UU UnderUsed Ladder Tournament 2018 Playoffs - Finals (Won by Sage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

credit to the impeccable HotFuzzBall for the outstanding banner!

Welcome to the Playoffs portion of the 2018 SM UnderUsed Ladder Tournament! Now that we have reached the second stage, the 16 people who have qualified in the 4 laddering cycles will face off against each other in Best-of-Three sets in an attempt to emerge victorious.

Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Standard SM UU.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • SM cartridge win conditions are in place, there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.

The seeding after the last cycle is as follows:

1. Kink 1847
  2. SilvioGuacamole 1794
  3. xMarth 1772
  4. explodingdaisies 1765
  5. Freeroamer 1806
  6. CBU 1787
  7. yeezyknows 1785
  8. zugubu royale 1768
  9. Ov3r Ac3 1765
  10. Sage of the 6 1763
  11. PinkDragonTamer 1762
  12. Bushtush 1761
  13. Amane Misa 1755
  14. Keba mlml 1752
  15. robjr 1731
  16. Le Sabreur 1725

From this, we get the following pairings:

Quarterfinals
1 Kink vs 8 zugubu royale
13 Amane Misa vs 12 Bushtush
2 SilvioGuacamole vs 10 Sage
3 xMarth vs 6 CBU

Semifinals
8 zugubu royale vs 12 Bushtush
10 Sage vs 3 xMarth

Finals
12 Bushtush vs 10 Sage

No hard deadline, just try to get it done.

Looks like we won't be needing any subs, sorry everyone.

Good luck to all participants and I hope you all have fun playing!

Last edited:
Well let’s do some predicts shall we

1 Kink vs 16 Le Sabreur: This isn’t really a matchup I know too much about but Kink is really solid, playing a lot atm and I respect his play a lot, so going w him

8 zugubu royale vs 9 Ov3r Ac3: A really interesting series between two guys who I know qualified with stall and (as far as I’m aware) aren’t UU mains. Probably going to be one of the closer series and I’m going to give it to zugubu based solely on his NLT success

4 explodingdaisies vs 13 Amane Misa: First of the highlight series, I think Misa has a little more versatility so going with her but this could 100% go either way.

5 Freeroamer vs 12 Bushtush: What a series R1, both guys I respect a lot and the biggest series in terms of names, but it’s really tough to predict against den hero Bush.

7 yeezyknows vs 10 Sage of the 6: This is the series I’m most hyped for, between two quality players and really nice guys. It’s also probably the closest in terms of play quality, team choices etc. I can’t chose a winner and I really look forward to watching this one

3 xMarth vs 14 Kebab mlml: While this looks like a bit of a mismatch on paper, Kebab is gonna be a tough test for xMarth and there is definitely potential for an upset here. Kebab has been playing really well these four weeks, as well as making a great push this morning to nip into qualifying. Fuck it, I’m making my (only) big dick predict.

6 CBU vs 11 PinkDragonTamer: Again, a series I plan to catch live and one that I’m really excited about. Both players have been playing a ton lately and have used some really cool builds but going with CBU cause of his much better tour experience.

Rob and I plan to play at 8pm BST (British Summer Time) on Saturday, hope for a good series!!

can we get like 3 people to disappear for a week so bebo can play plz and thankyou

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
ggs cbu, those were some really great games vs. my all time uu dad, sorry to see you go after this tour ;-;7

edit: forgot to put technician on that sciz game 1, there's that tour inexperience right there for ya

Last edited:
Currently 5/6, let’s go again!

Kink vs zugubu royale: Kink looked solid in his Ro16 series and although zugubu overcame Ov3r Ac3 nicely Kink should be a much sterner test

Amane Misa vs Bushtush: Misa surprised me with some really cool prep for daisies, not one of her three teams could really be considered standard and this shock value could be really valuable in getting past Bush. This’ll be a really hype series, can’t wait to spectate this one

xMarth vs CBU: CBU just about snuck past PDT in a really close one last time around and xMarth was the only player to win in two, but CBU’s gonna be super motivated to go out with a bang with a deep run here, so I’m going with CBU in what is again, a really interesting series.

Hyped for my series vs Sage, probably be some time in the evening GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)