Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

The team i have with these guys is mainly hazard stack weak, gardevoir/sylveon heatran and weavile weak as well. So I'd like to see what can u guys do with the core. Adding a watertype like manaphy/R-W is apreciated as it beats most of Charizard X's checks/counters (hippowdon, diancie, heatran, etc)

Hi builders, i'm glad to see that you are open for the moment^^ Today my request is an offensive team around 2 of my fav mon's !

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Those mons are really...strong! Just putting pressure on the opponent team is what I love with this core. Weavile is a great anti-offense and Medicham just destroys big fat mon's. Have fun building guys^^
PS: if you could put some badass nicknames, it would be very nice^^ (m00ns nicks for the win)

So, back with another core, hope this one will be accepted as good enough to build around

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

So, the idea around this core is that Magnezone can beat Pokemon that Rhyperior struggles with, namely Water-, Steel, and Grass-types (although it struggles to beat M-Venu). Rock Polish Rhyperior is not the best set for not excactly the best Pokemon in OU, but I do believe it has potential if played correctly. It peaks a Speed of 392 at +2 I do believe, which outspeeds nearly everything except M-Lopunny, M-Manectric, M-Aerodactyl, M-Alakazam, and some Scarfers. To further help Rhyperior I guess that something that beats EQ users such as Lando-T and Garchomp, as they are a problem to Rhyperior (good lures for these are a plus, but not required). If whoever builds around this feels like Specs Magnezone is not the best set together with Rhyperior, it's okay for me if you swap to Scarf or Air Balloon or whatever, Specs was just the first set that crossed my mind. I guess that this team would end up as maybe offense/bulky offense, but idk, go for whatever team type you feel fits best.

(will post pics l8r)

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 64 Atk / 232 SpA / 212 Spe
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Toxic

basically this core is p simple. key and thundy paraspam everything, except for grounds and elecs which cube decimates. overall this core looks fun but i have had limitted success with it. hope you guys can make a successful team.

Hey guys! I'm asking for an Offensive / Bulky Offensive team around AoA Mega Blastoise and LO Mixed Kyurem Black. The offensive grass/electric types that give Blastoise trouble can be dealt with by Kyurem-B. Additionally, Blastoise provides decent spin support for Kyurem. Feel free to change the sets if needed, obviously.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump / Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam / Rapid Spin

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt / Iron Head
- Roost
Liking the teams you guys built so far. Keep it up :)

Hey guys! I'm asking for an Offensive / Bulky Offensive team around AoA Mega Blastoise and LO Mixed Kyurem Black. The offensive grass/electric types that give Blastoise trouble can be dealt with by Kyurem-B. Additionally, Blastoise provides decent spin support for Kyurem. Feel free to change the sets if needed, obviously.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump / Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam / Rapid Spin

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt / Iron Head
- Roost
Liking the teams you guys built so far. Keep it up :)
Mine

Hey guys, I think that this is a cool core to work with.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry/ Lum
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Raikou @ Leftovers/ zap plate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- substitute/ volt switch

I think that this core can work because Volc hates birds which raikou can help deal with, and volc can help weaken ground types like hippowdon for raikou. I went with calm mind on each to help weaken each others counters, such as raikou sort of being able to weaken tran for volc. This would probably need hazard removal and stuff for psychical attackers as both of these are only specially bulky to an extent. I put some slashes because I wasnt sure of the best move and item choices. Feel free to change them to anything better. I hope someone will be able to make a core from this.
Thanks in advance if anyone does.
taking

Pokemon With Disgusting Attack, Hey Guys, I would like a team Built around what I think are two of the most threatning mons of the moment
Hoppa-U and Mega Zard X, The Zard X set is the standard threatening AF DD set, and the Hoppa set is tailored to take down Zards most common checks, Grass Knot for Hippo and Quagsire, Gunk Shot for Azumarill and Unaware Clef.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic/Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot/Drain Punch

*Scarf Hoppa can also be an option, to be better against offense

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Windgrace

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Alakazam @ Alakazite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Didn't take me long to build this because the core you provided me with is quite solid.

