ORAS Doubles OU Trick Roomish Team

My first attempt at making a team. The idea is mostly to use Pokemon that I think have cool designs (rather than competitive ability necessarily), and have fun with some derpy strategies. (This team should be UU as far as I'm concerned, but apparently whimsicott is banned from Doubles UU.)

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Level: 1
Docile Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Endeavor
- Toxic
- Beat Up

This Whimsicott has plenty of different uses, the main ones being to set up trick room, and give Arcanine or Absol a boost to make them into steamrollers. Endeavor inside of trick room allows a quick takedown of something annoying (to be finished by another pokemon's priority moves) and toxic is a last resort to slow down anything that poses too much threat offensively.

Arcanine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Justified
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz

Arcanine's justified works well with beat up, allowing a boost often all the way up to 4x its regular attack. Meant mostly to operate inside of trick room, the assault vest and HP EVs allow it to live long enough to get something out of the attack boost. Extremespeed is good at taking out prankster pokemon and talonflames, and as an option outside of trick room.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide

Usually sent out with either Whimsicott or Dusknoir, the idea of the Mienshao is to provide coverage for whoever is going to set up the trick room, and possibly do a bit of damage within the trick room.

Dusknoir @ ????
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Dynamic Punch
- Trick Room
- Shadow Sneak

Dusknoir will set up the trick room if it's clear that a fake out or sash-breaking weather, etc. It also can work well as a revenge killer for Whimsicott with shadow sneak, finishing off enemies crippled by endeavor.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald

As something in-between a check for rain teams, a stall, and a switch-in to Arcanine for a predicted water move, the Gastrodon's main goal is to keep the team alive, and act as cannon fodder for attacks that would otherwise destroy Absol or Arcanine.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Megahorn

Used for late-game cleaning outside of the trick room, Absol's justified gives it the opportunity to be immensely boosted by whimsicott, while sucker punch allows for some minimal functionality within a trick room. The other moves are mostly for coverage, with knock off to annoy enemy stalls, and give trouble to anything that might be switching in.

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
I'd be willing to give this a rate, but I need to know; is this team for Doubles OU or Doubles UU?

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Sorry I forgot about this thread for a few days, on to the rate.

To put it bluntly, almost everything on this team is unviable or outclassed. Most of these strategies aren't good for competitive play for several reasons, which I will list in the hide tag below.
1. Beat Up + Justified is easily shut down by redirection, sleep, Choice Scarf Landorus-T (literally the most common Pokemon in Doubles), among other things. It considered by many a non-competitive and "gimmicky" strategy.

2. Your Whimsicott set, to be frank, is bad. It immediately dies to Hail or Sand, any status problem, and is completely halted by Taunt. Because its level 1 and has no IV's for anything, you won't be outspeeding anything, so basically any attack will kill you.

3. Arcanine is good in Doubles UU, but is outclassed by Heatran, Charizard, and Talonflame in Doubles OU.

4. Mienshao is outclassed by Scrafty as a slow Fake Out user.

5. Dusknoir immediately loses if anything Knock's Off it's Eviolite (if that's even what it's holding, I'm not sure). It is also outclassed by other Ghost-type Trick Room setters like Chandalure and Jellicent.

6. Gastrodon has a niche in Doubles, but is generally outclassed by other bulky Water-types like Rotom-W and Suicune.

7. I'm sorry, but Mega Absol is awful in Doubles OU. It's too frail and lacks offensive presence. You're far better off using Hydreigon or Bisharp as an offensive Dark-type.

Also...
The idea is mostly to use Pokemon that I think have cool designs (rather than competitive ability necessarily), and have fun with some derpy strategies.
This is not the purpose of this forum. This is for people who are trying to get better at the game, and who have established teams they need help tweaking. To be frank, its actually kind of disrespectful to the people trying to use this forum for the right reasons. This isn't to show off cheesy gimmicks to win you a few games on the ladder; this is for people who are passionate about this game and want to strive to get better.

I'm sorry if that came off harsh. But here are some resources to help you gain a better understanding of the Doubles OU metagame IF you are interested in getting better. Feel free to ask me or the Doubles room on Pokemon Showdown if you have any questions. :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)