Team Rating Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to be considered for this project, even though I can really only rate UU related teams. I've posted (more than) my fair share of RMT's I've also been rating quite a few recently.

So if there is something for me to do (even if its learning to rate better), I would gladly be involved.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Going to have to ask people stop volunteering to be a participant for the program right now. Aeolus or another administrator needs to comment on Tangerine's layout and candidates will be picked from there (assuming it is approved). Just hold on a bit!

I don't want to make a new thread for this, but since you were talking about the stickies/rules in the RMT forum anyway, I'd like to propose that all the stickies be kind of revamped and condensed. Right now it's pretty cluttered and confusing, which I'm sure leads to newer members being intimidated and stuff.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't want to make a new thread for this, but since you were talking about the stickies/rules in the RMT forum anyway, I'd like to propose that all the stickies be kind of revamped and condensed. Right now it's pretty cluttered and confusing, which I'm sure leads to newer members being intimidated and stuff.
I'll try to come up with a temporary solution over the next day or so because I actually agree. Once Tangerine's proposal gets looked over, and if approved, the stickies will be updated anyway.

Edit @ original proposal: I personally don't like the idea of telling people what teams to rate, seems just let them help where they see fit; but it's not a big deal.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't see what's wrong with telling people what kind of teams they should avoid rating - aka teams beyond all hope, not really competitive teams, teams where the player obviously have no idea what they're doing. New players should not be building teams and posting them up for "rates" - they should be getting help at Battling 101. It is a waste of time and effort, and to be honest, rating bad teams are incredibly easy and it doesn't take effort at all.

Not that I care about opinions from people who have never consistently rated a team before. If you want me to take you guys seriously then I recommend giving harder objections than "I don't like this"

I dont really think this would really be that helpful and i dont see what its actually going to achieve were just going to get a load of badge hungry people who havent been involoved in team rating and with the prospect of a badge are. Maybe we will get some good raters out of it but why arent they just making a concerned effort now. RMTing is the easiest thing on this forum doing it really well is hard yes but if people arent even making post now and are waiting for this well then that is just dissappointing.

I propose all we need to do is fix up the "How to RMT"

Split this into two posts:

First Post :-

How to Write an RMT

Second Post

How to rate an RMT

I dont think we should have to make a factory to churn out badged members. If people arent still willing to rate / change the way they rate after we fix up these sticky then we can do the workshop.

Also i wont be able to take part for a while as i have exams till the sixteenth of June which sucks.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I dont really think this would really be that helpful and i dont see what its actually going to achieve were just going to get a load of badge hungry people who havent been involoved in team rating and with the prospect of a badge are. Maybe we will get some good raters out of it but why arent they just making a concerned effort now. RMTing is the easiest thing on this forum doing it really well is hard yes but if people arent even making post now and are waiting for this well then that is just dissappointing.

I propose all we need to do is fix up the "How to RMT"

Split this into two posts:

First Post :-

How to Write an RMT

Second Post

How to rate an RMT

I dont think we should have to make a factory to churn out badged members. If people arent still willing to rate / change the way they rate after we fix up these sticky then we can do the workshop.

Also i wont be able to take part for a while as i have exams till the sixteenth of June which sucks.
Don't worry - if this process actually goes underway then we're not going to let anyone who just wants to be a part of it a part of it. We're going to pick people who deserves the badge based on quantity but not quite there in quality.

Also... please don't volunteer to help... especially if you aren't qualified =/

Oh i didnt mean that.

LR said something about people that make a consistent effort throughout the time. I was refferring to that.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
LR said something about people that make a consistent effort throughout the time.
Could we define what is exactly "consistent effort"? Like 2 rates a day or something. People tend to underestimate how long it takes to rate a team. For me, it takes about 15 min to do one proper rate.

Could we define what is exactly "consistent effort"? Like 2 rates a day or something. People tend to underestimate how long it takes to rate a team. For me, it takes about 15 min to do one proper rate.
Use your common sense. Im sure if you make a concerted effort then your post quantity would not be a determining factor. Its up to the mods though and they can easily tell who is trying and who obviously isnt.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just a thought. What if people who wanted to rate teams could say "I want to receive rating advice?" By doing so, for every 5 rates they give, they would receive advice about team rating from an experienced rater (aka. a badgeholder). This would be a simplified tutorial system.

I think we should just critically analyse one persons rate each day on the sub forum. Then show them what they need to change. Thats all that is needed. Only some people want to be a part of this and its obvious who is currently trying. These people should be analysed first. I dont think we should have sign ups if you rate then you will be awarded by an analysis of your rates by Badged users.

Edit: See below for final thoughts.

OK
I know this isnt my project but ive been thinking and i propose this is what we do.

Firstly we create a Rater sub-forum on the RMT forum and have a sign up thread for those who want to recieve analysis on their rates. Each week a group of certified analyzers pick one or two tutees. Throughout the week the tutees rate RMTs in forum and the tutors provide feedback on their rates as the week progress they try and improve their rating using their new found insight to do so. At the end of the week the thread is closed and they are given an advice sheet showing what they need to improve and how well they did etc.

This is a fairly straightforward way of doing this. Its not too over the top effort wise but it would certainly be helpful for those wanting to improve their rating. This method could easily be modified as the weeks progress. For example a hypothetical rating scenario could be included in course and the tutees response to the scenario would be assessed.

WHEN IS THE FORUM GOING UP??

locopoke

Banned deucer.
So what is happening with this project? Is it still going to happen eventually? Or are more volunteers needed? This thread hasn't been updated in a while...

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I have approved the project and the workshop has been created. SoT and Legacy Raider are going to be heading this up. They have submitted to me a detailed outline of the program as they see it and have already built a list of original volunteers. Please see that forum for further details as they are posted.

One thing I'd like to make clear... the workshop is not a place where we manufacture Team Rater badges. It is going to be a place where willing volunteers can improve their team rating skills. If they make a conscientious effort over a prolonged period of time, applying the skills learned in the workshop, they will be considered for recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)