AM suggested I run Stone Edge on Garchomp for Talonflame because Wisp variants are annoying and it's just a more reliable answer in general than clicking Dragon Tail. Went with Taunt on Mega Alakazam to stallbreak a bit especially to stop Clefables from clicking T-Wave which Encore was not capable of doing. I opted for Klefki over Ferrothorn simply because I feel like it's better on offense and also provides a more reliable answer to offensive fairies, Weavile, Latis, and Hoopa-U. Thanks to DennisEG for the suggestion to run double status because Mega Slowbro was kind of a threat without Toxic and it helps wear down some typical switch-ins like Hippo as well. Flash Cannon is the attack simply to deal with Gardevoir and Diancie which are pretty big threats otherwise. I added a Latias here because the team was looking weak to Thundurus and electrics in general so this could check them along with Zard Y and Keldeo while providing hazard removal in emergency scenarios. Thunderbolt over Psyshock because team dislikes fat waters to a degree, it lures SpDef Skarm and still deals with SubCM Keldeo. Next up I wanted another stallbreaker since I was still looking weak to fat builds -- Clefable in particular -- as well as Serperior and Volcarona. I went with Magma Storm Heatran and I felt like Toxic wasn't really necessary since it enjoyed the coverage. Air Balloon may seem like a strange choice for a stallbreaker tran which really enjoys leftovers recovery but the ground immunity really helps it taunt Chomps & Hippos, also luring Mega Sableye to an extent as they don't expect Balloon to be Magma Storm. Lastly this alleviates some pressure from Sand Rush Excadrill and Choice Scarf Landorus-T that want to spam Earthquake and DD Mega Altaria if Klefki gets trapped by Magnezone. For the final spot I added a Choice Specs Keldeo as the team was sorta lacking a true wallbreaker and since I was packing 2 psychic types I wanted another Bisharp/Weavile check, and it deals with Mega Gyarados more reliably than Garchomp as well.

Team's a bit annoyed by Thundurus, Mega Mane + Weavile builds (beware letting Lati get trapped) and Clefable but has counterplay for all of them. Weather's annoying to switch into in general but Zam puts in work once it traces Swift Swim or Sand Rush. If the opponent has Sableye, lead Heatran or Keldeo and weaken it so that you'll be able to get hazards up later on. EDIT: Found Gliscor is pretty annoying so if it really bothers you there are a couple things you can try. I think the best is Ice Beam on Latias over Defog since it also allows you to deal nice damage to Hippowdon, Celebi and any Altaria that tries to set up on you. If you do this you will probably have to play more aggressively so you don't get hazard stacked on.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
bludz

The team looks awesome! I'm glad you were able to make something out of the core. I had made it to Alakazam, Garchomp, and Klefki but then I kept drawing major blanks on where to go from there. I'm a wee bit rusty because I haven't played competitively in a little while so I'm excited to try this team out!

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Please can you build a team around Mega-Gardevoir and Weavile ?

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Weavile can trap Bronzong, Victini and Mega-Metagross lacking Bullet Punch for Gardevoir. In a other hand, Gardevoir can beat 1vs1 most of Weavile s'counters. It also lures out Scizor with Will-O-Wisp. One can weaken Ferrothorn for the other. Something to take priority such as Brave Bird s'Talonflame and Bullet Punch s'Scizor are appreciated.
Got this one.

So, back with another core, hope this one will be accepted as good enough to build around

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

So, the idea around this core is that Magnezone can beat Pokemon that Rhyperior struggles with, namely Water-, Steel, and Grass-types (although it struggles to beat M-Venu). Rock Polish Rhyperior is not the best set for not excactly the best Pokemon in OU, but I do believe it has potential if played correctly. It peaks a Speed of 392 at +2 I do believe, which outspeeds nearly everything except M-Lopunny, M-Manectric, M-Aerodactyl, M-Alakazam, and some Scarfers. To further help Rhyperior I guess that something that beats EQ users such as Lando-T and Garchomp, as they are a problem to Rhyperior (good lures for these are a plus, but not required). If whoever builds around this feels like Specs Magnezone is not the best set together with Rhyperior, it's okay for me if you swap to Scarf or Air Balloon or whatever, Specs was just the first set that crossed my mind. I guess that this team would end up as maybe offense/bulky offense, but idk, go for whatever team type you feel fits best.
Ill try this one but not going to guarantee anything.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
+

