What do you think about PS's current interface?

Hello!

I recently stumbled upon this thread about the TeamBuilder UI when it was still in development. This made me wonder: what do you think about the current user interface?

If you could change anything about the current interface in Pokemon Showdown (not only the TeamBuilder but also the combat screen or any other menu...), how would the new interface look like? What should be kept and what should be changed?

For example, I like the UI in the teambuilder when you preview a team. But I'm sad that all the remaining space on the right isn't used to display extra informations or just the infos of the pokemon you click on.

Note: I don't think this post belongs to the suggestion section since it's more about curiosity than making a true suggestion. If it needs to be moved (or removed), feel free to tell me. :tyke:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i like the teambuilder interface. i primarily use it not for building teams, but for looking at and working with movesets for things like random battles sets and side projects, and it works well there. the move list is easy on the eyes, the useful/useless division is convenient, and being able to look up eg which pokemon learn a move, or what moves of a certain type a Pokemon learns, is very nice.

my only request here would be the ability to increase chatroom size at the expense of teambuilder size, but that's very low priority.

another feature that would increase my and others' usage from the teambuilder is a custom pokemon creator, which I and Zarel offer a cash bounty for. i still back that full bounty if anyone is interested, and would look into increasing it if someone has a promising shot.

Maintain consistency in design elements throughout the interface. This includes using consistent fonts, colors, and layout patterns. Consistency helps users develop a mental model of how the application works, making it easier for them to navigate and interact with different features.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)