The Ubers Open VII - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the seventh iteration of the Ubers Open, Smogon's largest Ubers tournament! Whether you're an experienced player willing to prove themselves or someone just trying to have some fun playing the only tier that features all species of Pokémon, may RNG bless you all!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard SM Ubers.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on the Smogtours server.
  • SM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have accesjs to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, only being turned off in the case of a player disconnecting, and in that case will only be turned off for 5 minutes (keep in mind that this is an interim solution while we wait on PS! developers). The timer may not be turned off in any other circumstance.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.
Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer as wide a swathe of time when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of nefarious play, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
Round 3

Catalystic vs Rokhan
dom vs Accelgor
Mix vs Sachumberto
eaglehawk vs Not Miyan
85percent vs MrTact1C
SoulWind vs Sir Slaking
Ninjadog13 vs Raiza
Ehvrim vs le LLiolae
Magma vs Post Moves
Goat Heart ♥ vs Minougarou
HölderInequality vs The Trap God
LL vs Ortheore
DEG vs TonyFlygon
czim vs Hydrra
Megazard vs Sificon
dhaarma vs Alkione
pokeisfun vs Rodriblutar
KevinELF vs Oltan
Championleplusnul vs Chop
Mr. Abby vs Sjneider
Indigo Plateau vs Arthurr pendragon
Tangelo vs darrell1297
Osh vs Djokra
DreamScream vs Lunar.
JLK 17 vs jake
Wolfein vs RedEmption
carcy vs Pohjis
Perry vs Gunner Rohan
Liemaster vs TogliBabineBoeuf
double switches vs Eternally
Le Chapelier Fou vs KKayvaun
Lycans vs Ren-chon
GaryTheGengar vs Trace
Teddeh vs Hurricane69
blazin vs Nurul
Akiko Yosano vs Tszuki
JetOU vs Melle2402
Spl4sh vs Carmin06
didi vs coolio1223
Dominatio vs ima
Magistrate of Metal vs SarcasticUsername
el rojo vs BurntZebra
NaCl vs Conmantine
BigBoy038 vs LuisGR
elodin vs DurzaOffTopic
Wabane vs L1ppe1
Ed vs DMDW
snagaa vs Hugo Barrington
King Wynaut vs CuckBoyy
BelmontGabriel vs Amphareixon
wisdom dog vs Ihiihuio
Garay oak vs StepC
S poi re vs oh95
PurpleGatorade vs Lfrs
Tenebricite vs moleymole
FelixFelicis vs Count Riario
Malekith vs Latias-
Pearl vs kingnaves
SanJl vs yovan33321
The Kyle vs Xiri
Mr.Bossaru vs iry
HO XVI vs Hydreigon Specs
Heldinho vs Grimsley01
aim vs eifo
GotCookies vs RCred403
Yadava vs Euphonos
Jarii vs reachzero
Assassin Rogue vs Seraph
Kingler12345 vs Habita Montebourg
SMB vs Jase Duken
shiloh vs Megaegislash
Moosical vs DJKILLSHOTS
MONNA LUSA vs HANTSUKI
HunterStorm vs Sharow-san
Garrahan90 vs SANJAY
zugubu royale vs UnbecomingDuck
Leru vs Energy
EviGaro vs Bunrphenix
HT vs Shrug
Highlord vs KillerWhaleSqua
MashedPotatoes vs Manipulative
Thiago Nunes vs Nuked
FLCL vs undisputed
TezGreninja vs obii
Kebab mlml vs Willken18
AFuckNotBeingGiven vs Sam I Yam
bebo7788 vs Mindnight
Quaseem vs Bhris Brown
Kushalos vs EternalSnowman
HSA vs Brancus
Cynara vs DeeJ
Dr Nibs vs FlamingVictini
zf vs Necrozma
rumblemerk vs Doctor_DraX
FinnQwert vs Kyogre is GR8
Lord PRXTTY FLVXKO vs Biswa Kalyan Rath

MORE RECOMMENDATIONS:
  • Deadline is August 12th at 23:59 (GMT -4);
  • Extension deadline is August 8th at 23:59 (GMT -4);
  • If your opponent has given you the win, post here alongside proof of it - you'll be handed an activity win;
  • Only claim activity if you have a solid case for it and there is visible contact between you and your opponent;
  • If you got a sub or advanced through coinflip last rounds, you will only be awarded points for them if you win your match for this round;
  • If there's a mistake with pairings (for example, if I advanced your opponent even though you won your match) let me know;
  • A yorkshire terrier puppy dies every time a 'contacted' post is made;
  • And don't forget to drop a like n_n
Personal highlights:
Perry vs Gunner Rohan
Ed vs DMDW
HunterStorm vs Sharow-san

