The Senseless Studio: IMakeNoSense's Art Thread + Fakemon

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
Untitled592.png

Hello! I'm IMakeNoSense, or IMNS / Sense! I'm a self-taught designer; been at it since I can remember!

Here, I'll post... art. Because it's an art thread.

CHARACTER DESIGN!
Skye, an original character of mine!

CREATURE DESIGN!
1708841930082.png

LOGO DESIGN!

1708842046698.png

BANNERS!
1708841953031.png

AND WHATEVER ELSE!
(filler images for now, may get better images later!)

On top of that, you'll also get to know the Fakemon of a game concept that unfortunately never came to be (or at least not yet)… World of Aeris!
Custom Type List
---
Evolution Lines:
Tynamite | Rokkit | Babell | Bunbox

Want to stay updated? Join my Discord server! (Link in my signature)

So join Alfredo (basically me) and Challis the Monorb, and enjoy your time viewing in the Senseless Studio!​

Last edited:

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
Let's make the commemorative first post about my mascot creature- Monorb!

This is a Monorb (yes, it's a species!)
1708840675839.png

Monorb is a squirrel/chinchilla hybrid-like creature. It's got small paws that it holds in front of it's body, and legs that stretch out when it needs more height (about to 3ft at most). It's super squishy and super soft!
Monorb has a tail of fluffy, yet loose fur. It's fur can compress in on itself, making it compact and heavy, being able to be used as a mace-like weapon if needed. It's tail is half its weight, but the air that flows through its loose fur keeps it floaty and alleviates the weight for Monorb.
1708840730357.png

Monorb's body has 3 tufts of fur on its left, right, and the end of its tail, as well as 2 for its silly little haircut! They have names like humans, but its said Monorb originate from the stars!

Ok, speedrunning some extra details:
- They love fruit and nuts, especially strawberries! Just... no oranges... they don't like oranges.
- They are inspired by Kirby- wait you could guess that already? Okay... fine.
- Monorb used to be a Fakemon! It was a Normal/Psychic type that evolved twice. Now Monorb's just chillin'.
- Monorb was created (or at least the date I consider the birthdate of Monorb) is September 20th!

And that's about it! You're welcome to draw the lil goober, just make sure to credit me and all (and make sure I know so I can get excited!)

Last edited:

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
I participated in Smogfight this year! It’s still going for about 1 more week as of this post, but here’s the attacks I did!

Attack on kb80531
Untitled632_20240210114444.png

Revenge Attack on ArnavChawla
Untitled634_20240211175349.png

Attack on Pissog
Untitled635_20240212060624.png

Attack on klawp
Untitled636_20240212070221.png

Attack on Gravity Monkey
Untitled638_20240216065419.png

Revenge Attack on kb80531
Untitled639_20240216072356.png

(My favorite one) Attack on SapphireStarz11
Untitled641_20240218172348.png

Revenge Attack on klawp
Untitled646_20240219154201.png

Attack on Brumirage
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...d0b192f7a8989e8d6aa291b36834d4df1525278cf726& (Another one that was too big for me to post)

This event was and is fun! I recieved some GLORIOUS art this event and there were a ton of fire artworks drawn! I’ve just been so caught up in everything else I gotta do recently to keep the momentum late-game :(

Enjoy!

Last edited:

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
As some of you know, I'm doing all of the banners for Draft League this year! Some of them aren't done yet... actually a lot of them as of making this post... (there's a lot...)

I'll be posting the banners in batches and leaving comments after-the-fact. Y'know, self-reflection. Yeh? Yeh. Okay.

WINTER SEASONAL
DLWinter.png

The first of many.

This one was very fun! I actually wish I spent more time on this banner honestly. You can tell by the scribbled trees and the wait is that tree on the left cut off crap it is ughhhhhh oh well it's stuck like that now

Delibird and iBundle were a fun duo, wanted to give Deli a bigger spotlight and have him jumping out at you; which started the whole trend of "something's sticking out over the borders" trend. The text at first was going to be more in-your-face and radical like graffiti but Rissoux told me no :(

This was a piece I did early on when I first accepted such a large workload, back when I had no idea what Draft League really was (and... still kinda don't lol), but if this is a big deal then I'm all for it!

NATIONAL DEX UBERS
1709522001800.png

Yay! Purple!

Once I saw Marshadow I immediately knew I wanted to draw it in it's Z-Move form. I had to give myself a lot of restraint from making it shiny though... figured too much purple would just make it blend in. Mewtwo Y was fun to draw, I hadn't really drawn it before (at least not seriously) and I kinda like how its tail flips onto it's head and those horns are so pretty... but not as cool as Marshadow WOOO GEN 7 BIAS LETS GOOOOO!

I think the only thing I would've changed had I remade this was the flooring. I wanted them to feel like they were fighting in some sort of ruins, like some sort of Distortion Zone. I had inspired this particular layout (and I know this is very specific) from a PMD Comic I once wanted to start up, and this would've been the first scene from the big reboot I had planned. Originally, I just drew my characters as a funny little "haha look at these pokemon! they're so silly and they don't take the scenarios seriously!" but when I wanted to change that direction into something more story driven, I just didn't feel inspired enough to continue. I had also posted it on Instagram, and well... I don't like Facebook/Instagram. After a while, I nuked it from history... never to be seen again.

