Waiter, There's a Flygon in my Soup!! [OU RMT]

Introduction

This is an offensive team I made to focus on one of my new favorite Pokemon in the OU metagame, Flygon. A overall underrated Pokemon, but I find if used correctly it can be absolutely lethal. The main purpose of the team was to have Flygon scout around so my late game sweepers Starmie and Lucario could get going. Jirachi lead works excellently with Flygon, Im starting to discover the benefit of having 2 U-Turners on one team. Snorlax is currently the weakest link, he needs replacing but I can't find what should so the trick. And Rotom-h is solid on any team, here he plays the role of a tank, and a Gyara/Scizor counter. Overall the team has been decent, and it has major potential, but some assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Close Inspection

The Lead

Jirachi
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Trick
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
---
So standard it makes my brain hurt, but it works. The reason I find it to be so successful is that I rarely think that SR is a priority when using it, it can trick other SR users, set up SR if the opportunity arises, or just high-tail it out of there safely with U-Turn. Its almost always safe to U-Turn to Flygon, they cover each others weaknesses perfectly. Its not rare that I spend a few turns scouting by switching in between the two of them. Iron Head is just common sense, and has saved me quite a few times.

The Scout

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
---Flygon, the focus of the team. The ultimate scout in my opinion, his four moves each with a purpose, and they all wrok incredibly well. Earthquake is standard, a good attack for Scizor and other steels. Outrage is just common sense, an excellent finisher if the opponent is out of priority, and impossible for other dragon to try to set up on. Stone Edge hits Gyara and Zapdos hard, 2HKOing Gyara considering Intimidate has been used. U-Turn is the cardinal point of the set, while not packing the punch of Scizors, the speed is an impressive addition. Scizor can U-Turn because of its ability to force switches, Flygon can u-Turn to do taht as well, but with the speed if there isnt a switch and Scizor is slow, it can get into some trouble. Thats where I find Flygon acheives. Works excellently with Jirachi and Starmie, covering a lot of types, and taking out threats for each other quickly and efficiently.

The Late Gamers

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
---
Always a good choice, SDLuke. It works well with Rotom-h, they cover weaknesses well. Extremespeed is my priority, but Im finding it a little bit weak. Overall he works with the team, takes what Starmie cant when I'm down to the last few Pokes. Crunch is for ghosts, mostly pesky Rotom forms. Not much else to say, he's reliable.

Starmie
@ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
---
One of the best sweepers in the game I believe, very solid and fast. Hydro Pump is a destructive force, great neutral coverage and mammoth power. Grass Knot over Recover/Psychic, I need it to cover Swampert who can trouble my team. BoltBeam is just good overall. Snorlax is helpful here, taking special attacks aimed at Starmie. Starmie can take ice for Flygon, and fire for Lucario and Jirachi. Overall amazing in the late game, can get Scizor own ASAP. Hits Gyarados quickly, as well as dragons in general.

The Bulk

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-wisp
- Thunderbolt
---
An amazing Poke in any sense, helps get rid of threats like Scizor, Gyarados, and anything physical with Will'o'Wisp. Defensively its incredible, taking fighting for Lucario, ground for Jirachi, and anything in between. Its really a staple for the team because if theres not a good switch in I can almost always send out Rotom-h. Standard set doesnt require much explaing.

---
Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 168 HP/120 Def/220 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Earthquake
---
Heres the one I need to get rid of, he's been absolutely useless. The ghost resistance is beautiful, but overall he's a terrible Pokemon for the team, he can never get a sweep in, or get bulky enough to handle something. Im not really going to go on about him, but I need a suitable change.

The Conclusion
No threat list right now but I might get one in tomorrow, but overall its been a solid team, Flygon has been incredible, and still the focus of the team. All thats really necessary right now is to switch Snorlax out for someone new.

Don't worry about DDTar, you can always revenge kill it with Flygon and Jirachi, and not to mention that he can't set up on Starmie, Lucario or Rotom either or hell even Snorlax, so there's not an issue.

However, you do have a DDMence weakness. Most people are running max speed, so you can't even hope to have a speed tie with Jirachi and Flygon. Making both absolute speed is a start towards that without changing anything within the team.

You might also try Scizor on Lucario though, who can further hurt Salamence than Lucario can with it's priority, making it less of a threat. Scizor can also Pursuit the choiced Rotoms locked into Shadow Ball, or even Bolt, and will be faster than the WoW defensive ones.

I'd recommend Recover on Starmie for a lil extra longevity. Grass Knot is not necessary; Hydro Pump deals some pretty enormous damage to Swampert already, and you can Recover off any EQ damage too. Starmie is going to end up taking a lot of hits, as it can't 1hko everything, and the LO recoil takes its toll as well.

Your right...Flygon is the ultimate scout. This is a great team and nice job using him. Suprisingly, I am going to change your Flygon a little bit.

I would suggest Fire Punch over Stone Edge. This OHKO's Forry and Scizor. If you don't want Fire Punch, use ThunderPunch, because It OHKO's. If you don't want Fire Punch or Thunder Punch, change Starmie to the Scarf version to OHKO Gyarados. This will leave you with three Scarf users, but because Jirachi will be ditching its Scarf, thats allright.

Hope I helped, and Good Luck!

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nice team. You want a replacement for Snorlax? Here's one.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP l 216 Def l 44 SpA
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam
~Recover
~Thunder Wave / Tri Attack
Ability: Trace

Porygon2 works wonderfully against DDMence and as a secondary check to Gyarados. The cyber duck can bounce back their Intimidates and OHKO either of them with Ice Beam / Thunderbolt while spreading status with Thunder Wave or Tri Attack. You can use Psychic for Fightings.

I've tried a few of the suggestions, and Porygon2 is working wonderfully, thank you, as is Recover on Starmie and Scizor for Lucario! Having 3 Pokes with U-Turn is excellent!

I would suggest Fire Punch over Stone Edge. This OHKO's Forry and Scizor.
Fire punch vs 252 / 144+ Forretress
328 Atk vs 388 Def & 354 HP (75 Base Power): 184 - 220 (51.98% - 62.15%)

against a 248 / 0 scizor
328 Atk vs 236 Def & 343 HP (75 Base Power): 300 - 356 (87.46% - 103.79%)

Admittedly, Scizor takes a fuckton of damage, but Forretress does not, and Fire is an awful attack to be locked into if you're not going to OHKO.

If you want a Fire move, it would be better to switch the nature to Naughty or Naive and run Fire Blast with the EV spread 252 attack / 176 speed / 80 SAtk, which does OHKO Forretress and Scizor, as well as Skarmory. Flamethrower is also perfectly viable, but specially defensive Scizor won't be OHKOed (unless you invest more SAtk, which probably isn't a good idea).

Oh, and I agree that Recover should be used over Grass Knot. Between Trickscarf, Will-o-Wisp and Hydro Pump, I really don't see how Swampert is that much of a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)