The Everything NHL Thread

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Oh.

His name is Jonathan Drouin and is eligible this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRv3HzgsZr0

I'm more excited about him than I think I ever was about any other prospect.

Not to be confused with Xavier Ouellet, the guy in my signature who according to NHL.com, comes from Montréal, Québec, France.
Yeah I was looking at your signature instead... Already wondered what you were using (and I didn't even notice the France part on there).

Drouin really does look good and he will definitly make a push for the 1st overall pick (years of predictions for MacKinnon/Jones as 1&2 might be wasted).

Want to make a "Yakupov" out of him? Prepare to bid Vineon :)

I just dislike it because of the way the playoffs work. Top 3 in each division get automatic bids.

3/7 is easier than 3/8.

Edit: I didn't realize they were still sticking with conferences. Either way it still makes it unfair. Each conference sends 8 teams. One conference has 14. The other has 16. So in the west, you only have to beat out 6 teams to make it. In the east you have to beat out 8 teams to make it. Pretty much makes the west a complete joke.

the only thing that looks wierd to me is that Florida and Tampa are basically skipping over division D to play in C when D is closer. I was thinking of switching Florida and Tampa with both new york teams or PIT and PHI or somthing alone those lines.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
quality wise or number wise.

quality wise, i can definitely see where you're coming from. B and C look especially ugly.
C doesn't look any worse than A imo, 4 teams in the playoffs at this point in the current season and 3/4 out last time I checked. Calgary, Edmonton and Pheonix will get beat up on as much as Florida, Buffalo and Tampa, and imo Buffalo and Tampa will compete for playoff spots again within the next couple years.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I dislike for exactly the same reasons as Justin. It's inherently unfair. Either trim to 28 or expand to 32 before pulling something like this.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm glad Detroit gets reunited as a divisional rival with its next door neighbors the Florida Panthers. Geographically, they're just so close that it makes sense.

I imagine a Seattle and Hartford / Saskatoon or Regina expansion could be on the way to increase the size of the West.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I imagine a Seattle and Hartford / Saskatoon or Regina expansion could be on the way to increase the size of the West.
If by Hartford you mean the city that once hosted the Whalers in Connecticut, I'm not sure how you see them fitting in the west.

If the league isn't interested to expand in Quebec City, they definitely aren't interested to expand to Saskatchewan and their two metro urban regions below 250k people. That's not ever happening.

Pretty sure they'd love Seattle though.

I think due to the structure of the ABCD Divisions, that they will expand to 32 teams with the possibility of the Kansas City Scouts returning, and maybe the California Golden Seals. (Sharks) Kansas City has been wanting a new team for a long time, especially after failing to get the Penguins, and the Thrashers. The team that could possibly be added in the A division is up in the air, I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)