ORAS OU Trinary Claws - Mega Metagross + Keldeo Bulky Offense

After a while, I've decided to return with my next RMT, starring a certain recent suspect subject. However, in this RMT, I will not heavily discuss my opinions on whether Metagross should have been banned or ask the people here about their opinion, but I will say that this team is the main reason for my happiness over him not being banned. This team revolves around one of my former favorite pokemon as a little kid, the complete hax magnet, Mega Metagross.

Now, this team is the culmination of four different tries to make a Mega Metagross team. By no means are they the same team, and by no means, are they superior to the ones that came after. This take on the team is an attempt at creating a Mega Metagross team around the MMeta + Keldeo core, where the objective is to abuse Volt-Turn to whittle down the opposing team, punch holes with Mega Metagross, then sweep with Sub CM Keldeo if the opportunity presents itself.

Teambuilding Process:
Mega Metagross and Keldeo make a solid core both in terms of synergy and eliminating threats. Mega Metagross checks most, if not everything that resists Keldeo’s STABs, and pursuit trapping Latis as well, while Keldeo takes on bulky grounds such as defensive Lando-T, Gliscor, and Hippowdon.​
Raikou is a pokemon that I’m beginning to use on every offensive team I make. Previously, I despised it’s underwhelming power, but I soon appreciated what it brought to the table.​
Scarfed Landorus-T brought more speed to the team, another way to deal with Thundurus, and kept momentum up. The team seemed weak to Quagsire by now, so I added Grass Knot on it.​
Ferrothorn was put in over pokemon like Hippowdon and Heatran since it was less disruptive to the overall synergy of the team, still offered great support, Lati switch-ins and sealed off Mega Gyarados.​
Specially Defensive Rotom-W was finally added in to deal with Talonflame, Lando-I, and speed creep Bisharp as well, since Keldeo can’t always stop it.​

The Team:

Ironsides (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit Grass Knot
- Hammer Arm

When I was little, I adored Metagross. It was an awesome metal beast on four legs, what kind of six year old wouldn't like it? Eventually, it began to fall in viability, so much to the point that I facepalm whenever I hear anybody say,"Who thought that Metagross needed a mega?" Now, Mega Metagross is a fantastic pokemon, that’s for sure. While it’s not the most versatile, has no access to solid power boosting moves, it can patch off offensive weaknesses and murder things slower than it. While Mega Metagross is bulky, I’m still more than a little careful switching it into things, after all, there’s next to no bulk investment in the thing. Dual STABs and Hammer Arm are standard, but Pursuit allows for Mega Metagross to trap and murder Latis for Keldeo, or just a Jirachi locked into Iron Head.

Scythian (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Mega Sableye has had a big impact on the metagame, and the increasing popularity of this set is a sign of it. Sub CM Keldeo provides a solid win condition against weakened teams and pumps water in the face of Mega Sableye. Even though I could have placed my last EV in HP, that would mean that if Keldeo was tricked a non-choice item, it wouldn’t be able to set up four substitutes, and physical defense is the side that’s not being boosted. While originally, I was quite reluctant to use this set because of the immediate power or revenge killing ability choice items gave, Sub CM pulls its weight in another way. Furthermore, I didn't really think that this set would work against offensive teams due to the speed creep, but it wasn't deadweight.

Saber (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ever since I was suggested Raikou as a replacement for Gengar on my Mega Scizor HO team, I’ve began to slap it on every offensive team I make. While I don’t believe that it’s actually a particularly effective Talonflame check due to most SD sets and some Band sets running Jolly, but it fills in a hole that Mega Metagross and Keldeo left open - Slowbro and Thundurus play havoc on the core. While Raikou does not necessarily counter either, it definitely makes it a lot easier to deal with them. In addition, Raikou also provides a fast Volt Switch to the team to finish off some pokemon and get a more favorable match-up against what’s left of the opposing team, or Thunderbolt can just be used.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Clefable was suggested by AD impish john. It can be used to replace Rotom-W if you wish, although the set is up to what you feel most comfortable with.

