Other Metagames TEMPORAL TERROR! (6 Dialgas AG Team) Hit 1599 Rating With 77.9 GXE, 54 Wins 20 Losses

Reffrey

Banned deucer.

Hello friends! I'm back after taking a long break from pokemon showdown. I wanted to stay away from it so that it doesn't interfere with my studies in college, but as long as I play it in moderation I'm happy to be back and semi active. A lot of you don't know me, especially in the AG community, since I'm more of an Ubers and VGC player. Anyway, let's get right into this team.

So, I'm sure many of you have tried making a team of 6 of the same pokemon before. 6 E-killer arceus teams are notorious for demolishing the low ladder, and 6 primal groudon teams and 6 primal kyogre teams likewise. The challenge of trying to build a team with only 1 single pokemon is that, well, it usually doesn't work. There are simply too many overwhelming weaknesses on a team composed of 6 of the same pokemon, since it is difficult to have checks to pokemon that your team is weak to when you can only use 1 pokemon on the team. But, isn't that kind of fun? Sometimes building a solid team can be easy, so why not add a challenge to it? Trying to build a solid or at least decent team with the option of only using 1 pokemon species can be pretty interesting, and in the end rewarding if success is achieved. Since it is not a very common pokemon in the AG metagame, I decided to build a team of 6 dialgas. I'm sure that maybe a couple of people have tried 6 dialga teams, but I don't know of any rmts featuring them. Now obviously, this team is bound to have some crippling weaknesses, such as primal groudon, swords dance eq arceus, mega kang, and especially mega mewtwo-x, which can shit all over this team. However, there are still ways of dealing with these threats. Honestly, considering that this team is only composed of dialga, it is a pretty solid team (or at least I hope it is).

THE TEAM

Dialga @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

This was the starting dialga set for my team. I decided that, well, if I was going to use 6 dialgas, then I might as well start off with a set that maximizes dialgas bulk and overall power. That's exactly what this set does. Maximum HP investment ensures that this dialga is very bulky, giving it 404 HP, coupled with 276 defense and 237 special defense. Stealth rock can come in handy, but it surprisingly doesn't get used too often. This dialga was originally intended to be a stealth rock setting lead, but it turns out that it doesn't work very well as one with the likelihood of the opponent leading with a pokemon that knows a ground or fighting type move. Even with the bulk investment, most primal groudons can easily OHKO this dialga with precipice blades, and sometimes even with earthquake. Another disadvantage of this dialga is that it is slow, so it usually gets outsped. That, of course, is where thunder wave comes in. We all know how freaking annoying thunder wave can be, and it has helped me win a lot of games, paralyzing fast opposing sweepers in their tracks.

Dialga @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Aura Sphere

My next dialga was equipped with an assault vest, and yet again having no speed investment. Dragon pulse and Flash Cannon are standard stab moves on dialga, dragon pulse dealing heavy damage to any dragon type (it always OHKOs mega rayquaza, unless it is an extremely bulky one), and flash cannon just missing out on the OHKO on most xerneas sets. Aura sphere is interesting, dealing decent damage to ekiller arceus and heavy damage to mega kangaskhan. It also OHKOs lucario, which is a threat to this team even though it is really only used on the low ladder. Thunder is the ultimate punishment for primal kyogre and rain based teams. Primal kyogre literally does nothing to this dialga, since dialga has a 4x water resist plus thunder and an assault vest. It is also important to note that Choice band v-create mega rayquaza fails to OHKO this dialga, which is truly amazing.

Dialga @ Adamant Orb
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave

I knew I needed some speed investment on the team at this point, so I gave this dialga 252 speed with a modest nature. Adament orb is an underused item, since I'm pretty sure most people prefer life orb, but for this set adament orb is the better option. I simply can't afford my dialga to lose 10% of its HP every time it attacks, because I need my dialgas to survive for as long as they can. Besides, a 1.3 X damage vs a 1.2 X damage multiplier isn't much of a difference, and flamethrower doesn't need a boost since it is only used to KO pesky steel, grass, and bug types that quite often are OHKOd by it. Breloom, for instance, which is an annoyance to this team with it's type advantage and access to spore, is OHKOd by flamethrower. Ferrothorn likewise is obviously OHKOd due to having a 4x fire weakness, and the same goes for scizor. Mega beedrill, another rarely used threat to this team, gets taken out by a single flamethrower. Sadly dialga misses out on the OHKO on xerneas, but once in a while it can pick up the KO on a less bulky xerneas variant. Stealth rock damage can also help. The importance of the speed investment on dialga is that it outspeeds most primal groudon sets, and gets to take out over half of an opposing primal groudon's health with dragon pulse, thus leaving it in KO range.

