Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

So yes, I should regret saving it?
I wouldn't sweat it too much man, you always have the chance of finding someone who will trade you a competitive one. There's more than a hand full of shiny maniacs who wouldn't think twice about trading their own mother for any random shiny, much less a perfectly competitive legendary as well as folks who either aren't competitive players and don't care about stats as long as they have a pokemon they think is worth the trade or are just content with trading with people and having fun.

HP is a really unfortunate stat to have a 0 in, because it compromises your ability to take both physical and special hits. On the other hand, the nature and offensive stats are perfect. I'm on the fence and so would probably not keep it.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I got my Hasty Yveltal

HP: 25
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 28
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

The 25 HP and 28 SpA really made me OCD out, but everyone in #Pokemon told me to keep it, so I did!

Also, I used a sorta new tactic to get this Yveltal rather fast. Since Xerneas, Yveltal, and Mewtwo have abilities that give out activation messages, you can use a Pokémon with another ability message that's 1 speed point lower, and figure out the speed before you even move! This saved a nice bit of time, since I could tell if the Yveltal was borked before the move selection screen even came out!

For this purpose, I actually ended up using another Yveltal I got on GTS, and super trained that one to be 129 Speed. It also meant that the dex description didn't come up when I caught Yveltal, saving even more time!

Xerneas - #716 (Modest)
HP: 14 - 15
Att: 8 - 11
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 30 - 31
Speed: 26 - 27

I'm a bit iffy on the HP, but this the best result I've had for the last few days. Is this a keeper?

Xerneas - #716 (Modest)
HP: 14 - 15
Att: 8 - 11
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 30 - 31
Speed: 26 - 27

I'm a bit iffy on the HP, but this the best result I've had for the last few days. Is this a keeper?
Always go for 31 speed on these guys. For HP, I would like that to be higher. Here's how I do it, if it has anything lower than 198 HP (24 IVs), I don't even check it, I just toss it. Your call, but I personally would not keep that.

Well I finally got to Kiloude city and the judge confirmed IV's are 28-29/x/30/31/31/31. Since wifi lvl's are set to 50 I'm thinking of setting its EV's to around 4 in HP 146 in DEF 252 in SPA and 108 in SPE just to get that 201 HP since with 146 it's DEF will still be at 133 according to calculators. Any thoughts or opinions?

Well I finally got to Kiloude city and the judge confirmed IV's are 28-29/x/30/31/31/31. Since wifi lvl's are set to 50 I'm thinking of setting its EV's to around 4 in HP 146 in DEF 252 in SPA and 108 in SPE just to get that 201 HP since with 146 it's DEF will still be at 133 according to calculators. Any thoughts or opinions?
You technically don't need any opinions. That's almost perfect.

Zygarde
Nature: Adamant
HP: 31
Attack: 31
Defense: 31
Sp. Attack: 26
Sp. Defense: 10-11
Speed: 26-27

Speed is just high enough to outspeed anything without a Choice Scarf in OU after two Dragon Dances. Sp. Defense is disappointing, but most of the other stats are just what I want.

Always go for 31 speed on these guys. For HP, I would like that to be higher. Here's how I do it, if it has anything lower than 198 HP (24 IVs), I don't even check it, I just toss it. Your call, but I personally would not keep that.
Thanks for the feedback! I ended up ditching it before your reply for those very reasons.

I ditched the previous Zygarde I caught, and I now have this one:

Zygarde
Impish
Sp. Atk: 7
Sp. Def: 15
Speed: 25

Speed is at the bare minimum I'll accept. I'd like to run a double boosting set on it, so I'm not sure if this is all right or if I should opt for Adamant instead.

Out of curiosity has anyone bothered to SR for perfect IV's for the event Torchic? or have most of you done like me and just got one to breed and are just gonna use Mega Blaziken if your gonna use him at all

I ditched the previous Zygarde I caught, and I now have this one:

Zygarde
Impish
Sp. Atk: 7
Sp. Def: 15
Speed: 25

Speed is at the bare minimum I'll accept. I'd like to run a double boosting set on it, so I'm not sure if this is all right or if I should opt for Adamant instead.
I would go for Adamant man. With his movepool he looks like he's better used as a DD sweeper especially with Extremespeed. His bulk is more of just a bonus than the main attraction

Out of curiosity has anyone bothered to SR for perfect IV's for the event Torchic? or have most of you done like me and just got one to breed and are just gonna use Mega Blaziken if your gonna use him at all
I wouldn't bother going for perfect IVs since you need to breed Baton Pass onto it anyway. But thanks to changes in inheritance, starting with a few perfect IVs could really help speed up the process.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mewtwo - #150 (Timid) : 31 / 0 - 1 / 22 / 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31

Keep?
Yes
or we could just breed for a better one which will involve less hassle

Yes

or we could just breed for a better one which will involve less hassle
Thanks. I actually ended up keeping hours before I saw your reply but I appreciate the input. I figured since I can always get another one I may as well keep this one.
31 / x / 22 / 31 / 31 / 31 Turned out to be the final IVS.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks. I actually ended up keeping hours before I saw your reply but I appreciate the input. I figured since I can always get another one I may as well keep this one.
31 / x / 22 / 31 / 31 / 31 Turned out to be the final IVS.
It's perfect. Not like mmx is going to be timid anyhow.

I wouldn't bother going for perfect IVs since you need to breed Baton Pass onto it anyway. But thanks to changes in inheritance, starting with a few perfect IVs could really help speed up the process.
Yeah I figured as much. I tried for a couple hours just to see what I could get I think the best one I ever found had 30 in SPA (which I dont use) and SPD. Thanks guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)