Hammerhead (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Grass Knot Knock Off

Landorus-Therian can be compared to those annoying flies in your dining room that don’t like to die. Sure, you might kill one, but there's going to be another one - soon. Lando-T finds its way onto many of my teams too. Even with all the pressure that’s been applied to it to run more and more speed, and ultimately being unable to beat a few things it previously could, scarfed Lando-T still has utility, being one of the few viable scarfers with U-turn coming off of their dominant offense. The set is quite standard with the exception of Grass Knot - quite the strange addition. Quagsire walls the majority of the team, and Grass Knot can cripple it or KO after a little bit of prior damage. Regardless or whether it’s still as viable or not, it’s still seen around and this team doesn’t need the last slot for anything else. True, Pursuit on Metagross is unnecessary, now it's the one with Grass Knot.

Barbed Wire (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD / 8 Spe
IVs: 0 Spe
Impish Relaxed Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Ferrothorn is a pokemon that I love and hate, when either emotion is felt is self-explanatory. This Ferrothorn set may seem quite a bit strange, but it’s does its job. The EVs are almost standard, with the exception of the eight speed EVs. Their purpose is to outspeed 4 Spe Mega Sableye, and things speed creeping Mega Sableye, so that it can Power Whip if a Mega Sableye or a weakened Mega Camerupt, and I haven’t found a purpose for the standard spread avoiding any KOs (If anybody knows, please inform me). Thunder Wave is run on this Ferrothorn set to cripple prominent pokemon such as Mega Metagross, DD Mega Altaria, and Latis. Leech Seed provides much appreciated recovery for Ferrothorn and its allies, along with inducing a desire to forfeit.

Dysfunction (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe 124 SpD / 136 Spe
Bold Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Wash was once my teambuilding crutch, the pokemon that I was almost incapable of not bringing to battle. It’s easy to slap on a team, since it has little to worry about in weaknesses and brings valuable resistances to the table. Eventually, I used other pokemon, but sometimes, I still feel like it's the best 'mon to put in. Talonflame still shredded this team to pieces of charred metal, incinerated fur, sliced off hooves, and clouds of sand. The HP and SpD EVs allow for Rotom-W to survive two Sludge Waves from Modest Lando-I, another thing that destroys this team, and retaliate with a Hydro Pump. Pain Split allows for Rotom-W to abuse HP from opposing pokemon to continually check what it needs to. Will-O-Wisp is a great asset to this team, stopping sweepers, and whittling down walls.

Conclusion:

Overall, this team is the least tested variant, but it seems to function the most smoothly as of now. Even on auto-pilot, the Volt-Turn core does decently (Unless there's a Tank Chomp on the other end), and despite the relative low amount of hard-hitters, this team seems to be able to take enough hits to bring them in. However, it has the least testing out of all variants, and I believe that improvements definitely can be made.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
Latios was suggested as a replacement for Rotom-W by Toupip.

Importable: (Warning, contains Latios as a replacement for Rotom-W)

Ironsides (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Naive Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Grass Knot
- Hammer Arm

Scythian (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Saber (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hammerhead (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Barbed Wire (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

F/A-18 (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-220966344 (No real clear win-con this battle, don't be afriaid of such situations, just assess the most valuable member you have)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-220964643 (How to get scared of hax and as a result, get haxed)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-220935067 (When somebody thinks you aren't running Sub CM. Yes, the other guy had weird sets, but that misplay...)

