pokemon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)