Trying out Sandstorm

Here is my Sandstorm team so far. I like each pokemon individually, but I'm afraid my team might not be balanced very well. I'm new to competitive battling, so please tell me what I should change, and what is good. Thanks!

Aerodactyl @Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock

My suicidal lead pokemon. Uses Taunt to stop opponents from setting up rocks. With its fast speed and Focus Sash, I can guarantee that I will get some rocks up. Stone Edge for STAB if it survives.

Tyranitar @Choice Band
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Nature: Adamant
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Pursuit

TTAR!! Activates Sandstorm with his ability. A Choice Banded Stone Edge is extremely powerful, though not as accurate as Crunch. Earthquake is for Steel and Fighting types. Pursuit catches pokemon switching out. I have trouble with Choice Band pokemon, though, since I'm stuck using the same move over and over.

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Nature: Sassy
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball

Spikes piles on top of the Stealth Rocks that Aerodactyl put up. Leech Seed is always a good move. Power Whip is the main attack, and Gyro Ball gets a boost from Ferrothorn's low speed. I wasn't sure about the EVs on him, debating whether I should more on Special Defense or not.

Garchomp @Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Fire Fang

SD Garchomp has treated me well in the past. Life Orb gives him an attack boost, and Jolly nature and Speed EVs allow him to usually go first and sweep. Dragon Claw and Earthquake are STAB and Fire Fang is for Steel pokemon.

Metagross @Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Thunderpunch
-Agility

After using Agility, Metagross approaches legendary pokemon status. Meteor Mash is the main attack and has a chance of raising Attack. I put Earthquake on him to combat Fire, Electric, and other Steels. Thunderpunch is for Skarmory, Gyarados, and Water pokemon.

Excadrill @Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor
-Swords Dance

Another pokemon with Earthquake (that makes 5 of my pokemon with Earthquake!) but Excadrill does it best. Speed is boosted by Sandstorm and makes it seem like he should be banned. I was debating on whether to replace X-Scissor with Brick Break in order to deal with other Balloon pokemon, including enemy Excadrills.

although not detailed, the above comment is right, i would suggest running a slightly different tyranitar set;

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fire punch (Toxic is an option i have used if you're not so hot on fire punch)
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
this set gets rid of the choice issue and also handles any ice types trying to take out your team, and fire punch also takes care of that pesky ol' ferrothorn
you also may want to change thunderpunch to fire punch on metagross for the same reasons, you could have one or the other or maybe even both (:

A similar Tyranitar to the one MegaChrisHimself posted just destroyed my Aerodactyl and then Ferrothorn. He then destroyed the rest of my team with a Gliscor and a Garchomp.

I'm terrible at this, lol

I think I'm going to switch out Aerodactyl and Metagross, putting in a Suicune and either a Landorus or Gliscor. Thoughts?

your best bet is to use a landorus lead, personally i would suggest this set:

Landorus @ life orb / normal gem (if you want to run explosion for suicide)
adamant nature (some say jolly, i say no)
EVs : 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 Speed
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion/Brick Break/Hammer arm (hammer arm is only a viable choice if running jolly)
- Protect (filler, you may wish to take one of the three moves above that you havent used)
pretty standard, nice coverage and (if you run explosion) a nice way out at low hp, pretty sweet to be honest, i suggest you use this set and fiddle with it until it suits you (:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)