Last edited:
Hey, your team is fairly standard (Which isn't a bad thing) meaning there's not to much to change. I will however recommend the use of Protect or Gyro Ball over Thunder Wave, as you already have a form of speed control in scarf Landorus-T and also the fact that your team is already very fast and Ferrothorn could benefit a lot more from the use of one of these moves. Finally as much as I think Grass Knot is a really cool move to run on Landorus-T, it screams set up bait. It also fails to do any significant damage to any non x4 weak Pokemon like Slowbro and Rotom-W. In the conclusion having grass knot is more of a hinder to your team and considering that Ferrothorn can already handle Quagsire and other x4 grass weak Pokemon you should really use Knock Off over Grass Knot. Knock Off actually provides a service that no other member on your team is currently offering and considering that Knock Off is arguable the best move in the sixth generation of Pokemon and has been considered an essential to some to have on all there teams, I highly recommend it as a great coverage move that can leave your opponent devastated. I hope you were able to gain something or at least enjoyed my rate and I hope for the future success of you and your team!

Hey, your team is fairly standard (Which isn't a bad thing) meaning there's not to much to change. I will however recommend the use of Protect or Gyro Ball over Thunder Wave, as you already have a form of speed control in scarf Landorus-T and also the fact that your team is already very fast and Ferrothorn could benefit a lot more from the use of one of these moves. Finally as much as I think Grass Knot is a really cool move to run on Landorus-T, it screams set up bait. It also fails to do any significant damage to any non x4 weak Pokemon like Slowbro and Rotom-W. In the conclusion having grass knot is more of a hinder to your team and considering that Ferrothorn can already handle Quagsire and other x4 grass weak Pokemon you should really use Knock Off over Grass Knot. Knock Off actually provides a service that no other member on your team is currently offering and considering that Knock Off is arguable the best move in the sixth generation of Pokemon and has been considered an essential to some to have on all there teams, I highly recommend it as a great coverage move that can leave your opponent devastated. I hope you were able to gain something or at least enjoyed my rate and I hope for the future success of you and your team!
My main problem with not having Grass Knot is that with my luck, Ferrothorn tends to get burned by bulky waters. I've used Knock Off previously, but at the same time, a Choice Locked Earthquake or a Knock Off against a Mega also screams set-up fodder, even if it's less so. However, running Protect over T-Wave is definitely something that I'll do, because while I previously always appreciated the extra coverage of Gyro Ball, sometimes I feel like I need more lefties recovery and it takes pressure off of predictions on Choice-Locked pokemon. Trying out Gyro Ball will help with Mega Altaria as well, so that's another plus. Regardless, thanks for the rate!

Nice team, very standard, but nice.
I agree with the above however that you should run Knock Off on Lando over Grass Knot and replace Pursuit on Megagross with Grass Knot. Megagross would be better to use Grass Knot since it doesn't kill your momentum like it would on Scarfed Lando, Grass Knot does not play into Lando's primary offensive style (which is physical) and it's intended for a limited variety of threats (fat Waters); as such, it you predict wrong and don't catch your fat Water off guard then you lose you momentum like a train crash, mispredicting with its other moves are generally less consequential since they are likely to to a fair bit of damage to most things (though using Earthquake when a Flying or Levitater switches in is shit). You get my point, Megagross can use a different attack after if you misplay with Grass Knot and you can bounce back. Pursuit is only for Lati@s and some other Psychics anyway really, and you have Shadow Ball Raikou and you would have Knock Off support with Lando too for them. You could try HP Ice though for opposing Landos and Gliscors, but that has the same issue as Grass Knot really.
I'd also recommend switching the defensive typings of your Ferro and Rotom, run Bold Rotom and Sassy Ferro. Really, I see SpD Rotom a lot and I don't know why, it's not really any use since the Greninja ban and you lack a Birdspam counter, and before you say anything, Scarfed Lando is not a Birdspam counter:
+1 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 273-322 (85.5 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Physically defensive Rotom-W will relieve this issue greatly. Meanwhile, Sassy Ferro is your tried and tested 'tank a Hyper Voice and Focus Blast from Mega Gardevoir and KO with Gyro Ball' set, you do have a Megagross but Gard is a pretty damn big issue for this team, being able to O-2HKO everything, you can't sleep on it without a contingency plan.
You also have literally no need for that 8 speed on Ferro. Yeah, it lets you outspeed min speed Sableye, great, what does that do for you? You can't get Rocks up, you can't Leech Seed it, Gyro Ball does jack shit to it, so does Power Whip. It's redundant investment that did better in its defences. Don't try to be clever with your EVs if they ultimately get you nowhere.
Hope this helped. :]