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Zen headbutt

Came up with this idea for a Hyper Offensive team only to find out it's already on the Good core topic

basically lopunny takes advantage of hoopa's ablity to beat fairies and alot of physical walls and hoopa lets lopunny carry him against most offensive threats

you can change hoopa around as you like

here's the link
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores-check-post-714.3524713/page-50#post-6335914
Gonna try out Hoopa, taking this

ShadowGuy1 core got passed back and forth between bludz and I, and after God knows how long here's the final product:

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 54 Atk / 238 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt.
- Defog

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Taunt
(explanation / process) Okay first I wanna start out by saying this was a fun built, but at the same time there are some inconsistencies with building HO with this core. The original core itself struggles with A LOT of common threats to HO, so the rest of the team is pretty much built to handle those common threats (shit like Sand, Rain, Mega Lopunny, Mega Manectric, etc.). Anyways, the first Pokemon I added was Landorus-T. I wanted an offensive SR setter and something to alleviate those common threats off the bat, so Lando was a pretty obvious choice. It helps to alleviate shit like Sand Rush Drill, Mega Lopunny, Talonflame, Garchomp, Mags, and other things of this nature a bit. On top of having decent bulk + SR, I threw SD on here so it could put a dent into stall and balanced builds. Kyu-B is easily one of the best wallbreakers in the game, but it can't handle fat shit on its own. Next, I added Scarf Keldeo to provide the team with a general offensive Water + Water resist that helps with Mega Lop (revenge kill), Weavile, Bisharp, etc.. Icy Wind is nice for Ice coverage + utility thanks to speed drop; this can gimp Mega Alt for the team. Next, I really needed something for Mega Venusaur and Keldeo (mainly) that could provide hazard removal, so Latios was the best choice. Please note: constantly using Defog when playing HO isn't the best idea; you're gonna want to use it when you REALLY need to... that's what it's there for. Anyways, with Thunderbolt, Latios can hit things like Gyarados and Azumarill (on revenge), which the team really doesn't care for. Finally, Heatran was added in the last slot to help alleviate stall a bit more, and to help with Char-Y, Weavile (just SOMEWHAT for these 2), Char-X, Bisharp, Thundurus, Manectric, etc.. Pretty standard set here; decided to run Solar Beam to surprise and weaken fat Waters a bit. One cool thing about this team is that from your opponent's POV, it can be kinda difficult to know what sets your running. If you choose to edit the team, there are tons of things you can change around that I will detail below.

(weaknesses / other options) As I mentioned earlier, this team struggles with lots of common threats to offense: shit like Keldeo, speedy Electrics (Raikou, Thundurus, Mane), and common Scarfers (Keld again, Garchomp, Lando-T, etc.), for example, can be annoying, but you have the tools to deal with them for the most part. Lati + your own Keld alleviates Keldeo, Heatran + Lati + Kyu-B helps with electrics, and Scarfers get screwed when locked in, meaning you can switch in and get a free hit on whatever your opponent brings in. With that said, certain things aren't that easy to handle... mainly Sand Rush Drill, D-Dance Mega Altaria, Azumarill, and Rain. Sand Rush Drill has a somewhat hard time thanks to Lando-T (and Lati somewhat), but it can still put a dent in the team. D-Dance Mega Altaria gets gimped by Keld's Icy Wind, and Diancie can hit it with a Moonblast, but you really gotta try to pressure it so it can't set up comfortably. Azumarill doesn't like Latios and Kyu-B much on the revenge kill, but you have to sac something to it most of the time. Finally, Keldeo can handle Mega Pert and Kabutops in the rain, but Kingdra just eats this team. Other than Azu and Rain (mainly), that other shit can be handled... just definitely worth mentioning :p
(edit: this is what i was forgetting i think haha) There are some cool other options for this team. You can run non-Scarf Keldeo and Scarf Kyurem-B to better handle Mega Altaria mainly, but this makes you even weaker to Rain + Lop. If you find Gyarados to be a big problem, you can run HP Electric > Icy Wind on Keldeo, but this means you lose out on Icy Wind's benefits. If you don't care about hitting fat waters, you can run a filler move > Stone Edge + Air Balloon > Power Herb on Heatran. This can be a nice emergency option for Sand Rush Drill. If you run Stealth Rocks as that filler move on Heatran, you can change Landorus-T to the Double Dance set, giving you a nice win-con.

