SM OU The Greatest Team of All Time, Objectively

INTRODUCINGTHE GREATEST POKEMEN TEAM OF ALL TIME

COOL TEAM LOGO (EPIC)

Hello Smogon!

Welcome back, boys and girls, to another analysis. It is I, the one and only original content creator of “The Great Leaders of the World”, and I am proud to present to you my newest creation, the greatest team of all time (even greater than the Great Leaders).

This is so sad, you can't even prove I faked it. But my peak got taken down. This is so sad.

Here is an epic replay from the high ladder. (Hyper Offense is a little hard for this team to deal with, however):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-966552499
Here is a replay against my #1 rival, 91 GXE player AMINO GOD: (This team devours stall, as it deals with Chansey very easily as you can see below):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-966555423

How I built this team:
My thought process whilst building was relatively simple. As a builder, I like to think outside of the box and with all this innovation these days, being ordinary is the way to stand out (A retro-revolution, if you will). Thus, as you can see, I have extracted all my Pokemen from the top of the OU Ranking Tier list, which means they are the best of the best, agreed upon by the masses. The highest of qualities.

Caveat: I have gone with Alakazam-Mega evolution on my team as well, because it was first alphabetically of the A+ mons.

My thoughtful choosing process: (the underlined ones are the ones I chose)

FURTHERMORE, besides using only the highest echelon of Pokemen, I have also copied all of their top sets from the prestigious University of Smogon’s website. With the Top Pokemon and their Top Sets, I feel truly unstoppable!

Because my thread got locked last time for not providing detailed-enough analysis (even though I did), below are my high level analyses on these Pokemon. This took me a long time to write, so please like and subscribe. If these analyses seem familiar, that’s because most of the top battlers and builders think in the same way I do and not because I copied them from Smogon directly. Again, these are original analyses that I wrote by myself.

TEAM DESCRIPTIONS:

ASH-GRENINJA

Ash-Greninja is a top Pokemon because its excellent offensive typing combines with its monstrous Special Attack and Speed stats to turn it into a dangerous attacker that is capable of shredding offensive teams. This is further enhanced by its access to Water Shuriken, which is one of the most powerful priority moves in the game if Battle Bond has activated. It's also one of the best offensive Spikers in the tier, being able to wear down its own checks and counters. However, until it successfully knocks something out, Greninja needs to go through its mediocre base forme, which functionally lacks an ability. This means that it can have a lot of difficulty breaking through a number of common defensive Pokemon like Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and Assault Vest Magearna. It is also frail, meaning that it has a lot of difficulty switching into even strong resisted hits consistently.

HEATRAN

Heatran is one of the best Pokemon in the metagame thanks to a variety of different traits. Its typing and really well-rounded stats make it a good check to top threats within the metagame like Magearna, Mega Mawile, Tornadus-T, and Ferrothorn. Additionally, because of Z-Moves, it's hard to consistently keep Heatran in check defensively. For example, it can easily overwhelm checks like Garchomp and Mega Alakazam with Steelium Z as well as Tapu Fini and Rotom-W with Grassium Z. It's an exceptionally useful Stealth Rock setter because it can easily pressure common Defoggers like Tornadus-T and Rotom-W. It can also function as a stallbreaker with the combination of Magma Storm, Toxic, and Taunt, only adding to its overall versatility. However, Heatran's popularity is not entirely positive. Because of how popular it is, Pokemon like Magearna, Tornadus-T, Volcarona, and Tapu Lele, Pokemon that Heatran is supposed to check, often elect to use coverage moves to overwhelm it. In addition to this, Heatran has no reliable recovery, which makes it pretty easy to wear down with entry hazards and even resisted moves like Hurricane over time. Heatran's middling Speed tier also leaves it susceptible to offensive Pokemon like Landorus-T, Ash-Greninja, and Mega Medicham.

Landorus-T

Landorus-T is incredibly versatile. It can function as an effective pivot thanks to its access to Intimidate and U-turn, whether that be an offensive pivot that takes advantage of its sky-high Attack stat or a bulky one that makes use of its access to Stealth Rock and useful set of resistances, checking Pokemon like Mega Pinsir and Mega Lopunny. It can also function as a potent wallbreaker thanks to its access to Swords Dance and its dangerous STAB combination in conjunction with Z-Moves. However, its weaknesses to Ice and Water often cause issues given that they are both very common types on offensive and defensive Pokemon alike such as Weavile, Ash-Greninja, and Toxapex, and its lack of recovery options hurts its ability to check certain Pokemon repeatedly throughout the match. Its average Speed stat also leaves it below the important base 95 benchmark, leaving it vulnerable to dangerous Pokemon that sit on or above it such as Tapu Lele, Kyurem-B, Volcarona, and Mega Medicham.

