Tournament Results

(i'm not quite sure if this thread bvelongs here, but the tournament sub-forum doesn't have a thread for questions and submissions, so here goes)

is it possible for the tourney sub-forum to have a Sticky thread summarizing all tournaments held in the past? the themes giving varied restrictions to the metagame (BST limit, no-STAB, etc) makes it very interesting..

maybe a simple list consisiting of the following:
  • name of tournament
  • description of tournament/theme
  • host/creator
  • winner of the tournament (could be the champion or the top three)
also, if it is possible, maybe the champion could allow his team (the members, natures, items ,EVs and moves, like an RMT but without descriptions) to be posted.. it would be beneficial to all interested Smogoners to examine new ways of playing competitive battling, and hopefully this brings back the spark of creativity in today's battlers!

any comments?

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Smogon used to have tournament archives with all of the tournament results from past tournaments (host, name, winner etc). I think this is eventually going to be brought back again but I'm not 100% sure, definetely a logical suggestion though.

The team thing really wouldn't work out though. Most tournaments are gimmicks and it'd just be ehh..

Edit - If you're curious, here are the old tournament archives. (thanks archive.org!)

thanks for your thoughts lokopoke ^_^

but what do you mean by "it'd just be ehh.."?
aren't the teams of the winners competitive in a sense, if we put it in the context of the tournament's theme? also i think the winners wouldn't mind, since the sets that they'll have on their teams will probably be ineefective in the "real" metagame.. but still it would be fun to see how these battlers are able to adapt their teams to additional conditions.. ^_^

another benefit of this archige, is that it would be easier to check if a new theme a member cooked up in his head, and is planning to host a tournament for, was already done before..
(on a side note, for example I have an idea in mind for a cool concept tourney, but i'm not yet experienced enough to hold it, could dsomebody host it for me? how could this idea be shared?)

(btw, is there still a link to that old archive of tourney information? is it still accesible in the site?)

Umm, well there is already a section on the site where you could read about active and recently finished tournaments located here.

Their hosts and the winners are also listed. Descriptions can be viewed by clicking on a tournament. As for winners revealing their teams, I dont think it would be that great of an idea. If someone is interested in seeing the winning team, they could just PM the winner, I suppose.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Umm, well there is already a section on the site where you could read about active and recently finished tournaments located here.

Their hosts and the winners are also listed. Descriptions can be viewed by clicking on a tournament.

Yes, but that is only showing recent tournaments, once they're off that page they're forgotten. I think there should be a page onsite with records of all of the past tournaments, for users who are curious to see who won which tournaments and basically just to have. I really feel tournaments deserve more recognition and this would be a good way to get them recognized. The sooner something like this gets onsite, the better.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree with the archiving part onsite, I do not agree with sharing the teams, the winner can if they want to, or like was already stated a person could pm them if they care that much

i might start up something in C+C to make the archive happen.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I agree with the archiving part onsite, I do not agree with sharing the teams, the winner can if they want to, or like was already stated a person could pm them if they care that much

i might start up something in C+C to make the archive happen.
Not only that, but winners usually end up posting their team in the RMT forum (depending on the tournament of course), so I really don't think the team idea will work out.

Also, I'd be glad to help out with the archive project in any way, I really think this should've happened a while ago, but as long as it gets done then that's fine.

well i guess the important thing is that the tournaments and their themes are archived..

(maybe making the posting of tourney Champion's RMT be made mandatory? nah.. i guess that would be pushing it.. besides i guess im only one of a very few who are truly interested on how to make those teams)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)