Hopefully you enjoy this team! I feel like I forgot to mention something, so sorry in advance if that's the case. If you have any questions/concerns about this team (or if you just need help with it in general), feel free to PM me on here or on PS! (I'm usually in OU room or Competitive Tutoring). Have fun n_n

special thanks to bludz for helping a lot with this team :]

Last edited:
ShadowGuy1 core got passed back and forth between bludz and I, and after God knows how long here's the final product:

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 54 Atk / 238 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt.
- Defog

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Taunt
(explanation / process) Okay first I wanna start out by saying this was a fun built, but at the same time there are some inconsistencies with building HO with this core. The original core itself struggles with A LOT of common threats to HO, so the rest of the team is pretty much built to handle those common threats (shit like Sand, Rain, Mega Lopunny, Mega Manectric, etc.). Anyways, the first Pokemon I added was Landorus-T. I wanted an offensive SR setter and something to alleviate those common threats off the bat, so Lando was a pretty obvious choice. It helps to alleviate shit like Sand Rush Drill, Mega Lopunny, Talonflame, Garchomp, Mags, and other things of this nature a bit. On top of having decent bulk + SR, I threw SD on here so it could put a dent into stall and balanced builds. Kyu-B is easily one of the best wallbreakers in the game, but it can't handle fat shit on its own. Next, I added Scarf Keldeo to provide the team with a general offensive Water + Water resist that helps with Mega Lop (revenge kill), Weavile, Bisharp, etc.. Icy Wind is nice for Ice coverage + utility thanks to speed drop; this can gimp Mega Alt for the team. Next, I really needed something for Mega Venusaur and Keldeo (mainly) that could provide hazard removal, so Latios was the best choice. Please note: constantly using Defog when playing HO isn't the best idea; you're gonna want to use it when you REALLY need to... that's what it's there for. Anyways, with Thunderbolt, Latios can hit things like Gyarados and Azumarill (on revenge), which the team really doesn't care for. Finally, Heatran was added in the last slot to help alleviate stall a bit more, and to help with Char-Y, Weavile (just SOMEWHAT for these 2), Char-X, Bisharp, Thundurus, Manectric, etc.. Pretty standard set here; decided to run Solar Beam to surprise and weaken fat Waters a bit. One cool thing about this team is that from your opponent's POV, it can be kinda difficult to know what sets your running. If you choose to edit the team, there are tons of things you can change around that I will detail below.

(weaknesses / other options) As I mentioned earlier, this team struggles with lots of common threats to offense: shit like Keldeo, speedy Electrics (Raikou, Thundurus, Mane), and common Scarfers (Keld again, Garchomp, Lando-T, etc.), for example, can be annoying, but you have the tools to deal with them for the most part. Lati + your own Keld alleviates Keldeo, Heatran + Lati + Kyu-B helps with electrics, and Scarfers get screwed when locked in, meaning you can switch in and get a free hit on whatever your opponent brings in. With that said, certain things aren't that easy to handle... mainly Sand Rush Drill, D-Dance Mega Altaria, Azumarill, and Rain. Sand Rush Drill has a somewhat hard time thanks to Lando-T (and Lati somewhat), but it can still put a dent in the team. D-Dance Mega Altaria gets gimped by Keld's Icy Wind, and Diancie can hit it with a Moonblast, but you really gotta try to pressure it so it can't set up comfortably. Azumarill doesn't like Latios and Kyu-B much on the revenge kill, but you have to sac something to it most of the time. Finally, Keldeo can handle Mega Pert and Kabutops in the rain, but Kingdra just eats this team. Other than Azu and Rain (mainly), that other shit can be handled... just definitely worth mentioning :p
(edit: this is what i was forgetting i think haha) There are some cool other options for this team. You can run non-Scarf Keldeo and Scarf Kyurem-B to better handle Mega Altaria mainly, but this makes you even weaker to Rain + Lop. If you find Gyarados to be a big problem, you can run HP Electric > Icy Wind on Keldeo, but this means you lose out on Icy Wind's benefits. If you don't care about hitting fat waters, you can run a filler move > Stone Edge + Air Balloon > Power Herb on Heatran. This can be a nice emergency option for Sand Rush Drill. If you run Stealth Rocks as that filler move on Heatran, you can change Landorus-T to the Double Dance set, giving you a nice win-con.

