The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
but the main reason it is logically aang is because they show the last 4 avatars (assuming its aang) in the order they were alive v_v

why would they have kyoshi, roku, RANDOM GUY, then korra

edit: yeah but the original obviously had no order whatsoever
what im saying about this new sequence is that there is clearly an order and that order is the last 4 avatars and it makes no sense that it wouldnt be aang

Because in the original it was Pakku, random earthbender (who turned out to be the unused character that Toph became, and eventually thrown in to be Roku's teacher), Azula (who was unknown till the end of season 1) and the still-random air monk? Hell if I know...

It took me a few views just to realize that was Kyoshi and Roku when I first saw it originally, so I guess I'm just slow since I don't pay that much attention to the opening sequence.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
so.... any ideas how amon could have learned energy bending??? I thought only a few avatars learned how to do it. (and the lion turtle taught aang after no one had energy bended for thousands of years)

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
so.... any ideas how amon could have learned energy bending??? I thought only a few avatars learned how to do it. (and the lion turtle taught aang after no one had energy bended for thousands of years)
My friend came up with Ko the Face Eater.

I doubt it but it does make some level of sense.

Yeah I'm already raising the WTF flag, but in a good way since this is an utter mystery compared to what we do know of how it works.

It's kinda funny to see the equalist guys using electric batons and chi blocking so effectively, they're kicking team korra's asses all over lol.

Amon could be telling the truth about how he did learn energy bending.

Perhaps the spirit world is unpleased with the industrialization of the world. You do remember Hei-bei?

i thought energybending entailed lots of sparkly lights? also, there was some resistance from ozai, but maybe lightning dude just didn't have a strong will or something?

also, digging bo li (?) as the new sokka

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Perhaps the spirit world is unpleased with the industrialization of the world. You do remember Hei-bei?
Yes, but that would probably mean the spirit world would want to get rid of republic city and go back to the days of pre hundred years war.

also bolin having sokka moments is good hahah

edit: Show airs: 11:00 AM on NICK every Saturday

as for the whole lightning thing, i never bought the absence of emotion in order to shoot lightning. Iroh is probably one of the most caring and emotional characters in the entire series, yet he is one of the strongest fire benders as well as one of the three lightning benders. My guess would be, just like the random influx of metal benders people have taught the next generations how to bend lightning.

Some interesting things to think about along with this topic. 1.) Water benders can 'blood bend' along with fire -> lightning and earth -> metal, but what is air's 'additional bending' capabilities. A friend of mine suggest 'sound bending' being able to manipulate sound waves and vibrations. Also if there are an influx of lightning and metal benders would that mean there are also blood benders afoot in republic city??? something to consider.

http://www.nick.com/games/legend-of-korra-welcome-to-republic-city.html
if you play through this information game to the 'central station' part there is some surprising details about zuko to be unveiled...:)
HES ALIVE FFFFF!!!! !ASFASDAS

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
when do they have this on tv? I haven't really been keeping track

hope I haven't missed episode 3....

It's possible, but that would kinda defeat the whole point of the Avatar wouldn't it?

Or actually (being a star wars fan), I guess you could see duality in it, like with jedi and sith, some use whatever spirit force for good, others for evil? lol...then again, there's 2 schools of thoughts for me when it comes to Amon: he's either secretly some bender or somehow an individual who now apparently picked up energy bending (as the lion turtle did state it was an ancient technique predating bending, meaning it's possible that anyone could have used it if they knew how) or if he's truly your average joe, he likely concocted some formula or something that could technologically inhibit bending.

Also, what's with all the fire benders using lightning all of a sudden? That was the other wtf moment to me, lightning generation is supposed to be exceedingly rare, I thought Ozai, Iroh, and Azula were the only benders capable of it in TLA at that time, yet here it seems to be pretty common 70 years later; did they discover some other way of being able to generate it besides the given explanation or something? As I can't see all of them having the whole absence of emotion thing going on mentally.

