SM OU wholelottared

Hey guys, after like a two year break from ORAS, I wanted to come back to the game I love the most. Automatically everything that I knew now is now outdated. So I had to grind up and find some ways to get through this meta. Its a really bulky meta but I wanted to try some things out.

The Team

In Depth Analysis

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Frustration

Mega Lopunny has a high Speed stat that naturally outspeed a majority of the metagame when I looked into the new meta. So I decided to make a team with this pokemon, its also a great revenge killer. Lopunny's Scrappy helps out against ghost types that show up, especially Mega Sableye (OR/AS flashbacks). Fake Out is one of the key moves of Lopunny with a great priority and decent amount of damage for chip which is worth it for flinching mons and predicting their sets. High Jump Kick is another key move of Lopunny with a high base attack and is a STAB attack. Ice Punch is for those Dragons, Grass, Flying, and Ground types who may be a threat to a team as it is usually used against Garchomp, and/or Landorus-T. Frustration is used as a STAB attack move for Lopunny. With Frustration I can avoid Ditto who occasionally shows up. Pretty much, the standard cookie cutter Lopunny.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 28 Def / 192 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

Alolan Muk acts as a decent special pivot with its high HP and Special Defense, allowing it to check threats that Mega Lopunny goes against (Psychic Types). Alolan Muk can trap Pokemon such as Tapu Lele, Latios, and Mega Alakazam which is a big threat for Mega Lopunny. Even when Alolan Muk is not using Pursuit, Poison Touch allows it to easily spread poison and cripple switch-ins. Also, Alolan Muk's Poison-typing is great for absorbing Toxic Spikes which kills my team.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Here is another pivot for the team, he is my stealth rocker since gen 5 and is still is to this day. I prefer Defensive Lando just in case mons that check Lopunny and Muk that are physically offensive. I have Hidden Power Ice instead of Knock Off or Stone Edge for other Lando that are around the meta. Everything else about Landorus is pretty self explanatory as it is S+ in the tier list lmao

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

Kyurem-B is a very powerful wallbreaker allowing it to tear apart bulkier teams that walls my team. Fusion Bolt and Earth Power goes well with Kyurem-B's STAB moves, dealing massive amounts of damage to Pokemon like Tapu Fini, Toxapex, Magnezone, and Heatran.
Subzero Slammer achieves feats such as OHKOing Chansey and Mew after Stealth Rock and doing around 80% to physically defensive Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Fusion Bolt gives Kyurem-B BoltBeam coverage and is also a very reliable option to hit many Pokemon neutrally. Gyarados, Skarmory, Celesteela, Toxapex gets destroyed by Fusion Bolt. Ice Beam acts as a reliable Ice-type STAB move, since Subzero Slammer can only be used once. Earth Power allows Kyurem-B to heavily damage Magearna, Alolan Marowak, Heatran, Rotom-W, and Magnezone, which would wall it otherwise.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Zapdos is my defogger for this team, I tried out Tapu Fini but I tend to lose more offensive pressure as mons set up on it and destroys my team. But idk I guess I like the bird more. With the combo of Discharge and Static, I can potentially paralyze any mons that physically attack me, giving me the upper hand mid game. Zapdos makes it hard to deal with for many offensive mons like Landorus-T, Tornadus-T, Mega Scizor, Hawlucha, Mega Lopunny, and Serperior. Zapdos' coverage is actually nice to have.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Finally, Kartana is my last mon. I really don't have that much speed coverage besides Lopunny and I noticed that Fairys go through my team like its nothing. I couldn't think of a steel mon that is a threat to fairys and have a fast speed besides Kartana. Offensively, Kartana's typing is also appreciated, especially alongside the coverage move Sacred Sword. Finally, Beast Boost allows Kartana to boost its Attack every time it gets a KO and makes consistent defensive counterplay incredibly hard to come by. So its a havoc for defensive mons to go through.

Anyways, thank you for reading this, this is one of multiple drafts of this team and I would appreciate if you guys can give me some tips in this team. I am currently climbing up 1400+ and would love some tips to efficiently win with a potentially better team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)