Hopefully you enjoy this team! I feel like I forgot to mention something, so sorry in advance if that's the case. If you have any questions/concerns about this team (or if you just need help with it in general), feel free to PM me on here or on PS! (I'm usually in OU room or Competitive Tutoring). Have fun n_n

special thanks to bludz for helping a lot with this team :]
ok, trying out the team rn! Thanks for getting this done!!! :)

Hey there been a while. I was interested in seeing a balanced team built around the Mega Lopunny + Gothitelle core. Not much to explain just really looking for a team that works well with this setup. Only thing I'd ask is maybe fitting in Serperior with this core. Last request and this can be ignored because this will sound stupid but maybe try building this without using legends. I know silly and you don't have to do this last part. Thanks!

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Encore / Baton Pass

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Trick
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Fire

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hiya ! So this time, The core I'd like includes:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

The team i have with these guys is mainly hazard stack weak, gardevoir/sylveon heatran and weavile weak as well. So I'd like to see what can u guys do with the core. Adding a watertype like manaphy/R-W is apreciated as it beats most of Charizard X's checks/counters (hippowdon, diancie, heatran, etc)
I'll work on this

Hey there been a while. I was interested in seeing a balanced team built around the Mega Lopunny + Gothitelle core. Not much to explain just really looking for a team that works well with this setup. Only thing I'd ask is maybe fitting in Serperior with this core. Last request and this can be ignored because this will sound stupid but maybe try building this without using legends. I know silly and you don't have to do this last part. Thanks!

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Encore / Baton Pass

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Trick
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Fire
no legends, huh? ill see how this goes.

So I asked for 2 teams in the past, neither of which were built. Here's hoping for number 3....

So I want an HO team built around these 2 mons

+

this is originally from the GOOD CORES thread

Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Swords Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Crawdaunt + Kyurem Black Offensive Core
+

These 2 wallbreakers form a destructive combo that leaves no team safe. They each have really good coverage, and are able to punch holes in the opponent's team with ease. Crawdaunt has a few number of checks, including Keldeo, Azumarill, Mega Altaria and Mega Venusaur. Kyurem-Black is able to KO all of them easily, but runs the risk of being KO'd by them as well. It's also able to take out physical walls that can give Crawdaunt a hard time, while Crawdaunt can get rid of special defensive walls for Kyurem. Most of Kyurem-Black's checks can be taken care of by running HP Fire to lure in steel types like Scizor, and Crawdaunt can also help against the other bulky checks such as Cresselia and Mega Slowbro. They may be slow, but they can put a ton of pressure on the opponent when they have an opportunity to attack. Crawdaunt's set is is standard, with Swords Dance being able to boost its attack to monstrous levels. Expert Belt is another option on Kyurem-Black to bluff choice scarf, and still do massive damage without taking LO damage. Team members that can help these wallbreakers, include ones that can handle fighting types and fairy types. Mach Punch gets rid of these 2 before they can do anything, and fairy types can easily KO them as well. Scizor and Mega Metagross are ideal for knocking out fairies and being able to take on fighting types. Scizor also has the ability to get a slow u-turn and get Kyurem or Crawdaunt in safely.
Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Swords Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
So I asked for 2 teams in the past, neither of which were built. Here's hoping for number 3....

So I want an HO team built around these 2 mons

+

this is originally from the GOOD CORES thread

Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Swords Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Taking this

I'm a very bad builder, so I would be very pleased if you could build a Bulky/Hyper Offense team around these two! :]

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot
- Drain Punch

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

The core is centrilized with Hoopa-U breaks down fat, bulky mons, and leaving T-Flame to take care of the survivors. With Grass Knot and Drain Punch Hoopa-U destroys Quagsire, Hippo and T-tar. In return T-Flame switch into Scizor and cleans faster teams in general.
However, I can't manage to build a team around them. This is where I ask you guys to help me.
Feel free to change the Hoopa-U set if needed!
I would be very grateful if somebody of you guys would build me a team! :D

Last edited:
the 3 pokemon i got thisfar are

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Outrage

Jirachi @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: -
- (no clue what set to run)

i like this core alot but i dont know with what pokemon / mega i should use these. i tryed running mega venusaur (hence i love that mega but suck @ using him). So i am all ear to every possible mega i could use and other team options this would fit.