Also, what's with all the fire benders using lightning all of a sudden? That was the other wtf moment to me, lightning generation is supposed to be exceedingly rare, I thought Ozai, Iroh, and Azula were the only benders capable of it in TLA at that time, yet here it seems to be pretty common 70 years later; did they discover some other way of being able to generate it besides the given explanation or something? As I can't see all of them having the whole absence of emotion thing going on mentally.
This is how I see it: it's been 70 years so it's bound to have become more common. But just because they can do it doesn't mean they can do it well. It's like the difference between between being an ordinary bender and being a master. Even the triad who used it made it seem a bit weaker than we're used to seeing

Anyone else think we'll see air have its glory moment this season? Think about it: all of he other elements have some cool subset; water --> bloodbending, earth --> metalbending, fire --> lightning. We've seen some cool things from Aang but nothing definitive yet

This is how I see it: it's been 70 years so it's bound to have become more common. But just because they can do it doesn't mean they can do it well. It's like the difference between between being an ordinary bender and being a master. Even the triad who used it made it seem a bit weaker than we're used to seeing

Anyone else think we'll see air have its glory moment this season? Think about it: all of he other elements have some cool subset; water --> bloodbending, earth --> metalbending, fire --> lightning. We've seen some cool things from Aang but nothing definitive yet
Well here's the other thing though, even in TLA lightning was extremely uncommon across all prior generations for the last who knows how many years; now all of a sudden, it's "belittled" from a once-exalted mastery status down to simple use in a factory plant. So again, I mean they have to have discovered an alternate method of generation or something, as I just find it hard to believe the "traditional" formation of it can be so common given the rigorous requirements and potentially deadly nature of using it.

Also, Air has no subset as far as we know, though maybe they'll fix that. Maybe gravity manipulation or something? lol

Also, Air has no subset as far as we know, though maybe they'll fix that. Maybe gravity manipulation or something? lol
I've actually been bothered by just that for the longest time.

I'd guess it'll either be some kind of compression deal, making "solid air" or, better, they'll play with the fact that air is everywhere and make the alternate to air be no-air, or vacuums.

Also, water benders are cheaters. They get ice AND healing :/

I really hope Amon isn't some sort of Ghetsis-like character. I mean that in a way that I don't just want him to be some guy who is only leading the movement for the sake of ridding everyone else of their bending, while he is secretly a bender the whole time.

'Cause come on, we all know he's right/bringing up a valid point, and it'd be great if the series acknowledges it in some way at least.

I don't think we would see any more blood benders considering that only Katara had blood bending as a method invented by Hama. I don't think she would have passed it on. Also, as far as we know, it can only be done under the full moon.

If Amon was Energybending (or whatever it's called), then that would mean that he is a Bender, now, shouldn't it? And shouldn't that mean that he should be prosecuted by his own revolution?

Amon also mentioned something about being traumatized by a Firebender. You think it could possibly be the same Firebender Mako mentioned in his story? Future villain?

Love how they did the "Previously On" segment, btw. Very fitting for a world like the 1920s or 1930s.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
anyone know where i can watch ep 3?

i can't wake up at 11 even if it's for something as good as this.
If you missed the episode this morning, it's on the nick website now: link.
Anyways, loved the new episode. What it lacked in action was made up for with this great plot twist. I was very on edge by the end of it; can't wait to see what else happens in this season. I also love how "not bending" is the new "bending" to a degree. Watching those without powers fight is supah fly.

Upstart

Copy Cat
Seriously I love this show and the NEW team avatar has enough components to pay tribute to the old team but a lot of new dynamics that I would like to see how they play out.

My current plot prediction is that Amon will in need end Korra's bending. This would force Korra to acknowledge the spiritual side of bending and travel to the spirit world where she will reach enlightenment.(Note: as this series was originally only one season I expect a lot of character evolution to occur faster than in the tlab). I also believe that Amon got his powers from spirits. I don't think the spirits were spiteful but rather wish to determine if the avatar has a place in the new industrialized society. Thus, Korra will change the role of the avatar.

My favorite character at this time is probably Maku.

I also would like to see team avatar learn some new techniques so that they don't get their butts kicked so badly by the equalists.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Episode 3 and Episode 4 preview Spoilers

Wow, the Avatar team managed to create such a good villain in Amon, he means business and he has a legitimate background to his insane evil rantings. Judging from the preview of episode four that played at the end he tries to energybend a chained up Korra. I don't care when it happens, or if it will happen in this episode, but I will cheer when Amon goes to Energybend Korra and figures out what the avatar state is (something that probably hasn't been seen since Aang fought Sozin, a good 70 years ago).

Insofar as Amon getting energybending, isn't the Spirit World composed of creatures both for and against the mortal world. Amon could just be backed by a disgruntled but very powerful spirit creature seeking revenge on the avatar (like Ko's hatred of a past avatar for trying to kill him, but given his disposition towards Aang I expect this spirit to be much worse and much meaner). Twisting a man's loss of his family and burning desire for revenge into a means of enacting your own personal revenge and disaster upon the world seems like it'd be up their on evil spirit actions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)