The Shiny Horror Picture Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
1. Name 7 brand name candies most children get on Halloween.

Herseys, Kit Kat, Jolly Rancher, War Heads, Skittles, Star Burst, and Sweetarts

I guess that's right :D

Alright, I'm getting kind of tired right now. People can still make some guesses, I'll check but I prefer that the winners make the effort to contact me instead of myself but not to the point where I'm being annoyed. But hey, make this a good and fun giveaway and I'll be more inclined to post some more or team up with someone for one.

What to expect tomorrow is more questions for more winners to come.

4. Explain the plot of Paranormal activity. The first one.

In Paranormal Activity, a couple moves into a suburban house and they are being "Haunted" or disturbed by a presence that seems Demonic. It mostly is active during midnight.

Awesome giveaway!!! :D I hope thats enough lol

4. Explain the plot of Paranormal activity. The first one.

In Paranormal Activity, a couple moves into a suburban house and they are being "Haunted" or disturbed by a presence that seems Demonic. It mostly is active during midnight.

Awesome giveaway!!! :D I hope thats enough lol
Thanks for showing your gratitude :)

You can VM me which pokemon you want.

2. What's the name of the Peanuts Halloween Special?

It's the Great Punpkin, Charlie Brown

Awesome giveaway btw :)

Question 9: Sometimes gasses, dust, ect. mess around with light waves.

Edit: Oh, darn, didn't realize there was a page two. /sigh. I guess I'll go into more detail. When it's on the horizion, it's actually farther away then it is when it's in the sky, so more light has to pass through the atmosphere. Only stronger lights waves make it through, red, yellow, and orange. Shorter ones(blue, green, purple) don't make it all the way through, so it doesn't appear white(when all of them make it through).

9. This orange colour of the moon is caused by the atmosphere of the earth. The reason for the orange color is due to the scattering of light by the atmosphere. When the moon is near the horizon, the moonlight must pass through much more atmosphere than when the moon is directly overhead. By the time the moonlight reaches your eyes, the blue, green, and purple pieces of visible light have been scattered away by air molecules. That's why you only see yellow, orange, or red.

9. It occurs when the Sun's rays pass through the Earth's atmosphere before reaching the Moon and then the light bounces back off the moon and enters through the Earths atmosphere again. This enhances the orange-glow of the moon's reflective light.

9. It appears orange because when the moon is low in the sky and when there are lots of dust particles in the atmosphere the moon's light is refracted so the visible light of the moon appears orange.

Q8) How does Dracula die in the Novel-

As Mina begins the slow change into a vampire, the men sterilize the boxes of earth, forcing Dracula to flee to the safety of his native Transylvania. The men pursue the count, dividing their forces and tracking him across land and sea. Van Helsing takes Mina with him, and they cleanse Castle Dracula by killing the three female vampires and sealing the entrances with sacred objects. The others catch up with the count just as he is about to reach his castle, and Jonathan and Quincey use knives to destroy him.

EDIT: oops sorry didn't realize this q had been answered already, my bad.

Why does the moon appear orange on some days?
It turns orange due to pollution in the atmosphere, how much is in the air affects the colour we see.

9. The moon appears orange is due to the 'scattering' light on the horizon. As the moon nears the horizon, sometimes the moonlight has to pass more of the atmosphere than it might have to. Some parts, the blue, green and purple parts, may have been scattered and thus, you will only see yellow, orange and red

Question 9: Sometimes gasses, dust, ect. mess around with light waves.

Edit: Oh, darn, didn't realize there was a page two. /sigh. I guess I'll go into more detail. When it's on the horizion, it's actually farther away then it is when it's in the sky, so more light has to pass through the atmosphere. Only stronger lights waves make it through, red, yellow, and orange. Shorter ones(blue, green, purple) don't make it all the way through, so it doesn't appear white(when all of them make it through).
You had the best explanation and was early to submit an answer, so Correct!

Don't worry everyone, a new set of questions is coming your way.

Day 2 Questions Added!

6. How was Davy Jones killed in Pirates of the Carribean On World's End?

Davy Jones was killed by Will Turner in the Battle of Calypso's maelstrom aboard the Flying Dutchman, off Shipwreck Island. Will stabbed his heart.

7. Name five mythologic figures Odysseus came in contact in the Odyssey.

Cyclops
Circe
The Sirens
The Lotus Eaters
Scylla
Charybdis
The Cattle of the Sun

Since Circe is debatable.. Calypso and The Suitors!

Great question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)