Hobbies The Go(Weiqi) Thread

DuGuo

Just say love me.
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about Go here. After communicating with some friends who also play Go and Pokemon, I think it's time to start building a sub-community about Go.
Go is an abstract strategy board game for two players in which the aim is to surround more territory than the opponent. The game was invented in China more than 2,500 years ago and is believed to be the oldest board game continuously played to the present day. If you want to know more about Go and its detailed rules, please click here.
I hope this thread becomes an all inclusive discussion regulating Go. For example, you learn the story of go, your experience of participating in go competitions, Go AI, or your favorite chess player.
Personally, I'm just an amateur player. I became a 4D player three years ago, but I haven't played much since. But I still pay attention to the news of Go.
All in all, enjoy it and have fun here!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I used to play Go with my ex boyfriend, but I wasn't any good at it at all. I get very lost in mid-game and end-game.
The way of thinking in Go is very different from chess, and I prefer chess way more.

But Go has always had a very culturally significant role in China, Japan and Korea.

DuGuo

Just say love me.
is a Tiering Contributor
I used to play Go with my ex boyfriend, but I wasn't any good at it at all. I get very lost in mid-game and end-game.
The way of thinking in Go is very different from chess, and I prefer chess way more.

But Go has always had a very culturally significant role in China, Japan and Korea.
Hey, I'm glad someone finally replied here. Yes, go tests the overall view and computing power and is more famous in Asia. I hope this post can let people from more parts of the world know about go.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
New animation of go from Chinese TV! It is a sequel to the childhood memories of many Chinese people.
I heard they made a live action version of the Japanese anime Hikari no Go, but localized into a much more Chinese setting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)