Meatier Mash (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Shiny: Yes
Naughty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot

Doge (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Wet Balls (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Pineapple (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

you shoudl put hammar arm over brick break the speed is more important than thd amage honelstly and brick break takes out all the major playes metor mash and zen headbutt take care of. Also on your metgross i would put hone claws for the accuracty biffs for metor mash and zen head butt while also increating your attack. You would obvioly liv eone attack adn be able to dish out so damage for those other tan scarfers and with those with higher than 11o base.

I wouldn't advise either of those. When you're looking for a wall-breaker then you need the power, and the drop in speed is really not agonisingly detrimental. In fact it actually helps against shit like Ferro to lessen Gyro Ball damage. Brick Break cannot 2HKO Ferro. It cannot OHKO offensive Tran or defensive after Rocks. Hammer Arm is your best bet.
Hone Claws is also a waste, it's not like you're running agonisingly poor accuracy moves, your moves are 90%. You'd also appreciate the additional coverage over a rather wasted boost. If Megagross got Swords Dance or Bulk Up it would be everywhere, but it doesn't, it gets mediocre Hone Claws for power, which isn't worth the turn to set up. If you want to set up then run Agility to at least better your chances against offence.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Standard 99% I agree with Der Twist 100%. Here are a few changes:

Ferro should run 0 speed EVs gyro ball needs to hit hard if your doing that.

Lando-T with grass knot is unviable, Lando-T is a Physical attacker. If you want a special attacker use lando-i as it can hit heavy damage. If not change it to knock off for eviolite chansey that get in your way.

IMO but pursuit seems greedy on Metagross. I would change it to sub for bisharp that don't expect it, then you can hammer arm.

You seem very Mega Sableye weak I would change rotom into a fairy type pokemon. (such as clefable) as sabyleye hates fairys. You could make clefable a cleric to help your team in status conditions and HP. Raikou can beat talon, Lando-I can be beat by Raikou/Keldeo, and keldeo checks bisharp as well.

Sets:

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Hope I helped :]

Nice team, very standard, but nice.
I agree with the above however that you should run Knock Off on Lando over Grass Knot and replace Pursuit on Megagross with Grass Knot. Megagross would be better to use Grass Knot since it doesn't kill your momentum like it would on Scarfed Lando, Grass Knot does not play into Lando's primary offensive style (which is physical) and it's intended for a limited variety of threats (fat Waters); as such, it you predict wrong and don't catch your fat Water off guard then you lose you momentum like a train crash, mispredicting with its other moves are generally less consequential since they are likely to to a fair bit of damage to most things (though using Earthquake when a Flying or Levitater switches in is shit). You get my point, Megagross can use a different attack after if you misplay with Grass Knot and you can bounce back. Pursuit is only for Lati@s and some other Psychics anyway really, and you have Shadow Ball Raikou and you would have Knock Off support with Lando too for them. You could try HP Ice though for opposing Landos and Gliscors, but that has the same issue as Grass Knot really.
I'd also recommend switching the defensive typings of your Ferro and Rotom, run Bold Rotom and Sassy Ferro. Really, I see SpD Rotom a lot and I don't know why, it's not really any use since the Greninja ban and you lack a Birdspam counter, and before you say anything, Scarfed Lando is not a Birdspam counter:
+1 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 273-322 (85.5 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Physically defensive Rotom-W will relieve this issue greatly. Meanwhile, Sassy Ferro is your tried and tested 'tank a Hyper Voice and Focus Blast from Mega Gardevoir and KO with Gyro Ball' set, you do have a Megagross but Gard is a pretty damn big issue for this team, being able to O-2HKO everything, you can't sleep on it without a contingency plan.
You also have literally no need for that 8 speed on Ferro. Yeah, it lets you outspeed min speed Sableye, great, what does that do for you? You can't get Rocks up, you can't Leech Seed it, Gyro Ball does jack shit to it, so does Power Whip. It's redundant investment that did better in its defences. Don't try to be clever with your EVs if they ultimately get you nowhere.
Hope this helped. :]

