The PKMN-MMORPG Project

Imagine that you are playing pokemon, but this time, you are connected with hundreds of other trainers around you. The possiblities are endless. You can battle, trade, chat, and much more online! You can even complete quests to earn goods, such as money, items, or even rare pokemon...

Sound impossible? Its not! This is "The Pokemon MMORPG Project
". Our goal is to create a successful Pokemon MMORPG for computer. What separates us from other teams wanting to make one of these? Good question. Our team consists of several talented young minds from various well-known projects, some of which being Pokemon Platinum (a GSC remake), PP06, and even The Spriter's Resource.

Still not convinced this project is serious about making one? Below are a couple sreenshots of what we hope it will look like (its not the actual game screenshot, but more or less a "skeleton" of one):

Game Screen

Again, its not a real screenshot (we are working on a few simple ones), but it gives you an idea of what we are doing.

The game screen will look similar to runescape's, so if you have played that, then you'll be pretty accustomed to this one.

Also, we are using Diamond/Pearl graphics for this game. 2D MMORPGs are getting outdated, and they lack a realistic feel. The semi-3D of DP seems suitable for this game.

One last thing: You will be able to play as any of the trainers in the game franchise, including, but not limiting to, hiker, bug catcher, ace trainer, and even rocket. These are just a few of the many characters. You can also choose 1 of any of the current 12 starters as your first pokemon.

Below is the link to our forum, as well as our project button. We hope to see you join!

http://pkmnmmorpg.proboards61.com/index.cgi
or
http://www.pkmn-mmorpg.tk

If you have any questions about this project, feel free to post or PM me about it. Thanks.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
There are like 10 of these. The main ones were called 'Pokemon Online' and 'Pokemon Den of Ages' iirc. Google them!

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
Oh wow, I remember this. Haha, I haven't been to that site in forever.

Also, my project will have some MMO elements.

It would be cool if a project like this actually got finished. =)
And cool for those who makes it if Nintendo doesn't find out =(

But I would definitely want to play this kind of game if it was actually good. It's not like there's ever gonna be an official Pokémon MMORPG so it's nice that people out there have ambitions.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
These kinds of projects always die mid-project due to lack of interest or people getting lazy :/

post it up... where can i beta test on some shit like that... show me the download link.. ill tell you whats dope and whats not about that game... just give me a copy of all my pokemon right now and its done motha effa.

although i would absolutely love to play it, realistically though, i know im gonna stop playing after a few months, it just like with everything else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)