Tournament Ubers Winter Team Tour - Managers Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
Hello everyone, I'm glad to announce that the first edition of the Ubers Winter Tour will start off with the selection of team managers. Only post in this thread if you would like to manage a team – all other posts will be deleted. Returning managers will have relatively stronger claims, but in the end we (the UWT hosts and Ubers moderation teams) will be selecting the managers that we believe will make for the best UWT. You must signup in this thread to manage. You must be active for the entire tournament (approx. 2 months) and be capable of sending in weekly lineups on time.

I'll be with MrAldo hosting the tour.

Some important general rules:

1. Managers are allowed one (1) Assistant Manager.
2. Managers and Assistant Managers may self-purchase prior to auction for 20,000 credits each.
3. Each team will be granted 130,000 credits.
4. There will be ten (10) starters and three (3) substitutes: the minimum number of players on a team is thirteen (13).
5. The maximum number of players on a team is twenty-six (26).
6. Just as with SPL there will be a severe penalty for any team that picks up a known alt of a banned player, or any player masquerading as another person. It is important to establish that both parties will be penalized immediately and appropriately if they are found doing so.
7. Each week, Managers can "boost" one slot, making it worth 2 wins (if both teams boost the same slot, it is worth 3 wins). After 5 weeks of competition, the top two teams with the most individual wins will then advance to finals.

The tentative tiers that will be featured this year are:

- Best of Three SS
- SS
- SS
- USM
- ORAS
- BW
- DPP
- ADV
- GSC
- RBY

Note that the RBY slot may be dropped and replaced for an other tier depending on how many signups we get for it.

We are considering six teams, contingent on signups, so don't be afraid to signup.

Signing Up:

At minimum you must include the following in your post. If you do not yet have an assistant manager, leave it blank and edit when selected. Have your assistant manager confirm by liking the post. An assistant manager is highly encouraged. Both the manager and the assistant manager will have the option to self-purchase prior to auction for exactly 20,000 credits.

Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role):
Bio (quick intro on who you are):

Signups will be open at least until January 9th.

Last edited:

byulharang

formerly Holy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Assistant Manager: MMII
Team Name: InSomnia Giratina (probably this)
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I've played in a good amount of team tours ranging from winning to deadlast so I think I have enough experience to lead a team, mm2 is basically the Drizzlers.
Bio (quick intro on who you are): I've been in the community for years as an active + good presence with experience in every generation. Im very in touch with new players + known players so playerbase knowledge isn't a problem at all, legendary Dave taught me the art of drafting when we teamed up last UPL. MM2 doesn't need an intro hes was here in UPL1 kek. We would love to manage a team together this tour and would try our hardest to lead a winning team.

Assistant Manager: FatFighter2
Team Name: Zacian Waifus
Significant Team Tour Experience: I played in UPL VI, VII, IX, and UWC I. ff2 played in UPL IX, UWC I, and SCL I.
Bio (quick intro on who you are): I've played Ubers tours since 2016, and ff2 has quickly emerged as one of the best SS players. We know the playerbase well and have what it takes to win the tour in gracious fashion.

Last edited:

Thor

The Most Wanted
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor
Assistant Manager: Alpha Rabbit
Team Name: Astral Assassins
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I've played a lot of teamtours in smogon, as well played 2 UPLs, won last most wanted and managed in UWC I, Rabbit also has a lot of experience with teamtours, played 3 UPLs and was part of this team in Most Wanted, also has managed in RUPL,RUWC and made playoffs in SCL I as manager.
Bio (quick intro on who you are): I've been active for a long time in the Ubers community and I know the playerpool of each generation, I have experience as a manager, I promise to be active and from Rabbit you can still expect a good activity and he has already proven to be a good manager.

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
Assistant Manager:
Team Name: Celebi's Fanclub
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): won in UPL (4-2 record), am currently sitting at semi finals tiebreak for RU Snake (3-0 record), made wcop finals, (3-2 record) We dont talk about MW. Never captained before but i understand how it works.
Bio (quick intro on who you are): Hey, i'm that guy everybody calls Billy for some reason, or ppl know me for farming near every suspect under the sun. Been active for around 2(?) years by now on this site, active in Ubers and RU specifically, with dabbling in nearly everything else.

Theia

Programmed for the final function
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Assistant Manager: Fardin
Team Name: Litwicks
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I managed AGPL III and PSPL IX, fardin managed AGPL III with me as well as AGPL II prior and was part of the winning UPL tea last year.
Bio (quick intro on who you are): PS admin, Tournaments RO, used to dealing with people and feel like I can help create a good team environment.

The Dovahneer

UPL Champion
Co-Manager: Goat Heart ♥
Team Name: Qwillfish Qwillas
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I've played in MW1, UPL 8, MW2, UPL 9, and UWC, GH played in all of these as well as UPL 7 and managed a UWC finalist team
Bio (quick intro on who you are): I'm an oldhead player that's been playing the Ubers metagame since the BW2 era, been a room voice for a good while as well. GH and I are committed to fostering an active team environment to create a more engaging tournament experience for both our players and the tournament as a whole.

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
Hosts decided the managers, it's about time to announce them !

Funky Frost Monkeys managed by Staxi and keys
Luminous Lunalas managed by Lunala and Fc
InSomnia Giratinas managed by Holy Ghost and MMII
Zacian Waifus managed by Highlord and FatFighter2
Litwicks managed by Nol and Fardin
Qwillfish Qwillas managed by The Dovahneer and Goat Heart ♥

Managers if you desire a different color for admin use throughout the tournament, you must PM the exact hex number you prefer. The color must also make logical sense with your team name.

Thank you to everyone who signed up to manage, commencement will be posted shortly !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)