The Next Best Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dcae

I'd imagine this working nicely on a hail team that needs spin support. Tangrowth can be a huge threat against hail teams, especially when it's partnered with Slowking.

I'm voting for myself, HnC

Dcae set is interesting but the losses of bulk and offense (atk and SD) really hurts like now will be walled by standard physical or mixed walls such qwilfish or slowking and you need keep Ice Gem to HKO Tangrowth with a terrible move: Blizzard, which is gonna miss almost 1/3 times on the battles very frustrating if this happens thought. And no point to use Kabutops Blizzard in hail teams when this teams have 0 problems against Tangrowth / Torterra. The idea is very cool to use in something like Ferraligart with SD w/ LO (which also have a better SpA) but on Kabutops Sword Dance on a offensive set and Rapid spin are very important imo

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
srk1214: 1
Dcae: 13
atomicllamas: 0
Hot N Cold: 6
Cabol: 0

The winner is Dcae's Lure Kabutops set!
Next we have... big movepool muddafucka

Clefable

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Clefable @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Brave Nature
- Work Up
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Softboiled

This is actually really similar to a smogon set (if it is to close let me know, and I'll change it), but it utilizes Clefable's staying power to set up some boosts and blast through the opponent. This set struggles with rock types, but many of them have a secondary typing weak to fire, so you just need to be able to handle Omastar and Kabutops with the rest of your team. It probably also really wants either paralysis support or trick room support, so it can strike first, as other wise powerful fighitng types will wreck Clefable (as usual) This Clefable also works as a cool lure for stuff like Steelix and Ferroseed who would normally try to set up all over you, but will be set up on themselves. Plus, who wouldn't want to see cute little Clefable wreck a team, I know I would :).

Clefable @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Softoboiled / Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Trick

This Clefable is a great status absorber against stuff like Amoonguss or Tangrowth while with Trick and Flame Orb cripple totally physical threats like Druddigon, Escavalier or Gallade, making Clefable after of this a great mixed wall thanks to the evs SpD investiment. This Clefable is a great temmate for stall and balance teams with Wish, Specially Defensive wall and criple physical threats on the switch. This set works especially well on hail teams thanks to Magic Guard and using Trick to Flame Orb to the opponent making them bad with the burn and sometimes with the lose of leftovers.

Clefable @ Life orb

EVs: 252HP / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Blizzard/Ice Beam
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Thunder Bolt
- Soft Boiled

A close look at Clefables move pool shows that it actually has very useful coverage With Blizzard, T-bolt and flamethrower, Clefable has all the tools she needs to strike the tier hard. Being Able to take advantage of Magic Guard, Clefable gains the advantage of no passive damage from Life Orb recoil or status or hazards, you know this. This set goes to capitalize on its power of super effective hits, thus eliminating the need of hyper voice or double edge (Splitting investment can be a bit troublesome for clefable.) With A Tundrabolt combination and flamethrower, Clefable hits the entire tier for neutral damage (Barring most lanturn) with a plentiful score of super effectiveness on key threats such as qwilfish, Escavalier and tangrowth while otherwise nailing anything else hard with a life orb boosted blizzard. hazard support makes set evening more threatening, with nothing appreciating coming in to tanking its hits as the spikes and attacks begin to take its tole. Soft Boiled rounds off the set by increasing its longevity If the opponents are able to score hits on clefable, not too dire a problem being relatively bulky. If you are 100% sure you can keep clefable from taking damage, you can swap out its health investment for speed and soft boiled for Hyper voice to allow clefable to apply even further pressure and striking power to weakend walls. Ice Beam is an option if you want its reliability, but the sheer power gained from blizzard makes up for the accuracy lost. Note that if hyper voice is chosen over soft boiled, it would be perhaps more viable for ice beam. The same boat is goes for Fire blast, all though, fire blast is a generally better choice due to 85% being a fairly reliable accuracy, though flamethrower still is an option if you want to make sure you always land the hit on escavalier and the like.

Edit: Hail was banned so I made some changes. Nothing too dramatic.​

Coverage Based Stall Breaker

Last edited:

mkizzy

formerly kenny

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Brave Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Healing Wish
- Softboiled

Like the set atomicllamas posted, this is pretty much the wallbreaking set with a unique move slapped on: Healing Wish, which adds to its utility a little bit. Healing Wish is just a really cool ass move to have on your team for healing up that injured sweeper for finishing the game =).Most of the time, once you get the opportunity to use Healing Wish, the opponent's check or counter to the Pokemon you aim to heal will be eliminated, making it very easy to sweep through the rest of a team with that provided second chance. Also, no one expects Healing Wish from this thing either, especially when they see you use Double-Edge and assume you're the standard offensive set which helps it get it off that much more easily. This is especially cool for a situation like if you're facing Spiritomb, a Pokemon offensive Clefable has quite a bit of trouble with, you can simply use Healing Wish as it comes in to get in a weakened Pokemon that can easily beat it, such as Lum Hone Claws Durant or Aggron, potentially finishing up the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)