Good luck to everyone! :D

Last edited:

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
double post but here we go
I've been told the tags are kinda weird and might not work, so I'll mass tag using the 'old' way:
85percent
Accelgor
AFuckNotBeingGiven
aim
Akiko Yosano
Alkione
Amphareixon
Arthurr pendragon
Assassin Rogue
bebo7788
BelmontGabriel
Bhris Brown
BigBoy038
Biswa Kalyan Rath
blazin
Brancus
Bunrphenix
BurntZebra
carcy
Carmin06
Catalystic
Championleplusnul
Chop
Conmantine
coolio1223
Count Riario
CuckBoyy
Cynara
czim
darrell1297
DeeJ
DEG
dewtios
dhaarma
didi
DJKILLSHOTS
Djokra
DMDW
Doctor_DraX
dom
Dominatio
double switches
Dr Nibs
DreamScream
DurzaOffTopic
eaglehawk
Ed
Ehvrim
eifo
el rojo
elodin
Energy
Eternally
EternalSnowman
Euphonos
EviGaro
Fairy Resist
FelixFelicis
FinnQwert
FlamingVictini
FLCL
freecustap
Garay oak
Garrahan90
GaryTheGengar
Goat Heart ♥
GotCookies
Grimsley01
Groudon
Gunner Rohan
Habita Montebourg
HANTSUKI
Heldinho
Highlord
HO XVI
Holy Ghost
HSA
HT
Hugo Barrington
Hurricane69
Hydreigon Specs
Hydrra
HölderInequality
Ihiihuio
ima
Indigo Plateau
IPF vs HunterStorm
iry
jake
Jarii
Jase Duken
JetOU
JLK 17
Kebab mlml
KevinELF
KillerWhaleSqua
King Wynaut
Kingler12345
kingnaves
KKayvaun
Kushalos
Kyogre is GR8
L1ppe1
Latias-
le LLiolae
Leru
Lfrs
Liemaster
Lord PRXTTY FLVXKO
LuisGR
Lunar.
Lycans
Magistrate of Metal
Magma
Malekith
Manipulative
marilli
MashedPotatoes
Megaegislash
Megazard
Melle2402
Meru
Mindnight
Minougarou
Mix
moleymole
MONNA LUSA
Moosical
Mr. Abby
Mr.Bossaru
MrTact1C
NaCl
Necrozma
Ninjadog13
Not Miyan
Nuked
Nurul
obii
oh95
Oltan
Oman Shanka
Ortheore
Osh
Pearl
Perry
Pohjis
pokeisfun
Post Moves
PurpleGatorade
Quaseem
Raiza
RCred403
reachzero
RedEmption
Ren-chon
Rodriblutar
Rokhan
rumblemerk
S poi re
Sachumberto
Sam I Yam
SANJAY
SanJl
SarcasticUsername
Seraph
Sharow-san
shiloh
Shrug
Sificon
Sir Slaking
SMB
snagaa
SoulWind
Spl4sh
StepC
Tangelo
Teddeh
Tenebricite
TezGreninja
Th3victinii
The Excadrill
The Kyle
The Trap God
Thiago Nunes
TogliBabineBoeuf
TonyFlygon
Trace
Tszuki
UnbecomingDuck
undisputed
Wabane
Willken18
wisdom dog
Wolfein
Xiri
Yadava
yovan33321
zf
zugubu royale
Hope everyone is aware of the round now n_n

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My opponent asked for an extension, not activity in his post at the end of last round because I'm available to play literally all day today so I don't understand why I got the activity loss here

why did i get coinflipped? I clearly said i was gmt+1 and can only play at 10Pm my time, my oppo said sat night was fine and didnt showup.
That clearly isn’t my ps name i gave you in the screen cap lol, coin flip was pretty fair.

Perry

slayer
why did i get coinflipped? I clearly said i was gmt+1 and can only play at 10Pm my time, my oppo said sat night was fine and didnt showup.
After speaking with Tony, it has been decided that the series between MiyoKa and el rojo for Round 2 will be extended. The deadline is the same as the ones decided beforehand.

My opponent asked for an extension, not activity in his post at the end of last round because I'm available to play literally all day today so I don't understand why I got the activity loss here
We have also agreed that an extension is not warranted here and the act win to freecustap stays.

==

As a rule of thumb, I ask you guys to specify a set time when scheduling instead of just a range such as "Saturday night" and etc and to pay attention to your opponent timezone.

Perry

slayer
Sjneider handed new information to me about his schedule with Oman Shanka for Round 2, and Oman did miss a time and Sjneider has a claim to advance to r3 through an act win.
PLEASE schedule through VMs ._.

New matchup:
Mr. Abby vs Sjneider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)