SM NU when it rains, it pours

H E L L O ?
So a couple days ago I was bored and decided to make a team and play some Pokemon. Here's what I came up with.

Teambuilding Process

I really wanted to base the team around Specs Simipour. Water is a very fun offensive typing unless you play in NU where there is a Vaporeon/Heliolisk spammed on every team, specifically designed to spoil your fun.

Next, I decided I wanted to have a Fire/Water/Grass offensive core, just to cover all my bases. I just slapped some of the two best mons in the tier.

For my defensive core, I went with Steelix + Slowbro. They cover each other's weaknesses pretty well, Steelix gets up reliable rocks, Slowbro prevents me from getting swept by Fighting spam, etc.

Lastly, I went with Braviary because Defog is important and I would not like to be swept by Decidueye thank you very much.

The Team

Simipour @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

This thing's Hydro Pump hits pretty dang hard. I love when I see a team with no Vaporeon or Heliolisk so I can just spam freely and watch things die from behind my computer screen. Ice Beam is for those Grass types (namely Vileplume) who THINK they can switch in but actually they are now severely weakened or just outright OHKO'd. Grass Knot honestly doesn't do crap most of the time but I typically use it to pressure a low Vaporeon into using Wish so I can get an easy switch into Sceptile to force it out.

Sceptile @ Rockium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Now this thing is pretty weak. Unboosted Continental Crush doesn't even kill defensive Xatu after rocks. However, I use it late game because I hide the set and bluff Specs for most of the game, force a switch and set up (which I am now realizing will be very difficult to do after this is posted). After a Swords Dance, this thing obviously becomes a formidable threat and will sweep teams that are unprepared for it. Standard Rock + Ground for coverage and honestly the Z move catches a lot of people off guard. Opponents usually want to switch their Flying types in when Sceptile comes out and they are hit with a big surprise.

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Fake Out

This mostly acts as a third defensive pivot that can easily switch in on the Dark and Ghost type mons Steelix and Slowbro have a problem with. I prefer Knock Off over Darkest Lariat just because I feel like knocking items off generally has more value most of the time, but I guess it's interchangeable. Fire Blast because otherwise I get walled by Vileplume if it ever comes down to it, but most of the time I find myself switching in just to U-turn and use the extra offensive pressure to prevent my rocks from being removed or something. Brave Nature for that sweet slow U-turn vs opposing Incineroar.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

I just slapped a Steelix on the team for obvious reasons: R O C K S. They are very important in assisting those KO's from Specs Simipour. Also, having a Steelix alive singlehandedly prevents me from getting swept by multiple Pokemon in the tier, namely Klinklang and COMFEY (OH MY GOD DO I HATE THAT STUPID FLOWER) which would otherwise outright murder me. I like the offensive EV spread because as many people know, its defenses are good enough to not require any investment. Plus, me having an offensive presence prevents me from being set up on.

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

As I said before, this is here because I don't like being swept by Passimian. Colbur Berry also assists in Clawitzer not sweeping the team (very big team weakness to Clawitzer btw). With the berry I can tank a Dark Pulse and either kill it with Psyshock if it's already low or hit it with a Toxic and scout for its item, then make the appropriate switch. If it's Life Orb, I have no switch ggs.

Braviary @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Here is my Defogger. It was initially scarfed but I found that not having Roost AND being choice locked really screwed me over most of the time because I would just use it to get a Defog off and not much else because it died. Speed EVs are just enough to outspeed Decidueye so it can never beat me and I also slapped another U-turn on there instead of Frustration/Superpower because I gotta have my offensive pressure.

Conclusion

This team is very fun. Biggest weakness is definitely Clawitzer because it pretty much gets a kill whenever it switches in, but if your opponent is a noob and lets it die early then take the W......but really if I'm missing a hard counter to it let me know because that thing is super good.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)