Wi-Fi Blacklist: as of January 30th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'd just like to say thanks for resolving this matter so early for me.
I got my Raikou back. (was afraid Omar would have mass redistributed it.)

@ Dark Ryu - I went through all of this guys Pokemon and it's pretty ridiculous. You happen to have every pokemon he has. Even when you only have one nature it happens to be the same as his, with the exception of the Absol, which he downgraded to adamant. He was prone to replacing 31 with 21 and vice versa.

This is blatant.

Blacklisting.
I just noticed a new guy, just joined and has a merely identical thread, same wants, but just with a new layout.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57300

It's pretty clear he is bypassing his ban, hope this helped.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=35779

Psychic Surfer, this guy is trying to trade his Shiny 10 ANIV stuff to Pokeguy (you can ask him) which he got off... I can't say the site name here.

The Pokemon's IV is exactly identical to the ones from the site, he didn't even try to hide it. It's in his signature.

I informed Pokeguy, and he told me to report this because I knew more about it.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Well it is pretty clear that it is a hack as well, since it is shiny anyway (if it is an event Pokemon, just basically assume that Nintendo set it so it cannot be shiny ever).

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Well it is pretty clear that it is a hack as well, since it is shiny anyway (if it is an event Pokemon, just basically assume that Nintendo set it so it cannot be shiny ever).
Hack or no, Nintendo DOES distribute shinies. The most recent I believe was the shiny milotic.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=35779

Psychic Surfer, this guy is trying to trade his Shiny 10 ANIV stuff to Pokeguy (you can ask him) which he got off... I can't say the site name here.

The Pokemon's IV is exactly identical to the ones from the site, he didn't even try to hide it. It's in his signature.

I informed Pokeguy, and he told me to report this because I knew more about it.
I also agree that it is a clear hack. I know so.

Mind you, 10 ANIVs can (read: CAN) be shiny. I'm sure event collectors can tell you that it can happen. You guys mistaken this with most DP wonder cards, those, unless the PID is a certain way, will never be shiny.

But he downloaded those from somewhere, and trying to get something with it and that's enough already to blacklist him.

Mind you, 10 ANIVs can (read: CAN) be shiny. I'm sure event collectors can tell you that it can happen. You guys mistaken this with most DP wonder cards, those, unless the PID is a certain way, will never be shiny.

But he downloaded those from somewhere, and trying to get something with it and that's enough already to blacklist him.
I'm pretty sure SVC (may have mispelled name) had proven that they cannot be shiny unless they are set to be, like the VGC milotics. There is a part of the RNG code that changes it if it would result in being a shiny pokemon. The only other one that can be shiny is the manaphy egg if you trade it to another game that has that PID along with ID and SID to make it shiny.

No they CANNOT be shiny. This was confirmed by 2 nintendo officials present at the NYC 10 ANIV event

I'm friends personally with an administrator over at pokesav, and this is what he told me.

Me:events can be shiny?
Coolhbo:not mystery gift events, unless they are specifically set to

Me:but what about 10 anivs and stuff?
Coolhbo:hmm
that dispute has been going on for a long time
our data says that they can be shiny but we don't know whether any shiny ones were distributed
other people believe there were no shiny ones
but there hasn't been proof on either side
mathematically they can be shiny

I'm pretty sure SVC (may have mispelled name) had proven that they cannot be shiny unless they are set to be, like the VGC milotics. There is a part of the RNG code that changes it if it would result in being a shiny pokemon. The only other one that can be shiny is the manaphy egg if you trade it to another game that has that PID along with ID and SID to make it shiny.
He's SCV, and he did not prove that 10ANIVs couldn't be shiny. Nobody has.

10ANIVs were, like most GBA events, pre-generated by Nintendo. They aren't generated in the game itself so we can't analyze the exact algorithm used to generate the Pokemon. The algorithm associated with 10ANIV events does allow for shiny Pokemon to occur.

However, unless we can get a copy of the Nintendo software used to generate 10ANIVs, or better, talk to a Nintendo technician who worked on this, we will never truly know. If someone can get me a copy of the Pokemon in question I can probably check it against the ones we have generated.

@Tri-DarkSouls - Where did you hear this?