Meatier Mash (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Shiny: Yes
Naughty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot

Doge (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Wet Balls (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Pineapple (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll implement them all one way or the other!

Standard 99% I agree with Der Twist 100%. Here are a few changes:

Ferro should run 0 speed EVs gyro ball needs to hit hard if your doing that.

Lando-T with grass knot is unviable, Lando-T is a Physical attacker. If you want a special attacker use lando-i as it can hit heavy damage. If not change it to knock off for eviolite chansey that get in your way.

IMO but pursuit seems greedy on Metagross. I would change it to sub for bisharp that don't expect it, then you can hammer arm.

You seem very Mega Sableye weak I would change rotom into a fairy type pokemon. (such as clefable) as sabyleye hates fairys. You could make clefable a cleric to help your team in status conditions and HP. Raikou can beat talon, Lando-I can be beat by Raikou/Keldeo, and keldeo checks bisharp as well.

Sets:

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Hope I helped :]
The Sableye weakness is true, and while Sub CM Keldeo is tailored to beat it, that's not going to be the case all the time if the opposing guy plays it right. However, the Rotom-W was added onto the team specifically for Talonflame (Raikou gets smoked by a Jolly +2 Flare Blitz), Rock Polish Lando-I (Which Raikou isn't beating), and a secondary check to Bisharp if Keldeo is too pressured. In addition, though, it seems to be able to deal with Thundurus reasonably well, and I have a scarfed Lando-T for checking regardless. In fact, I feel like replacing Raikou instead with Clefable. Regardless, both of you helped.

Hello.

Mega Sableye is quite a threat for you, nobody on your team can take a burn, nor has chance to 2hko him, and the only 'mon who can win one on one against him, Keldeo, is totally fucked up by burns.

Dragon Dance Mega Altaria is also another problem, especially if paired up with Magnezone, or simply if it has Fire Blast on its moveset, as such I would change Ferrothorn to Unaware Stealth Rocks Clefable

Thanks to unaware, Clefable does not care about stat boosters like Calm Mind Mega Sableye, Calm Mind (mega) Slowbro, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, etc; while you still get a Stealth Rocks user, with heal bell so that random burns won't trouble your team that much, it is also a much more better latios switch in than ferrothorn, due to the fact that many of them run Hidden Power Fire on their moveset, and nothing from latios can actually 2hko Clefable.

Set:

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

Hope it helped, good luck!

Hello.

Mega Sableye is quite a threat for you, nobody on your team can take a burn, nor has chance to 2hko him, and the only 'mon who can win one on one against him, Keldeo, is totally fucked up by burns.

Dragon Dance Mega Altaria is also another problem, especially if paired up with Magnezone, or simply if it has Fire Blast on its moveset, as such I would change Ferrothorn to Unaware Stealth Rocks Clefable

Thanks to unaware, Clefable does not care about stat boosters like Calm Mind Mega Sableye, Calm Mind (mega) Slowbro, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, etc; while you still get a Stealth Rocks user, with heal bell so that random burns won't trouble your team that much, it is also a much more better latios switch in than ferrothorn, due to the fact that many of them run Hidden Power Fire on their moveset, and nothing from latios can actually 2hko Clefable.