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Power Gem
- Toxic
- Dragon Pulse

This dialga set is definitely a weird one. Shuca berry allows it to withstand a precipice blades from primal groudon, and then punish pdon back with an earth power. The evs are pretty basic, once again maximizing bulk and power at the cost of speed. Luckily though, with the thunder wave spam on this team, the lack of speed investment doesn't really matter. Power gem is a rarely used move, and dialga is one of the few pokemon that learns it. It is mainly used to take out ho-oh, talonflame, and volcarona, all of which have a 4x weakness to rock. Toxic is just there because I needed it on the team for emergency purposes. It comes in handy if the opposing pokemon has beefed up their special defense, or if it has access to the annoying roost or recover.

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 116 HP / 140 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Roar of Time
- Earth Power

Next we have a scarfed dialga. The lack of speed on this team simply demanded a fast revenge killer and semi sweeper. Dragon Pulse, Flash Cannon, and Earth Power are obvious move choices. Roar of Time seems like an odd choice over draco meteor, but unfortunately scarfed roar of time dialga is my only way of taking out a properly designed mega mewtwo-x. As I mentioned earlier, mega mewtwo-x is a tremendous threat to this team, and there is very little way of dealing with it. Roar of Time hits like an absolute truck, OHKOing almost anything, since it has 150 base power plus stab. Fortunately though, mega mewtwo-x is very rarely used, and a lot of the people who do use it don't know how to use it. If I'm up against someone who has mega mewtwo-x with low kick and this dialga is down, though, then it's gg for me. Scarfed dialga can also outspeed and take out darkrai (at the cost of being stuck using roar if time, but I can still switch out).

Dialga @ Lum Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake

Since every other pokemon on the team has onlt special attacking moves, I had to have a physical attacker. Dialga's base 120 physical attack isn't that bad, so dialga can definitely function properly as a physical attacker. Maximum attack ensures that Outrage hits like a truck, and the 128 HP 128 Spe investment makes this dialga decently bulky and not too slow. Bulk up is better than one might expect, turning dialga into a devastating physically bulky sweeper. The lum berry as the item was an obvious choice, since I needed a way to better counter darkrai and other pokemon that use sleep moves. The lum berry also helps prevent against will-o-wisp, and other annoying status inflicting moves.

Summary

Although this team might not look that good, I guarantee that it is better than you might expect. I've managed to handle countless teams that featured threats, like primal groudon and even mewtwo x, although I have still lost some battles. A 1599 rating is nothing special, and is even laughable to some, but considering that I made this team in just 2 days, and that it's composed of only dialga, I am decently proud of it. 54 wins and 20 losses isn't so bad as well. I was laddering under the alt "Temporal Terror," so if you want to watch some replays look the username up that username. Below I have provided a few notable replays, with brief descriptions. Unfortunately at the end of each battle my ladder rating was not displaying for some reason, but I have a picture of my 1599 rating right here:

Sorry that it's so huge! Here are replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-472890210
vs Sogno Stellare, a very close game. I've battled him several times, and I win about half the time.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-472917864
vs Meriones, this guy had a mediocre team, but it at least shows how rain teams are demolished by my team

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-472881101
vs XIIINDAM, a surprising victory against a team of a mega ray, a darkrai, 3 arceus-ghosts, and a xerneas

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-472863192
vs konami76, bulk up dialga sweeps 5 pokemon, only to be stopped by mewtwo x, then scarfed roar of time dialga comes to the rescue with a critical hit on the 2 x spd boosted mewtwo, I was a little rude to my opponent in this match, my apologies

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-472428188
vs S. Flareon, a narrow victory

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-471806908
vs musicmakerwill, I lost to low kick mewtwo-x, and at the time I didn't have roar of time on my scarfed dialga so I couldn't take it out

Okay, that wraps it all up. Your comments and feedback are appreciated. Just don't flame me.

Here's the team in full:

=== [anythinggoes] Temporal Terror ===

Dialga @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Dialga @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Aura Sphere

Dialga @ Adamant Orb
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Power Gem
- Toxic
- Dragon Pulse

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 116 HP / 140 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Roar of Time
- Earth Power

Dialga @ Lum Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake

- Reffrey

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey man, I understand this is a gimmicky team(no offense), but if you are about to use 6 dialgas, at least use all of them for 6 different purposes, or else you are just making half the team similar to other half, not that I recommend it but if you still want to use 6 dialgas, I guess its fun and also has a natural resistance to extreme speed so that helps, so what I recommend :
1 stealth rock support with roar/2 choice scarf dialgas to comfortably take out ekillers(though you still lose to ekiller spam)/1 chople berry and 1 shuca berry offensive dialgas/1 bulk up iron head sleep talk set if you want, to help against stall.

I am in kind of hurry rn, so I'll update this post with necessary sets later on. Anyways Best of Luck!!

Edit::
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Metal Burst

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roar of Time
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Dialga @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Metal Burst
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

Dialga @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

If you have any doubts, just ask me

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)