He's SCV, and he did not prove that 10ANIVs couldn't be shiny. Nobody has.

10ANIVs were, like most GBA events, pre-generated by Nintendo. They aren't generated in the game itself so we can't analyze the exact algorithm used to generate the Pokemon. The algorithm associated with 10ANIV events does allow for shiny Pokemon to occur.

However, unless we can get a copy of the Nintendo software used to generate 10ANIVs, or better, talk to a Nintendo technician who worked on this, we will never truly know. If someone can get me a copy of the Pokemon in question I can probably check it against the ones we have generated.

@Tri-DarkSouls - Where did you hear this?
At the event itself

I was actually at the Pokemon 10'th Anniversary too. I remember hearing an administrator say that the event pokemon can't be shiny. I'm fairly sure that they can't be shiny unless the event set out to distribute shiny pokemon.

So is Psychic Surfer lying?
I saw say that he was 100% sure that his shiny dogs were legit, and was offering them all over smogon.
Just saying :D

I saw say that he was 100% sure that his shiny dogs were legit, and was offering them all over smogon.
He got it from THAT certain site, loads them into Pokesav and tries to gets something for it ... don't believe a word he says.

But would he go all over Smogon and say, "hey, guys, I have hacked event pokemon to trade! Who wants one?" Anyway, my partner was going to trade with him, and I don't want him to get ripped off if this guy ends up being a hacker.

I wouldn't trade with him, because with all these prior posts, chances are very high that Psychic Surfer is a hacker, or is trading hacked pokemon (which he may or may not know are hacked).
Anyways, yeah I wouldn't do it.

EDIT: Yeah, he even announced what site he usually goes on, and I distinctly remember him saying that business was "booming" on his thread on "that" site. :D

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok, enough.

First, I'm not overly concerned with what a Nintendo official said at an event, as they've also said things like "It is impossible to catch a pokemon with flawless stats" as recently as last month. So what a random Nintendo employee says in relation to game mechanics really does not mean a lot to me.

Second, if you don't want to trade with this guy then don't. If it seems to good to be true then it probably is. Considering others have said they have seen the Pokemon on other sites this should go double.

He got it from THAT certain site, loads them into Pokesav and tries to gets something for it ... don't believe a word he says.
Thanks, from THAT certain site. Seriously, we don't refer to Smogon as THIS certain site and we request that you guys do the same. On the other page you guys were posting snapshots of our software, too. I'm surprised that you still really want to deny our existence.

Thanks, from THAT certain site. Seriously, we don't refer to Smogon as THIS certain site and we request that you guys do the same. On the other page you guys were posting snapshots of our software, too. I'm surprised that you still really want to deny our existence.
Oh, I looked around there sometimes, it's just that I don't want to receive an infraction for "influencing" these things, it's probably just me though, sorry.

First, I'm not overly concerned with what a Nintendo official said at an event, as they've also said things like "It is impossible to catch a pokemon with flawless stats" as recently as last month. So what a random Nintendo employee says in relation to game mechanics really does not mean a lot to me.
imo, Nintendo knows absolute jack about their game. Case and Point, Phione banned in Battle Tower and their doubles events.

I found this regarding Psychic Surfer:

His trade thread. He says he's going to get a ditto (It's obviously Syberia's, it's even got the same description VashtheStampede has in his trade thread.) that he's going to start trading. Search the last few pages of the thread.
He's also supposedly going to get a few more pokemon from here.

He asked for it here
Modest - 31/31/31/31/31/31
Syberia - WINNER REDIS ONLY!
The sex is here. The ultimate Modest Ditto. And as stated by Syberia, this is a JAPANESE Ditto, which means many more Shiny Breeds coming your way if you use it!
could i get a clone of this?

I found this regarding Psychic Surfer:

His trade thread. He says he's going to get a ditto (It's obviously Syberia's, it's even got the same description VashtheStampede has in his trade thread.) that he's going to start trading. Search the last few pages of the thread.
He's also supposedly going to get a few more pokemon from here.

He asked for it here
LOL He has all of the Pokemon from Vash's giveaway in his thread and he's redistributing all of the smogon redistributables ._.

At least he is not redistributing the one poke I gave him, trusting that he would use on a championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)