Therianmons

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
approved by Eevee General and The Immortal

Therianmons
What if ALL Pokemon got the stat changes that the Therian formes got?

Welcome to Therianmons, where all Pokemon get the stat changes of Landorus -> Landorus-T, Thundurus -> Thundurus-T, or Tornadus -> Tornadus-T depending on their IVs.

Stat changes and IVs

Landorus-T
- Stat changes:
+20 Atk / -10 SpA / -10 Spe
- IVs Required: 30 SpA / 30 SpD

Thundurus-T
- Stat changes:
-10 Atk / +20 SpA / -10 Spe
- IVs Required: 30 SpA

Tornadus-T
- Stat changes:
-15 Atk / +10 Def / -15 SpA / +10 SpD / +10 Spe
- IVs Required: 30 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD

Things to note

- The Pokemon do not get the abilities along with the stats, as that would make this OM a Pet Mod.
- If a Pokemon has the exact stat to what is lost when changing forme, such as Landorus-T Ferroseed, it cannot be used because it will have base 0 Speed, which is impossible.
- The stat changes of one genie are still applicable to the other, so you can use Landorus-T Thundurus, per say.
- You can have double Therian formes! This means that you can use Landorus-Therian-Therian!

Banlist and Clauses

- Standard OU Clauses
- Standard OU Banlist

Threatlist

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Fire Punch / Ice Punch / Thunder Punch

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Zen Headbutt

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok so I got to say this is a really strange, but unique idea. The fact that everything gets a "forme change" is a really amazing idea. However, each change has its downfall as Lando-T and Thundurus-T loses speed while Tornadus-T loses power. That isn't to say things won't benefit (i.e. Azumarill from the Lando-T change and Mega Venusaur with Thundurus-T change) as some mons don't care about losing speed, but I feel like Tornadus-T's change may be the "least used" of the changes. I am really excited about this Rhythms so congrats n_n

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
Mega Alakazam gaining Thundurus-T's boosts could be a unique threat. It gains +20 special attack to make it have a whopping base 195 special attack, and not mind taking the speed drop, still sustaining base 140 speed. With the -20 attack, u can tank foul plays. Neat meta Rhythms.

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Can Therian boosts stack? SO, could you have Landorus-T Landorus-T, for example?
Yes! I updated this in the OP. Thank you for reminding me!
the landorus-t ferrothorn
AND HERE MY TROUBLES BEGAN
While this does seem cool, I can assume that Ferrothorn will probably either be running this or Tornadus-T IVs, because both Gyro Ball hits really hard with the former, while the extra bulk is really good with the latter.

Landorus-T Azumarill is looking rather intriguing in this tier. 50 Atk turns into 70 Atk plus the Huge Power boost after evs.

I decided to check out some calcs

Choice Band
Superpower straight up kills Utility Ferro
Play Rough is a guaranteed 2HKO on Physical Slowbro
Waterfall has a 50% chance to 2HKO Max Def. Skarm
Waterfall has a 76% chance to 2HKO Max. Def Mega Scizor
Waterfull is a guaranteed 2HKO on Bulky SD Mega Scizor

Assault Vest
Play Rough is a guaranteed 2HKO on CM + MG Clef
Play Rough has a 57% chance to 2HKO Max Def. Rotom

I have to say, this seems like quite an interesting meta. I have a feeling that priority users (Scizor and Talonflame, for instance) are going to thrive here the most, seeing as they can afford to take a Speed drop via the Landorus-T boost and not care too much thanks to their access to decently powerful priority. Bulky attackers also look to be decent here, since they won't mind the speed drops from Landorus-T or Thundurus-T much either. Tornadus-T, on the other hand, is a bit harder to place- maybe Prankster users (or statusers in general) that could do with the extra bulk?

