WARSTORY: Prioricario Mindgames! (also featuring Trapinch)

Having been absent from Shoddy battling for some time, I decided to hit the OU find tab and battle any challenge with my unpredictable TR team full of ridiculous pokemon that I use through sheer love of their character.
As this is my first warstory, I have tried enthusiastically to make it as well presented as possible, but I am sure it is not perfect. I would really appreciate some constructive criticism so I can do a better job next time.

MY TEAM:

I will reveal my opponents team during the course of the battle, and display it in full at the end.

This match was played with standard OU rules, that is, Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause, and Timed Battle.

Comments and spectators have been taken out.
Nicknames and genders have been removed, all pokemon are level 100.
For the purpose of this warstory, I have named my opponent in this battle "Opponent".

Without further ado, LETS GET THIS FIGHT UNDERWAY!
---

Opponent sent out Tyranitar
underDawg sent out Lunatone
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!

Tyranitar at 100%
Lunatone at 100%
---

AGH! Straight from turn one I can see my Banette will lose his Focus Sash even if switched in on any Normal or Fighting moves! Even worse, I have no moves on my Lunatone that can hit Tyranitar hard. OK, after this ridiculous bout of panic over a fairly common lead, I decide to go with Hypnosis and hope it hits! CBTar and DDTar will get slept, ScarfTar will only activate my Focus Sash, and I don't think TauntTars are that common?

Please hit!

---
Opponent switched in Azumarill
Lunatone used Hypnosis.
Azumarill fell asleep!
The sandstorm rages.
Azumarill is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Azumarill lost 6% of its health. (all sandstorm damage will be removed from here on out.)

Azumarill at 94% and asleep!
Lunatone at 100%
---

My opponent, perhaps not knowing the full arsenal of that WMD Lunatone, switches in a watery threat to Loonie's rocky cresent-shaped body, only to thankfully be hit by my Sleep inducing waves! I suppose a Scarfed Pure Power Waterfall in combination with SR would have rendered further Lunatone switchins useless.

As it stands, I decide to stay in and hit the big red Trick Room button and see what he does next.

---
Azumarill is fast asleep!
Lunatone used Trick Room.
Lunatone twisted the dimensions!
The sandstorm rages.
Azumarill is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Azumarill lost 6% of its health.

Azumarill at 87% and asleep
Lunatone at 100%
---

I suppose what the faster Pikablu evolution doesn't know is that I might be carrying a super-effective hidden power.
Lets hit him with it Lunatone!

---
Lunatone used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Azumarill lost 89% of its health.
Opponent's Azumarill fainted.

Azumarill at 0% and fainted!
Lunatone at 100%

Score: 6-5 to the underDawg!
---

The HP Electric for intimidating Taunt lead Gyarados critical hits for what would otherwise only been a 2HKO, and Lunatone rejoices.

Celebrations are cut short however when my Opponent sends out the frighteningly angry walking steel volcano!

---
Opponent switched in Heatran
Lunatone used Hypnosis.
Heatran fell asleep!
Heatran is fast asleep!

Heatran at 100% and asleep!
Lunatone at 100%
---

The same sleep trick works with Heatran, I suppose its payday for all those times Hypnosis has failed me twice in a row!

Lunatone not really being able to damage Heatran, and thinking that my opponent wouldn't possibly leave another sleeping pokemon in, I send out a SpecsPass steelkiller, which could KO the Tran with Earthpower in the event of the big red machine remaining slumbering in the ring. However, my opponent has other plans and Probozone is greeted by Ms Cresselia!

---
Opponent switched in Cresselia
underDawg switched in Probopass
Cresselia's leftovers restored its health a little!
Cresselia restored 6% of its health. (from now on, leftovers recovery for Cressy will be omitted.)

Cresselia at 100%
Probopass at 100%
---

The double switch leaves neither of us knowing what to expect. Not wanting to switch again and gradually pick up damage, I decide to hit hard and fast.

---
Probopass used EXPLOSION!!!
Cresselia lost 71% of its health.
underDawg's Probopass fainted.
Cresselia used Ice Beam.
But there was no target!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

Cresselia at 29%
Probopass at 0% smouldering in a million wrecked little pieces

Score: 5-5 and even stevens
---

BOOOOOMMM!!! The bomb goes off leaving a dent in Cresselia. However, my Trick Room runs out and I once again curse my lack of foresight as my sweepers that could hurt Cressy would get blasted by Ice Beam.

On the other hand, it could be a blessing in disguise as many Cressy sets contain Rest. If this is the case, I could use this opportunity to set things up again, so I switch in my multipurpose peaceful imp, Uxie.