Last edited:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast/Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Hidden Power Ice/Grass Knot/Thunder Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

(OPTIONAL)

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

I think that this core works well because infernape is able to destroy steel types such as ferrothorn skarmory and chansey, while rotom-w can provide a safe switch in thanks to volt switch.It can also beat talonflame and some water types like azumarill,
I'm not really sure about the mega but I thought of mega altaria because it can be a solid answer against the latwins and other dragon types that infernape doesn't really appreciate(such as garchomp).In return, infernape can break trough steel and ice types, allowing mega altaria to sweep.
NOTE:If you think that the infernape stallbreaker set is more viable that's fine aswell

Last edited:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast/Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Hidden Power Ice/Grass Knot/Thunder Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

(OPTIONAL)

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

I think that this core works well because infernape is able to destroy steel types such as ferrothorn skarmory and chansey, while rotom-w can provide a safe switch in thanks to volt switch.It can also beat talonflame and some water types like azumarill,
I'm not really sure about the mega but I thought of mega altaria because it can be a solid answer against the latwins and other dragon types that infernape doesn't really appreciate(such as garchomp).In return, infernape can break trough steel and ice types, allowing mega altaria to sweep.
Infernape really is not that great of a wallbreaker, it is quite mediocre compared to other wallbreakers that are viable in OU. If you really wanted to break Ferrothorn and Skarmory, you would be better off using Choice Band Azumarill with Aqua Tail + Superpower, which has a good chance to 2HKO Skarmory after Stealth Rock and deals heavy damage to Ferrothorn; in addition, Ferro and Skarm are more likely to stay in on Azumarill than they would Infernape. There is also Hoopa-U, which appreciates the support Rotom-W provides it and has a diverse enough movepool to give teams trouble figuring out how to handle it, though it would require more speed control than Rotom-W and Mega Altaria can currently provide it.

Brayne Wady

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Psyshock

I started the build off by introducing Mega Scizor to the core seeing that fairies stomped all over it. Decided to go with fast three attacks Jolly Zor, the lord. Reasons being: A- It bops SDef Trans as well as moderately fast Heatrans that speed creep Adamant Zor; B- It outspeeds Tank Chomps that speed creep Jolly Bisharp; C- It outspeeds the base 70s and below (stuff like defensive Mew which can be a pain in the ass.) Scizor has nice synergy with the former two, especially Crawdaunt since the two of them can tag team tank chomps, skarms, and what have you. Tank Garchomp was my rocker of choice mainly because the team is really priority-heavy and it appreciates the chip damage Chomp deals to physical attackers. Keldeo, Gyarados and Zard X are always problems for offense which is why I added Azumarill aboard. Nice n' Band Azu to weaken stuff for Daunt and Zor, decimate sand teams, and clean up offense with Jet.

Latias was the final addition since I wanted Defog + HW support (for Scizor and Crawdaunt). Lati was at first Life Orb but after seeing that Serperior 6-0d me, I made it Scarf. Scarf helps a lot with Mega Zam, unsuspecting Weavile and ofc Zard X. The suggested KB was Mild, but I felt that +speed nature was better for the team since SDef Talon is a nuisance and a half. Getting the jump on modest base 100s, namely Zard Y, is nice too. Roost > 4th attack so it could reliably take on Mega Man and not be overly reliant on Defog support. Though with Scarf Lati, you can afford to run 4 attacks imo. I had a blast testing this squad and I really hope you like it! S/o GeeMick for the help. Always appreciated n_n

Last edited:
Infernape really is not that great of a wallbreaker, it is quite mediocre compared to other wallbreakers that are viable in OU. If you really wanted to break Ferrothorn and Skarmory, you would be better off using Choice Band Azumarill with Aqua Tail + Superpower, which has a good chance to 2HKO Skarmory after Stealth Rock and deals heavy damage to Ferrothorn; in addition, Ferro and Skarm are more likely to stay in on Azumarill than they would Infernape. There is also Hoopa-U, which appreciates the support Rotom-W provides it and has a diverse enough movepool to give teams trouble figuring out how to handle it, though it would require more speed control than Rotom-W and Mega Altaria can currently provide it.
Well that's a shame, I really wanted a balanced team around infernape.What should I do?Should I ask the permission to change the core?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)