Victini

Okay, so I'd like to ask. V-Create isn't given to the Victini that you catch via the Liberty Pass in B&W, correct? If so, how does Victini learn this move? I'm trying to figure it out so I know what nature I want my Victini before I catch it.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, so I'd like to ask. V-Create isn't given to the Victini that you catch via the Liberty Pass in B&W, correct? If so, how does Victini learn this move? I'm trying to figure it out so I know what nature I want my Victini before I catch it.
It's going to be released as an event with the 14th movie. The Liberty Island one can't learn it at all.

What set would you guys recommend for Victini that doesn't run V-Create?

I am thinking about trying to run a lead set of sorts, utilizing the more accurate Will-o-Wisp and Taunt he receives, possibly Balloon. Any thoughts on this?

People keep on mentioning the assist team, and I am wondering if this is even viable, like at all. Or is it complete and utter gimick.

I have been thinking of a team like this

Victini
Infernape
Weavile
Seasel
Purugly
Persian

Now what would be the best item on these guys theorically? Choice scarf? Or is power more important with choice band?

No word on a non-Japanese release yet, and I'm not familiar with how the movie events work.
Typically how these have worked in the past in non-Japanese territories is that they're given away at Toys R Us/GameStop in celebration for the movie's release in that territory. The four Pokémon that have been given away in Japanese Cinema in the fourth generation (Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Celebi) were never released over WiFi. We have, however, gotten the Pokémon given away as gifts to those who preorder movie tickets in Japan over WiFi since the Arceus Movie (This would be the Pikachu-Colored Pichu and the Shiny Legendary Beasts). IIRC, V-Create Victini is a preorder gift, rather than at the theatre itself, but I could be very wrong in that.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Just wondering. Why does nobody mention Victini's 100% accurate base 100 power 30% chance to burn STAB attack?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Just wondering. Why does nobody mention Victini's 100% accurate base 100 power 30% chance to burn STAB attack?
Bulky Victini would like the 30% burn rate but the Fire typing is why no one bothers with bulky Victini. Fire Blast gets a 10% accuracy boost due to Victory Star so it is almost always better on offensive Victini.

Yeah 93% accuracy with fire blast is fine for me, plus I don't think there is a good use for a bulky victini. I mean there are much better bulky psychic types out there, with much better typings too.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Has anybody had any real luck utilizing V-create. Choice-band creates to many openings for my opponent for my liking and without CB I feel I could use other hard hitters and get more success. Any thoughts?

Honestly, I'd rather not use a Life Orb Victini with V-Generate unless you know for a fact you can get by with every other move it carries otherwise. I still think V-Generate is better as a hit-and-run attack, and taking Life Orb damage as well as likely weather/entry hazards is going to kill Victini pretty damn quick. There's also the fact that the Speed Drop could be considered crippling without the near-guaranteed power to OHKO something with Band or give a suprise Scarf kill.

Victini with V-create needs choice band/scarf because it needs the speed or power to be used successfully, but I could be wrong.

Victini with V-create needs choice band/scarf because it needs the speed or power to be used successfully, but I could be wrong.
V-Create has the power to kill anything, so Choice Band is not necesary. I don't have the numbers though.

Also, it doesn't drop Attack, just both Defences and Speed.

Which brings me to Choice Scarf. That makes a lot of sense. Again, I don't have the numbers on it, but V-Create does pull your Speed down 33%. I'd have to go see what it outspeeds after that with and without scarf.

V-Create has the power to kill anything, so Choice Band is not necesary. I don't have the numbers though.

Also, it doesn't drop Attack, just both Defences and Speed.

Which brings me to Choice Scarf. That makes a lot of sense. Again, I don't have the numbers on it, but V-Create does pull your Speed down 33%. I'd have to go see what it outspeeds after that with and without scarf.
Yeah it does make sense. Using choice scarf helps it a lot but makes you switch often due to the aftermath you said.

TTar can counter Victini by using Pursuit after Victini using V-generates, and that'll be the end of Victini. But Can Victini survive a 60 STAB Pursuit from TTar if he does not switch out ?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
In rotation Battles Trick Room Support + V create = o_0

I haven't tried it but it has a 55% chance to OHKO Physically Defensive Skarmory WITHOUT an item. For other moves there's Fusion Bolt for Water Types and Brick Break for Rock Types. Dispute the 8PP of V create, I'd Spam it like the noob I am :P

I like Searing Shot for Scarf lead in PO's Dream World UU, a lot of Sash leads who die instantly if you burn them, and if they switch to Suicune/Feraligatr/Slowbro and you get the burn it's a handy present to leave before you switch. (Final Gambit being the main move on the set, of course.)

Bulky Victini is a lost cause, though. typing kills it.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
The 14th Movie Victini will know the following moves:

-V-Create
-Fusion Bolt
-Fusion Flare
-Searing Shot

[Source]

I can see using Fusion Bolt, since it's a physical Electric attack and V-Create Victinis will likely be physical attackers. However I don't see the point in using Fusion Flare over other fire-type attacks, unless you really want the "Fusion" bonus.

As far as moveset ideas, off the top of my head:

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Adamant / Jolly
-V-Create
-Fusion Bolt
-U-Turn / Zen Headbutt / Brick Break
-Work Up / Flame Charge / misc

Fusion Bolt is actually worth some consideration. It has 10 more base power than Wild Bolt and does not cause recoil damage. It is basically a physical Electric type EQ.

Also, i dont think Victini learns Bulk Up. I think you mean "Work Up". It's too bad he can't do anything to boost his Speed.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Also, i dont think Victini learns Bulk Up. I think you mean "Work Up". It's too bad he can't do anything to boost his Speed.
Damnit, you're right about that. Still, it's an option if you really want it. Although if you really wanted you could do:

-V-Create
-Fusion Bolt
-Flame Charge
-Work Up

It's very unlikely you'll be able to get both a Flame Charge and a Work Up, unfortunately.

I wonder if it would be viable to run a Banded set

Bandini
Victini@ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Searing Shot
- Fusion Bolt
- Brick Break
- U-turn

Or is guess you could just slap a scarf/Flame charge on it and use it as a late game Sun Sweeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)