Set:

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

Hope it helped, good luck!
I'll try making Clefable Unaware, and replacing Ferrothorn back and forth when I have some time. Thanks for the suggestions!

Hey there thats a pretty cool team you got there, i really like that volturn because you're pressuring a lot with your duo Metagross+Keldeo, which is great for you and give a lot of momentum, though i notice some weakness that can be covered.

• First i notice a big keldeo and charizard y weakness, your team lack of solid answer and even if keldeo will have a hard time to come on your team it will still be an issue for you to check it, and the fact that im mentioning keldeo is because most of time he's paired with charizard y which is pretty lame for you since you wont be able to check both same time especiall when they can come on your team (ferrothorn/rotom-w/keldeo/landorus locked), i'd suggest Latios hp fire over rotom-w, latios is a solid option for your team because he allow you to be safer against Keldeo/Charizard y, and hp fire can help you to lure ferrothorn which is still great for you. Even if you're losing a part of your volturn core thats not really annoying because rotom and raikou are similar in their volt switch process since they both got similar check so you don't lose momentum. Plus now you're better against venusaur/Landorus-i.
  • Then i suggest you to use that spread on Landorus-T ==> EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe Jolly Nature, with that spread you will be able to outspeed Excadrill scarf jolly which can give you enough evs for a little bulk (which is always helpful) and it also increase your chance of not getting faster if you're using uturn against another scarf landorus like this you will keep momentum which is pretty good for your team since you're also using volturn.
  • Raikou is a solid member and i wouldn't removed it in addition to make your team more gengar weak here and you're clearly losing your momentum when doing it, plus it allow thing like Zard to come in and make damage.
I hope i Helped :]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Hey there thats a pretty cool team you got there, i really like that volturn because you're pressuring a lot with your duo Metagross+Keldeo, which is great for you and give a lot of momentum, though i notice some weakness that can be covered.

• First i notice a big keldeo and charizard y weakness, your team lack of solid answer and even if keldeo will have a hard time to come on your team it will still be an issue for you to check it, and the fact that im mentioning keldeo is because most of time he's paired with charizard y which is pretty lame for you since you wont be able to check both same time especiall when they can come on your team (ferrothorn/rotom-w/keldeo/landorus locked), i'd suggest Latios hp fire over rotom-w, latios is a solid option for your team because he allow you to be safer against Keldeo/Charizard y, and hp fire can help you to lure ferrothorn which is still great for you. Even if you're losing a part of your volturn core thats not really annoying because rotom and raikou are similar in their volt switch process since they both got similar check so you don't lose momentum. Plus now you're better against venusaur/Landorus-i.
  • Then i suggest you to use that spread on Landorus-T ==> EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe Jolly Nature, with that spread you will be able to outspeed Excadrill scarf jolly which can give you enough evs for a little bulk (which is always helpful) and it also increase your chance of not getting faster if you're using uturn against another scarf landorus like this you will keep momentum which is pretty good for your team since you're also using volturn.
  • Raikou is a solid member and i wouldn't removed it in addition to make your team more gengar weak here and you're clearly losing your momentum when doing it, plus it allow thing like Zard to come in and make damage.
I hope i Helped :]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

I am very aware of the standard Lando-T spread, since I previously used it, but the extra speed on something that tries to just speed creep that spread in particular can come in handy, even if it's situational, the defense doesn't make a very big difference either. Replacing Rotom-W with Latios and pulling Raikou back sounds pretty good, since TBH, I never really had that big of a problem with Mega Sableye thanks to Sub + CM even if it was annoying. I'll be using Roost over Recover though, even if the latter looks cooler, the former may fool people into EQ'ing as I roost. I like the attention to detail in Recover, since Latios gets more or less 2HKO'd by a Modest 'Zard Y Fire Blast (From personal experience as a former 'Zard Y main), and can't OHKO back, but recovery lets it stall out Fire Blasts, fish for misses, or get ready for it to come back in when it gets threatened out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)