ORAS Doubles OU Tricky

Whoo, it's actually a doubles team this time! This is a trick room team I developed, and has given me incredible results thus far (for the most part), but I would love ratings still.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Skill Swap
- Night Shade

Ah, Dusclops. One of my favorite members of the team by far. He's here to provide support to my team, and has very much enjoyed toying with the opposing team. Obviously, Trick Room is going to be used on him, that's what nearly all Dusclops do in doubles (that I've seen.) Helping Hand is used to provide a boost to one of my pokemon's attacks when the chance presents itself. I can say now, Almost no Pokemon enjoys taking a HH Blizzard, Ice Punch, Close Combat or just about any move. Skill Swap seemed strange when I first saw it. Turns out it's really fun and useful, rendering Poison Heal Gliscor, Flash Fire Heatran, and Mega Kangaskhan pretty much useless while also hurting other pokemon that rely on their abilities, or just have good abilities in general. Night Shade is there to ensure I won't be forced to switch due to taunt. My investments are where they are to ensure Dusclops will live just about anything, even the dreaded Knock Off, and make full usage of it's eviolite.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Knock Off

Here we have Hariyama, another favorite of mine (Especially when paired with Mesprit) who is here to Fake Out anything that may impede the Trick Room from being put up, and then acting as the world's greates wrecking ball after. Fake Out, as I said just now, is used to make sure that a Trick Room will be going up or to remove anything that may want to be revenge killed. Close Combat is powerful! Any pokemon that doesn't resist (sometimes even the ones that do) are going to feel the equivalent to getting way to drunk and waking up hogtied in some cartel leader's basement with a massive headache, a sprained ankle, dislocated shoulder, and a butterfly tattoo. It's really useful after a trick room is set up or not. Heavy Slam is Hariyama's version of giving fairy types the bird, especially Clefable. Knock off is used to punish any Psychic types who think they can just mosey on in and take advantage of my big, fat, chubba bubba (a cookie if you catch the reference.) His investments serve to make full use of his bulk, while also giving him the firepower to destroy all who oppose him.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Weavile is here to run outside a trick room, should one not happen to be up and I need to switch. Ice Shard is used when a trick room is up, and will still ensure that she goes first. I chose Ice Punch over Icicle Crash accuracy and light chance of freezing over flinch. Knock Off from a weavile is something all pokemon are not looking forward to. Low Kick is for any Steel or Rock types looking for an easy kill. The investments in Atk and Spe are to make sure Weavile is feared outside Trick Room, and the HP is just there.​

Gallade @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

Gallade is here to serve in setting up Trick Room, which little people seem to realize is a thing, and threaten out anything unseemly. Trick Room is a move that Gallade has, and is frankly one of the only reasons Gallade is on this team. Close Combat is to make any pokemon shiver in their boots after last nights go round with Hariyama. Knock Off disposes of Psychic and Dark types, as well as removing items and spotting megas. Zen Headbutt provides a useful STAB move that can be used when you don't want the defense drops from Close Combat. Gallade's investments and nature are the to make sure Gallade is a physically offensive threat, while also making it slow enough to run in trick room but not too slow to make it useless should a trick room not be set up.

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Wood Hammer
- Protect

Abomasnow is an unexpected champion on this team, and serves as the mega. Blizzard always hits in hail, and is a very fearsome STAB move considering it strikes both opposing pokemon and has a high power. Focus Blast is to assist in dealing with any Dark or Steel types that could be causing a problem for my team, while providing power (though at the cost of accuracy) and Wood Hammer is here to catch any special walls trying to slip in off guard while still providing fearsome STAB and power to everything else. The investment for HP makes sure Abomasnow lives at least one hit (Provided it isn't fire based.) The Atk investment is only for Wood Hammer, and the SpA is to make sure that his mighty Blizzard will be feared.

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Finally, we have the last fan favorite of mine. Mesprit is here to act as a lead for the most part, and is similar to Gallade in the fact that she is slow enough to work with Trick Room but fast enough to work without it. Naturally, Trick Room is given to her so that it can be set up as soon as possible. Psychic is here to deal damage overall, and Ice Beam is quite effective at removing any possible flying types looking to get a good smack in, while also dealing with Dragonite. Stealth Rock is coupled with Trick Room, as it allows her to set up hazards instantaneously, provided there aren't priority moves or Pranksters in the crowd. The investments in Def and SpD make sure that Mestprit is here to stay (for the most part) and the investment in SpA makes her attacks something to be feared.​

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
This TR team has the right set up going for it (fake out user, 2 setters). But the pokemon being used could need some change

The 2 pokemon that do work on this team are: Hariyama and Aboamasnow and their sets are pretty swell to especially hariyama

Weavile I guess also could work if you wanted it to work outside of TR, but imo I don't know if weavile is the right pokemon for this job

Changes:

Dusclops --> Cresselia

The problem with dusclops, while I think it is a little underrated nowadays, It's bulk is reliant on its eviolite and this makes it complete knock off bait. Additionally aside from spewing a few wil-o-wisps and pain splits, its presence on the field isn't as threatening as Cresselia who can pose an offensive danger with Calm Mind + Moonlight. Additionally Cresselia can have a different items unlike dusclops who has to use eviolite to work.

a good cresselia set:
(Cresselia) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Moonlight

Gallade --> Amoongus/Escavalier/Heatran/Azumarill/Rhyperior/Sylveon/Ferrothorn/Rotom-w

you don't need more than 2 setters m8, having 3 is impractical especially for such a frail pokemon like this.
My solution would to change to one of these TR archetypes. These pokemon can improve your performance under TR and improve your general "wins"
I recommend one of these over weavile if that thing doesn't turn out to be that hot of a pokemon for you.
Gallade is simply too frail to act as a setter and attacker and it does not dish out enough damage to make up for it, unlike Chandelure who, while frail, has a ghost typing and typically runs Focus Sash.

Additional info on why to replace Weavile and Gallade:

They make your team horrifically weak to fairies and talonflame, like srsly, I don't see this team winning against a mega gardevoir anytime soon.
Replace these things with a Heatran or Rotom-w for petes sakes.

Mesprit --> Chandelure/Cresselia/Gourgiest/Jellicent/Hoopa-u(if it is deemed legal)/Victini

This pokemon is like an outclassed Cresselia :\. That's pretty much what it is other than having 105 spatk. One of these TR setters (or just Cresselia if you didn't change Dusclops) would provide better roles for setting up TR. Also Stealth Rocks in doubles only really works on specific niche teams with a lot of bulky pokemon and it's not recommended to be used as a staple ever, so pls don't use it

Hope this has helped u with your team :]

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If you want something fast to help outside of Trick Room you can actually use Talonflame; the only thing you're underspeeding under Trick Room is other priority users because of Gale Wings, and outside of TR you can hit stuff with a powerful Flare Blitz or spread burns with Will-o-Wisp.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)