Teambuilding 101 (Round 4: sweetjesus, Zebraiken, Cherub Agent)

he already mentioned that he was weak to Gurdurr, and that he might switch electabuzz for rotom-s. also, its not an rmt so if you find other pokes working better on the team, you can do it for yourself
Comments like TyranoWin's are encouraged. It is very common for even experienced teambuilders to make big mistakes in their team. People reviewing your teams is a huge help because they often find flaws you overlooked!

So far I have only used sweetjesus' team for one match, but it was amazing then. Metang in general is very good, especially in tandem with Healing Wish. I'll use sweetjesus' and Cherub Agent's team more in a bit.

The team of Cherub Agent works very well for me. I played several games with it and won all of them, though Focus Blast' shaky accuracy prompted me to exchange it for Psychic, and Stone Edge on Golurk for Drain Punch once I realized the sudden lack of Fighting type moves.

I didn't try Sweet Jesus' team yet, but it looks strong as well.

Thank you for the feedback :)

Yeah, like I predicted, Fighting-types are simply a nightmare for the team. The first change is definetly gonna be Rotom-S over Electabuzz, as I wasn't too impressed with Tigger. Then I'm considering changing out Carracosta but I'm not really sure what to put there... I'd like to maintain a Bird check (although Rotom-S admittedy is quite adept at this) and Piloswine can also take birds on pretty well. I'm kind of looking into things that resist both Ice and Water for the team, perhaps a Water-type of my own? Shame Samurott doesn't have much special bulk, but the allout attacker could possily fit in well as a wallbreaker... just kinda rambling/brainstorming here, if you have any ideas do please share!

Samurott could be an option, but if you want a poke to take this water an ice hits you need a more resistant one, Samurott as wall breaker and probably with LO won't last long, and you'll lose your water and ice check for the rest of the game.

Another option that comes to mind is Relicanth if you want yo keep that water/ice/flying resistance, and it has a decent physical bulk. The CB set can be strong enough to take down some pokes while they are switching in, the bad part is that it doesn't have much special bulk, but it can be a original option instead of choosing the common Alomomola.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
As a user of Relicanth, i can safely say Relicanth does NOT take water moves well, if at all (it doesn't resist water after all). Surf, Hydro Pump, even Scald does a number to Relicanth, likely crippling it for the rest of the match due to its lack of reliable recovery. Even Ice Beam and Blizzard Relicanth has difficulty switching into more than once. It DOES make a fantastic check/counter to Flying-types though, standing out as one of the most impressive subBU Braviary counters I've ever seen due to its sheer offensive presence.

Yes, I totally forgot that Relicanth doesn't resist water... So, apart from Alomomola, I can only think of defensive Ludicolo or Seismitoad, but they don't resist ice

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Yeah, when looking for defensive water types that aren't Leftover-less NFEs that resist water and ice, there's alomo, lapras, dewgong, phione, walrein, and special mention to mantine who can take ice beams. Not a whole lot to work with (Walrein sucks without hail, Phione and Dewgong suck without rain).

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cherub Agent, I completely support the Rotom-S change, as it helps your weaknesses to not only opposing Fighting types, but also Swords Dance Sawsbuck, which you don't really have a good response to it once it sets up, and it needs to be weakened to Ice Shard range, or else you would almost certainly get swept by it. 100% support, and good job on the analysis of the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)