SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
But if they have the same Species ID... wouldn't this mean no Rockruff can get Own Tempo, even if they have a "Rockruff 1" parent?

It's like hacking a Pokemon to get a different ability and try to breed with it, only for the babies to end up with regular abilities as the game only understands ability slots.

Or are they making an exception?
Two Rockruff 1 parents can (only) have Own Tempo. Them having the same species ID is like Shellos, but they don't breed like them.

Two Rockruff 1 parents can (only) have Own Tempo. Them having the same species ID is like Shellos, but they don't breed like them.
Ah, I understand now. Own Tempo Rockruff is an alternate forme.

Then you'd just need to soft reset for a female, or get a Ditto if the one you get as an event cannot be one.

So, list of all Pokémon that now get Defog (Not adding NFE):

Ledian
Blaziken
Volbeat
Illumise
Altaria (Fuck yeah)
Castform
Chimecho
Rayquaza
Carnivine
Rotom (THE RETURN OF THE KING)
Serperior
Unfezant
Swoobat
Whimsicott
Sigilyph
Emolga
Cryogonal (I mean... sure..)
Hydreigon
Volcarona (AG Volcarona + Volcarona Core lol)
Tornadus
Thundurus
Reshiram
Zekrom
Landorus
Talonflame
Vivillon
Florges
Hawlucha
Klefki
Noivern
Xerneas
Yveltal
Volcanion
Toucannon
Oricorio
Rimbombee
Comfey
Sylvally
Drampa
Tapu Koko
Lunala

(A lot of Pokémon that couldn't get it with their HA, like Zapdos and Gliscor)

Some new things:
Holy shit Defog. Now we have Rotom-Wash Defogging, Lando-T defogging, Serperior defogging, KLEFKI defogging, Poison Heal Gliscor defogging etc. This is fucking great.

Liquidation finally gives Barbaracle and Kingler reliable STABs to use with their abilities. And also lets make Gatr just a TINCY bit stronger now why don't we?

In terms of new moves on the Alola mons, Lurantis can abuse Superpower now to take advantage of its higher Attack stat, Crabominable gets Thunder Punch to deal with Skarm and Celesteela, Silvally gets Defog (but no recovery smh), KOMMO-O GETS CLOSE COMBAT, Bewear gets Drain Punch (Could AV work now here?), and so does Buzzwole. STICKY WEB ARAQUANID too. Probably a lot more I could discuss, but w/e I don't have the time right now.

The new dex also features all of the other fossils, Lickitung's line, Kecleon, CRAWDAUNT, Claydol, Aipom's line, Skrelp/Clauncher, and probably some others I'm forgetting now. Still, if Crawdaunt isn't available too late I can bet your ass I'll be having one on my team.

So, list of all Pokémon that now get Defog (Not adding NFE):
Cryogonal (I mean... sure..)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this make Cryogonal the only Pokemon that can learn both Rapid Spin and Defog? (not counting Smeargle, of course)

Either way, good to see widespread hazard control, though plenty of those Pokemon that can learn Defog... I really can't get why they'd be able to learn it. I can guess they are blowing the fog away, but it's still kind of a weak reason...

Also, Suicune doesn't get Defog...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this make Cryogonal the only Pokemon that can learn both Rapid Spin and Defog? (not counting Smeargle, of course)

Either way, good to see widespread hazard control, though plenty of those Pokemon that can learn Defog... I really can't get why they'd be able to learn it. I can guess they are blowing the fog away, but it's still kind of a weak reason...
Realistically they just decided to peace up with gen 4 having Defog HM which was a pretty easy to learn ability.

Do we know exactly how the player triggers Necrozma’s true form transformation yet (and what forms you can do it *from*)? I noticed it’s an in battle transformation in the text file, so is it like Primals, megas or do you have to meet a certain condition to activate it?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I thought this went without saying, but let's not post Story Related Content in this thread. A lot of people are interested in the new moves/stats/mons etc and do not want to be story spoiled!

Please post anything regarding the story or trainers in this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ultra-sun-ultra-moon-story-spoilers.3620029/

I know everyone is excited about the leaks and the datamines we have, but let's keep the information in the correct threads for the benefit of everyone.

Realistically they just decided to peace up with gen 4 having Defog HM which was a pretty easy to learn ability.
Thing is, Defog before this game was almost exclusively given to Pokemon that had wings.

Now they decided to give Defog to whatever they felt like giving it to.

(That being said, I find it nice that they gave Defog to Silvally as Arceus can also learn the move)

GEn 5+ Pokemon with Defog only from tutor (if the move IDs (defog as 62) are correct) (going for the ones that were post HM defog)

• Serperior Line
  • Unfeasant Line
  • Swoobat Line
  • Whimsicott Line (Prankster Defog... Nice)
  • Sigilyph
  • Swanna Line
  • Emolga
  • Cryogonal
  • Braviary Line
  • Hydreigon
  • Volcarona
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Landorus
  • Smogonbirb Talonflame Line
  • Vivillon
  • Florges?
  • Hawlucha
  • Klefki?!?!?
  • Noivern Line
  • Xerneas
  • Bacon Birb Yveltal
  • Volcanion
  • Toucannon Line
  • Oricorio
  • Ribombee Line
  • Comfey
  • Silvally (Hey... finally has a use that isn't just patching types... or CB go boom)
  • Drampa
  • Tapu koko!
  • Lunala

some interesting ones there

Defog Landorus-T rip meta

still going to remain unbanned anyway what's the point
"Who is this Mew and Latios you are talking about?"

I find Thundurus's case to be pretty sad, as it gets priority Defog to stand out... only for Tapu Koko getting it as well, and being so fast it doesn't care about it not having increased priority.

PS: Just checked, and Cryogonal is indeed the first Pokemon ever to be able to learn both Rapid Spin and Defog without using Sketch.

GEn 5+ Pokemon with Defog only from tutor (if the move IDs (defog as 62) are correct) (going for the ones that were post HM defog)

• Serperior Line
  • Unfeasant Line
  • Swoobat Line
  • Whimsicott Line (Prankster Defog... Nice)
  • Sigilyph
  • Swanna Line
  • Emolga
  • Cryogonal
  • Braviary Line
  • Hydreigon
  • Volcarona
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Landorus
  • Smogonbirb Talonflame Line
  • Vivillon
  • Florges?
  • Hawlucha
  • Klefki?!?!?
  • Noivern Line
  • Xerneas
  • Bacon Birb Yveltal
  • Volcanion
  • Toucannon Line
  • Oricorio
  • Ribombee Line
  • Comfey
  • Silvally (Hey... finally has a use that isn't just patching types... or CB go boom)
  • Drampa
  • Tapu koko!
  • Lunala

some interesting ones there
There's also some from before Gen 5 that previously didn't get it but now do - Altaria, Ledian, Chimecho, Carnivine, Rotom, Volbeat, Illumise and Blaziken.

Last edited:
Island Scans:

Melemele: Charmander, Squirtle, Onix, Horsea, Scatterbug, Bulbasaur, Litwick

Akala: Ralts, Spheal, Combusken, Honedge, Beedrill, Grovyle, Marshtomp

Ula'ula: Rhyhorn, Swinub, Prinplup, Grotle, Pidgeot, Monferno, Axew

Poni: Eelektross, Aggron, Rotom, Leavanny, Chesnaught, Greninja, Delphox

Source: SciresM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)