The Imposter Laddering Contest

I added a section on Wildcard strategies.

Kingslayer2779 brought up a good point last night on calculating scores. Even if GXE varies between ladders, the fact that it's averaged already incorporates the variance between STABmons and AAA. Plus GXEs are easier to average when a player doesn't rank on a ladder (for example (75% + 0%) / 2 versus (5th place + ??? place) / 2). So I might switch it to that.

Also The Immortal is mean and doesn't want to use Star rank for anything besides the Daily tours. Other ideas:
  • Mention in Room Intro (The current Imposter Champion is: )
  • Influence over the next contest's ladders/team picks
  • Temporary CT on Smogon (I have to clear this with the rest of upper staff first)
  • Some combination of the above
Gxe also creates an intresting dynamic when laddering. Gxe doesn't decay, but it also is difficult to raise without a good deal of battles. But it also requires you to beat quality opponents. With enough time players can get high elo without facing many quality opponents or losing to them. Also if you average gxe at the end of the month instead of taking peaks, it adds a risk/reward dynamic to continued laddering without requiring players to spend time maintaining rank throughout the whole month.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ilc megazard
edit: Eevee General can we use the other gira form
edit 2: actually out but still good thing to know for others

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
ilc megazard
edit: Eevee General can we use the other gira form
edit 2: actually out but still good thing to know for others
Anything else?

You may use any NFE, alternate form, or mega form of the Pokemon provided, but not split evolutions. (So you can't turn a Gardevoir into a Gallade.) You can change your team around so long as you maintain the same 6 Pokemon during the challenge. (You may change abilities/moves/items depending on the metagame.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)