[VGC] Pizza™

Ah. I thought you were referring to Pizza Pizza pizza, not Pizza™ pizza, since Pizza pizza looks a lot like Pizza Pizza, and Pizza™ pizza is confusing because Pizza is both the brand name for their pizza and the word for pizza

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Why would I go to canada anyway, it'd probably cost me $5 per slice there. You'd think with the value of the USD plummeting shit in canada wouldn't still cost twice as much as the equivalent shit in america.

Slash those ridiculous prices and they can trademark whatever they want...

I mean it was fantastic, gigantic pizza, but come on. I dropped out of school at the age of 10 to become a pokemon master, I can't afford this!!!!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
stop talking shit Synre, you and I are totally going to show up to LCQ drunk and order an entire pie to eat in line while waiting to register

I thought I should bring this to the attention of everyone (especially those present at Indianapolis last year):

The Indianapolis Convention Center is claiming a common law trademark for the use of the term "Pizza". Just in case any of you are planning to open up a pizza shop, please do not use the term "Pizza" in the name, as you will be infringing on their intellectual property. Regardless, I for one cannot wait to patronize their establishment once again this summer.

http://www.icclos.com/Services/Food/
It won't last. You can't trademark the name of the product, otherwise it's not a trademark. Furthermore, it's not inherently adapted to distinguish, making it unregistrable under international trademark law, all of which is based off the American trademark law.

Just curious, does this "common law trademark" cover only Indianapolis? or other places? or other states? or other countries? thw whole world?

And can they do anything with business establishments with the name containing "Pizza" that were made before this trademarking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)