Watchmen movie discussion thread

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I agree pretty much with what Jackal said. Also the scene on Mars was way too rushed.. Dr. Manhattan wasnt done right in the book, but he was done even worse on the film..

and for spoilers:
The idea of the ending being that Dr Manhattan will watch over earth fixing all of their mistakes doesnt sit well with me, I dont think people would accept that. The comic book concept of uniting against a common enemy I think is much better.

Have a nice day.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
The ending was terrible. They changed it from the book, and the books ending was not even that good to begin with. But Jesus Christ they made it worse. At one point some guy in the crowd yelled out "THIS IS BULLSHIT" and people got up and left with 5-6 minutes left in the movie (after Nite Owls NOOOOOO lol how terrible) just because the ending was so bad. Way to ruin it.
i lol'd reading this after watching -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIhHema5PNg

i plan on seeing the movie today or tommorow

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I had to sneak into the movie. It was worth it I believe.

All the scenes with rorschach in them were great. I was actually looking forward to scenes with him in them.

The amount of blue penis and guy ass in it did out weight the sex and that girl showing her boobs.

Also I lold at Hallelujah during the sex scene. I was like hallelujah the nerd is finally getting laid.

Having read the book once 2 years ago and again a month before watching the movie I was pretty impressed.

Yeah they had to cut alot out and since I know the backstory I cant say personally how much of it made sense but my girl friend hasnt read the book and she caught on that the Minutemen were from the past and most had died and she was able to keep up with the goings on, like when the comedian and Manhattan were in Vietnam so there's that.

Also I didnt catch this in either of my read throughs, did the Comedian really shoot Kennedy in the book?

The blue penis got a bit obnoxious. Silk Spectre II made it better.

Rorshach was amazing. I was worried hed get nerfed or fucked up somehow to appease people but he was perfect imo.

Comedian was pretty good.

Manhattan was adequate

Ozymandias was the only one I didnt really like tbh.

SS2 had too many of her lines changed but the actress was pretty good

I thought Nite Owl was really well played, someone said earlier he was just ok but I thought he was spot on.

The ending... In the book the whole uniting against a common enemy was better then what they did in the movie, but the squid was a little lame.

I felt, as apparently do a lot of other people, that the music sucked at times. For me the worst moment was All Along the Watchtower. I have nothing against the song, it's just that the song simply does not work well with the movie at that point in time. What REALLY bothers me is that people who have read the book view apparently view it as infallible. Just because the song was referenced in the book does not mean it makes a good transition to a movie. It happened to work very well in the book because the lyrics happen to mirror some aspects of the plot. That said, the MOOD of the song does not match the mood of the events. It completely threw me out of the scene and rising tension.

I picked up the book about 2 weeks before the movie came out. I really liked the film.

There were a few obvious holes (The ending was... weird), a few things were changed (Rorschach didn't light the house on fire :( ) the gore was ridiculous at times (Ozymandias Assassin scene) and the Blue Penis wasn't very pretty, but the shear awesomeness of some sceans made up for it (BIRTH OF DOCTOR MANHATTEN).

The sex scene was pretty neat too in my opinion. Hallelujah had me laughing my ass off.

I would agree with jackel about just how close the films dialouge was to the movie. It kept it pretty entertaining throughout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)