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
Manaphy-T

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Rest

With this change, Manaphy becomes very good with the Tornadus-T IVs. While it does lose a decent base 100 Special Attack, it gains 100 / 110 / 110 bulk, combined with 110 Speed. Not only that, it still has the moves Calm Mind or Tail Glow to remain strong. A Tail Glow set would probably be run with 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe EVs + a Modest or Timid nature and Scald, Ice Beam, and Energy Ball. The bulky set listed above is what I will probably use, as it takes advantage of Manaphy-T's bulk and still has the ability to hit hard with Calm Mind.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
approved by Eevee General and The Immortal

Therianmons
What if ALL Pokemon got the stat changes that the Therian formes got?

Welcome to Therianmons, where all Pokemon get the stat changes of Landorus -> Landorus-T, Thundurus -> Thundurus-T, or Tornadus -> Tornadus-T depending on their IVs.

Stat changes and IVs

Landorus-T
- Stat changes:
+20 Atk / -10 SpA / -10 Spe
- IVs Required: 30 SpA / 30 SpD

Thundurus-T
- Stat changes:
-10 Atk / +20 SpA / -10 Spe
- IVs Required: 30 SpA

Tornadus-T
- Stat changes:
-15 Atk / +10 Def / -15 SpA / +10 SpD / +10 Spe
- IVs Required: 30 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD

Things to note

- The Pokemon do not get the abilities along with the stats, as that would make this OM a Pet Mod.
- If a Pokemon has the exact stat to what is lost when changing forme, such as Landorus-T Ferroseed, it cannot be used because it will have base 0 Speed, which is impossible.
- The stat changes of one genie are still applicable to the other, so you can use Landorus-T Thundurus, per say.
- You can have double Therian formes! This means that you can use Landorus-Therian-Therian!

Banlist and Clauses

- Standard OU Clauses
- Standard OU Banlist

Threatlist
Coming Soon!
why dont they get their abilities upon taking the new forme? by not having the abilities, you actually further push this into pet mod territory, rather then take it away, as the abilities are given directly to them for the forme change. if you take away "tornadus t, thundurus t and tornadus from the desc (and they for some reason overlook the name, stick with me here im making a point, not creating some idiot oc character). someone could easily get confused and have NO idea why the ivs are meant to change for specific stat changes. where if you give them the abilities they would immediately spring up and say "oh, its a therian!" it just doesn't makes sense.

also you should mention that the IVs correspond to the hidden power type of the three forms. had me really confused on why this was accepted as a OM until eevee told me. lmao.

Not getting the Ability seems odd, yeah, given it leads to the very quirky result that you can functionally have Tornadus-Therian with Defiant or Prankster, Thundurus-Therian with Defiant or Prankster, and if Landorus-Incarnate wasn't banned you could have Landorus-Therian with Sheer Force or Sand Force, which is just really weird.

Yes! I updated this in the OP. Thank you for reminding me!
seems weird to me that therians can get another therian boost. i'd vote no on that.

why dont they get their abilities upon taking the new forme?
eevee and i approved this on the basis of stats only and not abilities. my reason was that the meta would seem repetitive if everything has intimidate/volt absorb/regenerator. and eevee's was something about getting into AAA territory.

if each pokemon got its own ability then it would make this a pet mod; so we and rhythms stuck with stats only.

can be a good threat with Landorus-T, 145 Attack will hit most hard, and it doesn't care much about speed loss due to Sucker Punch, there is also knock off and iron head, to hit stallmons
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Filler [Swords dance could fill]

I am not sure if it is threat-level, but it surely is something a lot of teams should better pack something to defeat

I also noticed that most fairies with bad defense like sylveon can have lando-t or tornados-t to become bulky on both sides

Mega-Beedrill-T
65/170/40/5/80/135
It doesn't mind the speed drop. Poison Jab off of 170 attack and adaptability is INSANE.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

(landorus-t)

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
Good idea, but the IV drops for Tornadus boost is kinda overwhelming
The drops are only like that because the changes reflect the Hidden Power Ground, Electric, and Flying IVs respectively, which was the basis of this being approved. These IV drops also mean that the Pokemon have to "pay" in essence for changing their stats.

The drops are only like that because the changes reflect the Hidden Power Ground, Electric, and Flying IVs respectively, which was the basis of this being approved. These IV drops also mean that the Pokemon have to "pay" in essence for changing their stats.
but is it necessary to drop 5/6 stat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)