---
underDawg switched in Uxie
Uxie used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!
Cresselia used Rest.
Cresselia fell asleep!
Cresselia restored 71% of its health.
Uxie's leftovers restored its health a little!
Uxie restored 6% of its health. (from now on, leftovers recovery for Uxie will be omitted.)

Cresselia at 100% again but snoozing.
Uxie at 100%
---

Seeing as Cresselia isn't an immediate threat to Uxie, I decide to set up the Sash-Breaking Rocks of Stealth. To my surprise, I correctly predict that Cressy will rest, not that a full health Cresselia is really what I want however!

---
Cresselia is fast asleep!
Cresselia used Sleep Talk.
Cresselia used Charge Beam.
Uxie lost 5% of its health.
Cresselia's special attack was raised.
Uxie used Trick Room.
Uxie twisted the dimensions!

Cresselia at 100% again but still snoozing.
Uxie at 95%
---

With Cresselia snoozing, I take my chance to re-set up my all powerful Trick Room. Cresselia Charge Beams, raising its SpAttk, but barely scratches my Uxie. I love Uxie!

I know that with TR up, my Uxie will be faster. And so, I decide to U-Turn out, sponging whatever Cress flings at me, and setting up for 3 turns of TR Carnage!

---
Cresselia is fast asleep!
Cresselia used Sleep Talk.
Cresselia used Rest.
But it failed!
Uxie used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Cresselia lost 18% of its health.
underDawg switched in Rhyperior

Cresselia at 82% and about to wake up
Rhyperior at 100%
---

Here he is! The bad man's in!! Rhrecka the Max Attack CBRhyperior is a disaster for opposing pokemon, 2HKOing many things with even NVE hits. Lets see how Cressy likes a Megahorn!

---
Rhyperior used Megahorn.
It's super effective!
Cresselia lost 68% of its health.
Cresselia woke up!
Cresselia used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Rhyperior lost 31% of its health.

Cresselia at 14%
Rhyperior at 69%
---

The Ice Beam does surprising little damage! At this point I realise Solid Rock and the Sandstorm SpDef boost are absolute godsends for Rhyperior. Fantastic stuff. Hit her again!

---
Rhyperior used Megahorn.
It's super effective!
Cresselia lost 73% of its health.
Opponent's Cresselia fainted.

Cresselia at 0% and fainted
Rhyperior at 69%

Score: 5-4 and back in my favour!
---

And dowwwn goes Cresselia! Suspecting any attack from Rhyperior, not until this point knowing I was banded, my opponent decides to sacrifice the moonduck and bring in a fresh threat.
Now equipped with the suspicion of my CB, in comes Gliscor who I know will be able to take a few hits from the Rhy's horn, and hit back with S-E STAB.

---
Opponent switched in Gliscor
Pointed stones dug into Gliscor.
Gliscor lost 12% of its health.
Uxie makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Gliscor's attack missed!
Gliscor's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gliscor restored 6% of its health. (from now on, leftovers recovery for Gliscor will be omitted.)

Gliscor at 94%
Uxie at 95%
---

Predicting the impending Earthquake, and realising my Trick Room was about to run out, I bring back in my little levitator, Uxie!

---
Gliscor used Stealth Rock.
Uxie used Trick Room.

Gliscor at 100%
Uxie at 95%
---

The pokemon sizing each other up, utility moves are dished out and Gliscor heals itself back to full health. With his rocks down, I now know for sure that my Sashette is as good as itemless.

Time to get back to my physical tank, who can surely take whatever non-EQ moves Glis can dish and hit back for massive Choice Banded damage.

---
Uxie used U-turn.
It's not very effective...
Gliscor lost 4% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Rhyperior.
Rhyperior lost 6% of its health.
Gliscor used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Rhyperior lost 23% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Gliscor's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gliscor restored 6% of its health.

Gliscor at 100%
Rhyperior at 45%
---

Annoyingly my opponent predicts a switch back out and hits an EQ, and Uxie, being faster under TR, scarpers for it to hit Rhyperior. Fortunately, Rhy makes use of the EVs in his enormous Defense, and takes it like a solid rock rhino.

---
Rhyperior used Ice Fang.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 77% of its health.
Gliscor used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Rhyperior lost 25% of its health.

Gliscor at 31%
Rhyperior at 24% and damn lucky TR is still up!
---

Gliscor, obviously fancying his chances with a Super-Effective STABbed Earthquake goes for Rhyperior, only to be smacked in the face with a 4x Effective Ice Fang! Meanwhile, Rhy's extreme bulk helps him hold on, knowing that if TR wasn't up, a faster EQ next turn would kill him. Luckily, we can go for the killing blow!