Magearna

Thanks to its ability Soul-Heart, Magearna has the ability to snowball with Shift Gear sets, meaning that it is very hard to check late-game. It also has a great typing, which gives it resistances to common types like Fairy, Psychic, and Dark. This gives it good setup opportunities and allows it to function as a defensive check to Pokemon such as Clefable, Tapu Lele, Mega Alakazam, and Ash-Greninja. Magearna possesses a high base 130 Special Attack with an excellent movepool consisting of good moves like Fleur Cannon, Focus Blast, Calm Mind, Shift Gear, and Thunderbolt. Essentially, Magearna can pick its check and counters due to the variety of Z-Crystals it can viably run on offensive sets, such as Fairium Z, Steelium Z, and Electrium Z, which hit a wide variety of Pokemon. Additionally, Magearna has access to Volt Switch, which allows it to act as a defensive pivot and gain momentum. Unfortunately, Magearna lacks any sort of reliable recovery whatsoever, meaning it can be worn down with ease. This means that most Magearna sets, Assault Vest sets especially, are prone to Spikes, because they will have a hard time switching into Pokemon such as Ash-Greninja and Tapu Lele multiple times throughout the match. Mediocre Speed prior to setup also means Magearna is susceptible to common Pokemon such as Heatran, Landorus-T, and Garchomp.

Toxapex

Toxapex is one of the best defensive Pokemon in the OU metagame thanks to a combination of excellent natural bulk, multiple methods of recovery, and a key move in Haze, making it a great fit on stall and balance teams alike. Toxapex is one of the few viable Pokemon in OU with access to Toxic Spikes, which gives it a method to passively wear down the opposition, and immensely pressures sweepers from setting up. Its Poison / Water typing furthers its defensive capabilities, letting it check a myriad of offensive threats such as Ash-Greninja, Magearna, Mega Scizor, Volcarona, and Mega Lopunny. Toxapex is able to effectively pivot into many attacks because of its insane bulk and Regenerator ability, allowing it to scout movesets with very little risk. However, abysmal offensive stats make Toxapex somewhat passive, and it relies on status to make up for this shortcoming. Despite its passive nature, Toxapex can be extremely difficult to take down without a dedicated answer to it, and is capable of stalling out many Pokemon that fail to break it.

Alakazam-Mega

Alakazam is a notable threat to the OU metagame due to the valuable offensive niche it holds. Mega Alakazam is a fantastic special wallbreaker and sweeper, as its great Speed means it is outsped only by some Choice Scarf users. It also possesses the highest Special Attack stat in the tier as well as a useful ability in Trace, which lets it copy a plethora of useful abilities. It can trace Flash Fire and Levitate, letting it wall Heatran and Mega Latios lacking Draco Meteor, respectively. Regenerator can be traced from the likes of Toxapex, Tangrowth, and Tornadus-T to keep Mega Alakazam healthy. And even other situational abilities like Swift Swim, Beast Boost, and Soul-Heart can be occasionally copied. However, Mega Alakazam to some extent struggles to hurt some bulkier teams due to the presence of Magearna, Celesteela, and Ferrothorn. Regular Alakazam's niche lies in its access to Magic Guard, which allows it to run a Life Orb set that, just like its mega forme, can switch into threats like Heatran reliably and force them out. Unfortunately, Alakazam and Mega Alakazam are both extremely frail and are thus extremely vulnerable to Choice Scarf users and priority, which are both quite common. They also are susceptible to common attacks in Pursuit, U-turn, and Knock Off.

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Thank you for reading my post! I hope you win many battles with this all powerful team!!!!! Maybe one day you'll even have a 52 GXE like me ;), but I wouldn't count on that, hehe.

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
FURTHERMORE, besides using only the highest echelon of Pokemen, I have also copied all of their top sets from the prestigious University of Smogon’s website. With the Top Pokemon and their Top Sets, I feel truly unstoppable!
Doesnt sound too safe. But nice team anyway.

Man, great team! Those replays showcased how to use the team really well. The only gripe I have with this is that I think you used the wrong image for alakazam, but I will DEFINITELY be using this team to peak ladder.
Thanks man! I really thought those replays were a good way to display the power of this team! Also, I'm just now realizing that I accidentally put a picture of Mega-Gyarados instead, my bad xdddd!

Last edited:
Cool team I love the symbolism and funny pictures this was a deep RMT to read and it definitely touched my heart.
I'm glad this very thought-provoking post has touched your heart. Building this team and writing this page was truly an experience in and of itself! Hours upon hours of firm concentration and grueling labor have afforded me the privilege of bringing this masterpiece to your own computer screen!

Like and subscribe for more content please, Sayuze, next week we go over the fundamentals of talking to women in real life!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)