Well... that's not true. I do have like... tidbits of the first comic I did when I DM'd my friend the comic. Maybe one day we'll see the resurgence of Dip the Ditto and Bit the Magnemite...

ORAS (OMEGA RUBY ALPHA SAPPHIRE)
1709522018353.png

Gardevoir. That was a fun one finding references for.

This one was fun to draw because of the poses! At around the time of making this banner I was experimenting with mountain styles and different ways of drawing trees, as well as rivers, so this one turned out better than I had originally thought. Wanted to use that one scene from the anime when someone (I forget who) was battling Diantha's Gardevoir in a field around a forest, but I ended up not using that and just freehanding the terrain. Gotta stop drawing the same scene though... similar to the Fortemons banner.

---

And that's all of them! At least- all of the public ones as of this post. I'll be making identical posts like this when more of them come out. Anyways, see you then!

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
Allow me to set the scene:

Beyond the lands of what we know,
a distant archipelago,
drifting in the sky with grace:
a world of creatures called Aeris!

Untitled190.2023.07.02-20.59_20240224222411.png

logo made by a friend of mine, lumi!

World of Aeris are the magical sky islands that make up a realm for monsters to that of which you’ve never seen before. Embark on a journey exploring the vast landscapes of Aeris, from lush forests and blooming fields, to an icy abyss and a frigid wind; from rugged deserts with peaks and cliffs, to volcanic oceans with bubbles and rifts; there’s surely an adventure to be had! Collect all the creatures of Aeris, some revealed through exploration and challenges, others by challenges and combat. Can you unlock every creature?

Take on mighty foes with your friends in this third-person fighter, complete quests, and unravel the many secrets hidden in the lore! Or; socialize and meet new friends! Enjoy the scenery of Aeris! Make your own story! Kit out your creature with the dashiest new accessories! Or perhaps you want to become the very best; take on others in tier-based tournaments and events! Whatever you want to do, you’ll find that there’s a story to be fulfilled when you embark on an aerial adventure to the World of Aeris!

———

Or… so it was. World of Aeris a project I started 2 years ago (as of this post) and by various reasons, we just never got the ball rolling. Based in Roblox, we just didn’t have the scripters nor the funds we needed to realistically make it big. We had talented modellers, quality-control, beta testers, and of course, designers; but if you don’t have a scripter then everything. falls. apart. Most if not all of the fault lies solely on me, since I also wanted to start this project in my junior year of high school COUGH

So yeah. Not a success. So what now? I have all these designs and no where to show for it.

Well; here of course! Consider this the initiation post of the World of Aeris Creature Dex! I’ll be posting the designs that made up the theoretical game, as well as any designs I added since then, as if I was to make my own Fakemon game still.

As these designs are released, I’ll be posting them here, in my art server (link in signature), and with a Google Sheet so it can be collected through the Mai bot (made by Sunfished) in both my and the CAP Discord! I’ll also try to hyperlink every post in the OP so that designs aren’t completely lost to time…

Alright! Let’s get’r started!

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
1710078371045.png

Going forward with the World of Aeris Creature Dex, I should mention that I use a different system for giving "types" to designs. Now, they were called Auras in World of Aeris, but it doesn't really matter much anymore does it. Either way: these are the types I use for Fakemon design!

Some changes:
Normal is now Basic
Grass
is now Plant
Flying is now Air
Fighting
is now Fighter
Psychic is now Magic
Steel
is now Metal
Dragon
is now Beast
Rock
AND Ground are now Terra

New Types!
Light
Sound
Cosmic

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
I made a banner for the Portugese room on Pokemon Showdown! They have a prize shop where users can redeem points they stockpile, and they asked for a Spheal looking at the many selections of the prize booth Espeon’s running…

This turned out very nice! I’ve been experimenting with watercolor brushes but I really want to get back into using my usual style eventually. Anyway, cool stuff! Can you spot all the Easter Eggs?
prizebooth.png

Last edited:

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
Two posts incoming today! First up, some character design that I made recently! This would actually be the first one in the thread… so uh… cool!

ANYWAY! The other night I had told myself I wanted to design at least 3 characters in one night before I passed out. I only got done “2” (technically it’s two sketches and one colored so if sketches = half done, then I only did 2 lol). Oops. But on the bright side, I made a character I really like. Meet Verdant!
IMG_8293.jpeg

She can cut stone with her razors (she’s just THAT good…)! Been really wanting to experiment with hair styles because right now (and she too is a victim of this) the extent of the hair I can draw is spiky hair, long hair, and or fluffy hair. That’s it. I needa try new hair styles.

But yea! Cool beans! More creatures coming super soon; just gotta give them descriptions!

Edit: I forgot… I’LL POST THEM TONIGHT I SWEAR; I’LL EVEN POST TWO LINES! YEH!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)