Please please PLEASE sand veil don't kick in!!!

---
Rhyperior used Ice Fang.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 75% of its health.
Opponent's Gliscor fainted.

Gliscor at 0% and swatted to the floor
Rhyperior at 24%

Score: 5-3 and looking good!
---

YESSS! Gliscor prays for the Ice Fang miss and kamikazes a rather hopeful Earthquake my way. Fate fortunes the brave, and my tough Rhino ends the turn still hanging on.

Gliscor's sacrifice means that a very dangerous Lucario is able to enter the fray untouched. Not knowing what to expect, I send in my favourite team member.

---
Opponent switched in Lucario
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
underDawg switched in Trapinch
Pointed stones dug into Trapinch.
Trapinch lost 6% of its health.
Lucario used Bullet Punch.
Trapinch lost 72% of its health.
Lucario lost 10% of its health.

Lucario at 87%
Trapinch at 24%
---

OUCH!! Having been used to SD Lucarios in the past, a massive hit hurts my Trapinch like hell, and not only that but my TR runs out, and even if I were to get it back up, the Lucario seems to be running a priority set! Furthermore, my remaining team is frighteningly weak to Lucario's priority moves!

Knowing that I need Trapinch or Rhyperior for the kill on Heatran, I do what in hindsight I should have done the first time and send out my Lunatone to be killed by SR and whatever he hits me with.

---
underDawg switched in Lunatone
Pointed stones dug into Lunatone.
Lunatone lost 12% of its health.
It's super effective!
Lunatone lost 86% of its health.

Lucario at 77%
Lunatone at 1%
---

Lucario adds another crater to the moon's face, and to my surprise Lunatone is left hanging on by a slither. Lunatone has already made his contribution though, and I decide to give him up. Well played Loonie!

I feel very threatened now by Lucario's presence, and wonder how on earth I'm going to see this battle out.

---
Lucario used Extremespeed.
Lunatone lost 30% of its health.
underDawg's Lunatone fainted.

Lucario at 67%
Lunatone at 0% and falling out of orbit

Score: 4-3 but scared of a Lucario sweep
---

At this point I decide that one way of getting rid of Luke is to stall out its Life Orb recoil, and so I send Uxie back out to hopefully set TR back up.

---
Pointed stones dug into Uxie.
Uxie lost 12% of its health.
Opponent switched in Tyranitar
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.
Uxie used Trick Room.

Tyranitar at 88%
Uxie at 82%
---

As Uxie twists the dimensions, my opponent decides not to waste away his precious Lucario HP, but that Uxie's time is up he and sends out his enormous Tyrant. What can I do, Uxie is surely cornered! Uxie would go second under TR, and any switch will leave any of my remaining pokemon dead to a Crunch.

Sacrifice is surely the only way here. I decide to let Uxie pass on.

---
Tyranitar used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Uxie lost 51% of its health.
Uxie used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 21% of its health.

Uxie at 31%
Tyranitar at 67%
Trapinch at 17%
---

BUT WAIT! Uxie survives! And not only that but now... ITS A TRAP!!! TR CB Trapinch prepares to decimate the evil king of the dinosaurs. And there's nothing he can do about it!

---
Trapinch used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 111% of its health.
Opponent's Tyranitar fainted.

Tyranitar at 0% down and out!
Trapinch at 17%

Score: 4-2 and rejoicing in Trapinch's brilliance but still very aware of the threat posed by Lucario
---

After a brief moment of sheer exhilaration, I know that Lucario is coming back out.

Hoping for the huge rhino to take more Life Orb recoil from Luke, I send Rhyperior back out.

---
Pointed stones dug into Rhyperior.
Rhyperior lost 6% of its health.
Rhyperior lost 9% of its health.

Lucario at 54%
Rhyperior at 9%
---

Rhyperior hangs on, just, and I wonder what the chances are of him surviving another Extremespeed for the return Earthquake. Nevertheless I know that just keeping him in will sap more health from Life Orb. This is tense!!!

---
Rhyperior lost 9% of its health.
underDawg's Rhyperior fainted.

Lucario at 44%
Rhyperior at 0% fainted

Score: 3-2 with Lucario still in control of the battlefield
---

My opponent hits Extremespeed again to finish off Rhyperior but in the process Lucario loses another 10%. Can I make it???

Time to send in Banette who can surely take at least one Bullet Punch to stall out more damage!

