WANTED: nickname for my Moonduck [COMPLETE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm giving away ONE nicknamed copy of my German ORAS Cresselia to whoever tells me the best idea for a nickname in the next 48 hours.

I will only consider ideas posted in this thread. Do NOT PM/VM me about this.

Cresselia ♀ ** "Moona Lisa"
Ability: Levitate
Level 50 (untrained)
Modest Nature
IVs: 31/24/31/31/31/31
- Mist
- Aurora Beam
- Future Sight
- Slash
caught by me on my German ΩR (Alex / 11279)
Fully-Redistributable

TheEpicBro - Luna
Karan - Celestia
Albus - Pretzelia
vzxt - Mezzaluna
Empoleon_master - see post for details
Tortoise - Selene
flargananddingle - Benevolence
shady6121 - OLunarOLoopO
ooh_shiny - Sailor Moon
lucariomaster2 - Phoebe, Rhea
unmentionable13 - Moon Duck
truedrew - Harmonia
Rodo - Diana
SuicideSamurai - Waffles, Pancakes!
~FireBlast~ - Lunatic
lucarioisawesome - Mona
MegaCharizard25 - Crescent
The Quasar - Alpha
Fluke - Lady Evita, Torai Tsuki
Zerius - Alcmene
D_what - Maria, Odette, Fionnuala
Widdly_Scuds - Sheila
Ksh13 - Moonshiner
Herocross - Moon Moon
Fiat500 - Lunatonia
a0161613 - Dreamcast
huangl - Croissant
Pikachuuuuuuuuuuuuuu - LunarEclipse
chester0334 - Daisy Duck
Pink Floyd - Mooning You
Speedy Squirtle - Moona Lisa
Alba - Pokemoon, Artemis, Cressie
gepesek - Tsukuyomi
Pinguinsx - Mirana
Viridi - Swanerade
GC7 - Lunastra, Frejya, Cassani
Reisuke - Gabriel, Raphael

Last edited:
How about "Mezzaluna"?

It's a crescent shaped double handle knife used to mince/chop things finely and fast. It sorta matches because with modest you can actually mince some threats

sorta...

252+ SpA Cresselia Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Amoonguss: 144-170 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Expert Belt Cresselia Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 154-182 (92.2 - 108.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Cresselia Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 176-208 (103.5 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
"insert name here"
"allurhealthrbelongtome"
"yourmoonbaseisours"
"IT'SSOBULKYY"
"3bulky5you"
"moonshine"
"IHAVEONE11!!!"
"cantdentthis"
Aaand excuse me while I go into the shame corner for thinking of those names....

"insert name here"
"allurhealthrbelongtome"
"yourmoonbaseisours"
"IT'SSOBULKYY"
"3bulky5you"
"moonshine"
"IHAVEONE11!!!"
"cantdentthis"
Aaand excuse me while I go into the shame corner for thinking of those names....
You do realize that there is a character limit (12) for nicknames in Pokémon games, right?

Phoebe or Rhea.

-Titans in Greek mythology (Reflects Cresselia's status as a legendary mon)
-Two of Saturn's moons (Reflects Cress's ties with the moon)
-Saturn has rings, similar to Cress's bands.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Harmonia
Harmonia is the goddess of peace and harmony and I said to be reflective of the moon due to its white essence it is also reflective of how Cresselly plays which is defensively with many supporting moves

My personal choice would be
Diana this is the goddess of the moon according to the roman empire.

Congrats on that SR.

Mona. Mona is the old english word for moon. Generally a feminine word and/or name. Since cressilia happens to be from European roots( name from crescent and Selene), Mona would be a good choice for a name.

Lady Evita;
Its named after one of the most well-known Argentine females, Eva Peron, but known best as Evita. Also, Cresselia is a female only Pokémon.

Torai Tsuki;
A combination of torai (tri) and tsuki (moon). I feel like like Cresselia is based off the tri moon. It shows three moons representing its head.
(Can also be Toraitsuki, but I find Torai Tsuki more aesthetically pleasing.)

Hmm. If you want to go subtle, Maria works since it's a standalone name but it's also the term for the dark plains on the moon's surface. Sneaky, eh? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_mare

If you want to skip the Moon stuff entirely, Odette is the name of the heroine in Swan Lake. I don't know any German swan-related myths, but since I'm Irish, there's an Irish one where 4 kids were cursed by a (predicatably evil) stepmother and turned into Swans for a bunch of years. The eldest and only girl in the bunch was called Fionnuala (fyun-oohla), but some Irish names are an acquired taste so it's probably not suitable. IIRC the irish moon god was called Aine but one of my friend's name is Aine so I feel weird about suggesting that :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)