The UnderUsed Teambuilding Workshop V2 (VOTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UnderUsed Teambuilding Workshop Version Two

Approved by Hikari and Sam
Concept stolen from Yagura and Soulgazer
Hosted by daedalus1103
Grammar by McMeghan
Art by pi3rate
OP by Celsius

What is this ?

The idea of this project is to show UU players that you don't need a squad featuring 6 A-B ranked Pokemons in the viability rankings to have a competitive team. Making teams is funnier if you try to build around (a) creative or (an) underrated Pokemon(s). It is also more entertaining when you do it with other people. This is why there will be groups of team builders. I think this is a good way to create relationships in the UnderUsed community.

How does it work?

Stage 1 :
There will be three or four groups of builders, depending on how many people sign up.
Each group will feature 2 builders.
The builders will sign up in this thread. If more than 8 people sign up, there will be a public vote to select the eight builders. I will establish the groups with them through private messages.
The groups will then be announced here.
Duration : 4 days

Stage 2 :
During the next two days, everyone (bar the selected builders) will get to suggest a Pokemon or a core that will be the basis of the teams the Builders will craft around.
I will then keep the threeor four most proposed suggestions. Remember to be "creative". We all know that Mienshao+Hydreigon is a good core for example. "Think outside the box", but your suggestion has to be competitive. We won't build around Whiscash if you don't explain why we should put something together around it or what could be its niche in UU. It'd be cool if you could add a little reasonning alongside your suggestion.
Duration :2 days

Stage 3 :
The groups of builders will start to craft their teams around a proposition they will select (from the top 3-4 suggestions from Stage 2). The people who proposed the retained mon/core will have the possibility to build with the group working on it. Use whatever support you want, I'd suggest Skype or PiratePad but anything works as long as you feel comfortable with it.
Duration : 1 week

Stage 4 :
The groups post their team in the thread alongside a short description and an importable.We won't spend time rating them, but feel free to also post your teams in the RMT section if you want some constructive criticism to make it better. A vote will start to pick what is, in your opinion, the most competitive and creative team out of the bunch. Every teams will finally be stored in this thread.
There will be a Round Robin tour to help people in their vote.
The winner of the tour will have two bonus votes.

Duration : 1 week

Total Duration : 1 month
This will be a monthly project. It will restart each month.

Current Stage : Stage 1- Signups.
None Yet!

Last edited:
Ok, signups are over!

Simply list eight people and bold their names, and the top eight that are chosen will be builders for this cycle. Vote as shown below.

Christo the gr8
LiberalLucario
Volbeatdown
Lilouon
Skankovich
Lord of Bays
Teal6
Nightingales

(No offense cnorth, just interested in seeing these builders)

Voting ends Tuesday. Your vote matters. Vote today!

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang/Rock Slide/Toxic

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Superpower

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit/Earthquake/Aqua Tail

I'm hoping someone can help me build around this sandstorm core. Weather in UU is something I've always wanted to build around, but I haven't had much success. Stoutland of course serves a wallbreaking role with potential to sweep with it's increased speed. Aerodactyl also benefits from the sand with increased SpDef, making it an even better check to Mega Pidgeot. Pursuit is an option to trap Chandelure that can be a huge pain for Stoutland's sweep should I predict incorrectly.

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot

This is a MixRoom core focused around Hammer Arm Pangoro. 140 Speed EVs allow Pangoro to outspeed Florges outside of Trick Room and deal massive damage with Gunk Shot. However, after a Hammer Arm, Pangoro can "outslow" base 45s and above, striking first against most of the metagame when Trick Room is up. NastyRoom Slowking can check Suicune and puts in work against offense and stall alike.

I'd prefer to see this core used on a team that isn't dedicated Trick Room, but I suppose I can't stop you from going full Trick Room if you really want to. I'll just be extremely disappointed.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Time to put my two-sense in...

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature / Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt / Superpower
- Roost

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword / Shadow Claw

I love these two and have had pretty good success with them by myself but I wanna see what the builders can come up. These two have perfect type synergy, being great defensively and offensively. Each one can also set up a sweep for the other as Hydreigon can break physical walls and stall for Doublade to overpower the rest of the team thanks to it boosting with Swords Dance while Doublade can overpower special walls thanks to its coverage + being able to boost on common special walls such as Florges. Good luck builders and have fun, :)

Last edited:

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: ? / ? / ?
--- Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
--- Nature
-
-
-
-​

Two of my favorite pokemon, I have to say that they're a lot of fun to play with, SubCM Chandelure is a very fun wincon that benefits a lot from Aboma's ability to break water types. I'll add in more later when I find the time.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Moltres @ ---
Ability: Pressure
--- Nature
-
-
-
-

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

An old but classic core that I'd like to see revitalized. The basic premise is Moltres doesn't like Bulky Waters, Toxicroak loves them. It's a match made in heaven. You can use whatever sets you want I just thought the more standard Toxicroak supports most Moltres sets the best which is why I listed it here. Life Orb, Sub Roost, Scarf, and Specs are all viable options for Moltres so you can do whatever with that.

Ok, I'm gonna end voting to start getting cores and stuff, seeing as this project is going kinda slow.

Christo The Gr8
LiberalLucario
~Volbeatdown~
LilOuOn
Lord of Bays
Skankovich
teal6
Cnorth26
You eight are the builders for this week. Ill leave it up to you guys to decide the groups through PM and the like by Wednesday. The rest, of you, start suggesting cores, no matter how ridiculous or bad they may seem.
Tagging the builders to ask them to post their partner here. Ill end stage 1 later today, and in the meantime, keep suggesting cores.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
----Nature
- Rapid Spin
-
-
-

Roserade @ -
Ability: Natural Cure / Technician
----Nature
- Spikes
-
-
-

This is a core that can really go a lot of ways, as Roserade and Blastoise can honestly have interchangeable movesets. But the main premise of this team is to provide pressure and set up Spikes so that Entei has an easier time breaking down opposing teams. It's one of the best FWG cores I've used in recent memory although my meh teambuilding skill ensures that teams with it never get anywhere. Blastoise spins rocks away for entei and can punish pretty much all other spinners and defoggers depending on its set. Rose can come in easily on bulky waters that love to switch in on Entei and set Spikes up on them. Entei is just supposed to either wear down the opposing team or can usually just clean with ExtremeSpeed against offense after everything has been weakened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)