---
underDawg switched in Banette
Pointed stones dug into Banette.
Banette lost 12% of its health.
Banette lost 44% of its health.
Banette used Trick Room.
Banette twisted the dimensions!

Lucario at 34%
Banette at 27%
---

Knowing that Sucker Punch will do very little damage against Lucario, with Destiny Bond not working through priority, and Knock Off really not being something I want to use at all (!), I count down some more valuable seconds by using Trick Room.

But now, knowing Banette will soon meet his puppeteer, I use Sucker Punch for whatever insignificant damage it might acheive, and it would hit due to TR reversing Bans' speed. Come on Bans, just a little longer!!

---
Banette used Sucker Punch.
A critical hit!
Lucario lost 22% of its health.
Banette lost 40% of its health.
underDawg's Banette fainted.

Lucario at 2%
Banette at 0% and back to its maker

Score: 2-2 and it is now back level but can I hold on and win this?!
---

OH. MY. GOD. Critical hit!! And not a moment too soon. Banette goes down, but never in vain! But surely this means... if I send Uxie out...

Breathless, I send Uxie back into the fray, thinking through the possible combinations.. If Lucario attacks, he loses through LO damage.. What about U-Turn? What about Heatran? Aghhh can't think!!

---
Pointed stones dug into Uxie.
Uxie lost 12% of its health.
Opponent switched in Heatran
Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Uxie used U-turn.
Heatran lost 3% of its health.

Uxie at 19%
Heatran at 84%
Trapinch at 11% and ready to roll!
---

In our panic, neither player thinks straight, Uxie takes the rocks and braces itself for the hit, but there's no impact?!? Either Life Orb damage or even U-Turn would have surely killed Lucario. But my opponent switches out and in comes Heatran to take the U-Turn. And with U-Turn you know another pokemon is coming out. With Trick Room still just about up, here comes Trapinch!!!

Go on my son!!!

---
Trapinch used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 293% of its health.
Opponent's Heatran fainted.

---
Opponent's Lucario fainted.
underDawg wins!

Trapinch nails Tran and Luke finally succumbs to SR damage!

Score: 2-0 to underDawg with only a 19% Uxie and an 11% Trapinch left. (Trick Room ending along with this close battle!)

We say our GG's, and I can't believe how exciting that finale was, I really thought my game was up when Lucario started throwing his fists around. Thanks to my opponent (if he reads this) for a truly fun battle.

PROPS:

- An incredible ending, took it right down to the wire.
- Trapinch!!! (ftw)
- Exciting sets on both teams, and not a Garchomp, Gengar or Blissey in sight.
- The hax was probably on my side for once!
- Not using my OU teams :)

SLOPS:

- Some Critical Hits which may have changed the course of the battle (especially that Sucker Punch at the end!)
- My thrown-together ragtag squad of nobodies is very weak to certain pokemon, such as Lucario it seems!

MY OPPONENTS TEAM:

Thanks for reading, please let me know what you think, so I can make some improvements for next time!

I'm pretty sure that no matter what your opponent did, he or she could not have won. I kinda like that aspect. The story is solid, and you obviously have the skill needed to be a good warstory writer.

Keep trying to get better in both battling and writing!

I always did like TR teams.

Oh yah, forgot to comment on this. Nice warstory. It really demonstrates your skill as a battler that you could overcome such a devastating Lucario weak.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys :) Is there anything I could improve upon for next time?
Besides using a team not so fatally weak to one of the most common sweepers in the game? Not really, it was a very solid warstory.

Very well written. And I must say, I love your team. Always great to see teams of "ridiculous pokemon" played well.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Your story writing was fantastic, as was the way you played around Lucario. A Gliscor or something may help you next time :P but hey awesome team.

I love to see people using BL and below to stomp people in OU with an awesome strategy!
Great battle and story!

Besides using a team not so fatally weak to one of the most common sweepers in the game?
Lol.

In other matches, TR has allowed Rhyperior to kill off SDCario's, while Trapinch takes care of the SpecsLuke variants.

Thanks for all the comments though guys :)

Good writing. Your opponent didn't make the greatest moves (leaving a sleeping Azumarill in on Lunatone, and Cress against Uxie), but it was still a pretty interesting game, especially towards the end.

I have to say, this is the best warstory I've read in a long time. The originality of your team really made it interesting and it was very well written. I'd love it if you were to write another one some day.

I have to say, this is the best warstory I've read in a long time. The originality of your team really made it interesting and it was very well written. I'd love it if you were to write another one some day.
Thanks mate, I really appreciate it. One day when I have a bit more time I will almost certainly have another go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)